PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have "hockey fatigue"

User Manuel
05-25-2007, 08:14 AM
I dont know what it is, but it started about 3/4 of the way through the season. I don't know if it was oversaturation of the Sabres in Buffalo or what. While I ma bummed they didn't win it, I am relieved just because I needed a break from hockey.

Am I alone in this?

Chris23
05-25-2007, 08:18 AM
I think it was the ****ty play in the playoffs that ruined it for me.

Ebenezer
05-25-2007, 10:25 AM
I had it in February.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-25-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't, I wish it was still going on. I usually take the summer off of sports and resume in September.

Michael82
05-25-2007, 11:02 AM
I think it was the ****ty play in the playoffs that ruined it for me.
The fact that the team appeared to give a half ass effort ruined it for me. :ill:

Ebenezer
05-25-2007, 12:37 PM
The fact that the team appeared to give a half ass effort ruined it for me. :ill:
not to be argumentative but you view it as halfed ass...maybe they had nothing left to give against a better team?? they are professionals. if the first period of game 1 against Ottawa didn't jump start them then nothing was going to.

if they simply thought they could take the ice and be awarded the trophy then they weren't very professional and should be broken up completely, correct?? how can fans in this blue collar town accept a half assed effort, i.e., ticket sales should go down and nobody should go to the games next year and support them...somehow, I fail to see that happening...so again, all the conjecture about playing halfassed is worthless...we will never know if they played half assed or had nothing left to give.

Michael82
05-25-2007, 01:08 PM
not to be argumentative but you view it as halfed ass...maybe they had nothing left to give against a better team?? they are professionals. if the first period of game 1 against Ottawa didn't jump start them then nothing was going to.

if they simply thought they could take the ice and be awarded the trophy then they weren't very professional and should be broken up completely, correct?? how can fans in this blue collar town accept a half assed effort, i.e., ticket sales should go down and nobody should go to the games next year and support them...somehow, I fail to see that happening...so again, all the conjecture about playing halfassed is worthless...we will never know if they played half assed or had nothing left to give.
Bull****! Look how they played in Games 4 and 5. If they played anything like that in the first 3 games...I have no doubt that the Sabres would have been up 3-2 or down 2-3. Either way...they would have still been alive in Game 6. :mad:

camelcowboy
05-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Offseason and trade deadline are my favorite time of the year "video game franchise syndrom" but im finding other ways to pass my time.

Bufftp
05-25-2007, 03:45 PM
I am suffering from Hockey withdrawl.

Dr. Lecter
05-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Bull****! Look how they played in Games 4 and 5. If they played anything like that in the first 3 games...I have no doubt that the Sabres would have been up 3-2 or down 2-3. Either way...they would have still been alive in Game 6. :mad:

Teams sometimes play poorly due to poor execution rather than "effort"

Philagape
05-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I'll feel it next month ... I always get hockey fatigue in June. Hockey in June is just not right.

Ebenezer
05-25-2007, 04:32 PM
it's easy to get up for one game or two when you are facing elimination...how many teams lose 4-0 in the conference finals?? why didn't they respond earlier? I am betting the tank read zero for many of those guys long before March hit...case in point - I bet Zubrus injury was helped along because he came from a Washington team where he was probably a little out of conditioning compared to our guys - remember when he came here and players were zipping by him?? He wasn't in as good of shape as our players at the trade deadline.

Typ0
05-25-2007, 08:15 PM
it's easy to get up for one game or two when you are facing elimination...how many teams lose 4-0 in the conference finals?? why didn't they respond earlier? I am betting the tank read zero for many of those guys long before March hit...case in point - I bet Zubrus injury was helped along because he came from a Washington team where he was probably a little out of conditioning compared to our guys - remember when he came here and players were zipping by him?? He wasn't in as good of shape as our players at the trade deadline.

while I would agree there is a good chance they were out of gas I think it was mental not physical.

Ebenezer
05-25-2007, 08:34 PM
while I would agree there is a good chance they were out of gas I think it was mental not physical.
I will agree with that to a point...it was probably some of both - and being out of gas mentally is worse than physically.

SABuffalo786
05-26-2007, 01:58 AM
This year just wasn't as enjoyable as last year. Nothing ever felt good enough.

The summer off/first month of the Bills will do us all good.

tampabay25690
05-26-2007, 03:16 PM
NOT me...I love the game of Hockey. It should be a good Stanley Cup. It sad when Hockey is over there really isn't anything until middle of August when Training camp is on its way and College football starts....Baseball season to me is way to long!!!!