PDA

View Full Version : Lewis apologizes for remarks about police profiling

G. Host
05-24-2007, 08:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2881996
Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis has apologized for comments he made on Dan Patrick's ESPN radio show about Cincinnati police possibly profiling his players.

Lewis' apology came a day after an interview on ESPN Radio's The Dan Patrick Show in which he noted that wide receiver Chris Henry was pulled over in March after not signaling a turn while driving in Cincinnati. Asked if he thought such a traffic stop indicated there was profiling at work, Lewis said: "I think there's profiling, no question. We're [Cincinnati] a small place, our guys stand out, and they know that and you've got to do things the right way, but when you are arrested for, or you are pulled over for not putting on your turn signal, there's something wrong there. Many people make right turns without putting on their turn signals and that's unfortunate that we've had a guy that's pulled over for not putting on his turn signal."

Anybody but the trolls and the douchers think was a loss that he was not signed by Buffalo? He made disparaging remarks about Buffalo in an attempt to get more money and I am sure he would be doing the same act in Buffalo now regarding the police if his players, the players who are supposed tp follow his lead, were arrested?

i

feelthepain
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah, you notice there's never any fear of losing a job when you're black and you slander? They can say whatever they like anytime they like and there's never an issue. Oh sure, he had to write a retraction...woopeee!!! If the tide were turn and a white coach had called the black police racist, then someone would be looking for another job. Talk about using the race card like a crutch. People want the racism to stop, but the first chance they get to use it for there own benefit, they waste no time. Hypocrites!!!!!!!!!

Carlton Bailey
05-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Jeez. Even their coach is a disaster. I didn't realize he even said anything.

dolphan117
05-25-2007, 10:24 AM
If anyone deserves to be profiled its Begals players. How bout this coach? Get your players to stop srewing up and then come complain about profiling.