PDA

View Full Version : A Quasi K Gun Offense for JP?

blackonyx89
05-25-2007, 11:24 AM
It looks like that the Bills are going to have a spread offense that JP is going to have mulitple targets. I hope that the Offensive coordinator will speed up the offense because we know that JP plays with an edgy energy and really fling that ball!

Chris23
05-25-2007, 11:29 AM
It looks like that the Bills are going to have a spread offense that JP is going to have mulitple targets. I hope that the Offensive coordinator will speed up the offense because we know that JP plays with an edgy energy and really fling that ball!It will be sick!

raphael120
05-25-2007, 11:50 AM
It would be sweet if we use Marshawn as a slot reciever at some points too like the Saints do with Bush and what the Steelers plan to do with Willie.

RedEyE
05-25-2007, 11:53 AM
This is the way I envision the Bills playing this offense as well. Lynch would be that more effective when included in the passing game, and Losman would be best suited on quick fire plays with the small in stature (yet fast) receiving corp this team has.

Obviously something similar to what the Rams had with Marshall Faulk, Bruce, and Holt.

Perfected, defenses will be forced to play pass opening the running game more. I remember a Monday night game a few years back where the Rams played (vs the Eagles I think) and they had been passing the ball well all season. On their first drive the opposing defense had been expecting pass right at the start, and found themselves scrambling before it was too late. The Rams drove into the endzone on their 1st possesion in 9 or 11 striaght running plays.

The problem that I see with this style offense is that it will be almost too quick to score, if such a thing. Our defense is young, and highly questionable present day. I'm not too sure they can handle the brunt of possesion time being handed to the opposition.

My other issue is that I'm not fond of build the pass to open the run. It didn't work for Gilbride, in later years. Though it seemed to work fine the 1st year Bledsoe was at the helm in Buffalo. One thing that I remember is that Henry was utilized more in teh passing game that year( 43 rec and 309yds), and tosses to him were spread fewer in later years. That could have been a major reason for inconsitancy to include the premature departure of one of the Bills finer TE's, Jay Remiersma.

patmoran2006
05-25-2007, 12:06 PM
The downfall of playing a fast-paced offense is that when it isnt totally clicking, you're going to get a lot of 3-and-outs and put an already weak defense on the field far too long.

If anything, the way the OL is built with graders like Dockery and Walker as additions, I actually expect the opposite and think the Bills will try to control the clock a lot more than last year.

mikemac2001
05-25-2007, 12:06 PM
I CANT WAIT TILL FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!

Tatonka
05-25-2007, 01:05 PM
i think that they will have both options.. to grind it out with lynch and wright.. or to open it up with alot of small, fast wrs, hopefully we will see something from everett do something with his career because having a pass catching TE in the middle would really be huge.. lynch in the slot, and maybe even use wright as a draw option.

patmoran2006
05-25-2007, 01:07 PM
The reason why I think Wright will be a good pick down the line (but not this year) is because at times we're going to try and pound the ball; and that's Wright's strength.

Other times we'll spread it open more and be unpredictable- which suits Lynch the best.

I think down the line you'll see Wright in the fourth quarter of a lot of Bills leads (assuming they have any-heh u knew I'd throw that in)

justasportsfan
05-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Nice thread. I'm excited about the possibilities on O.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I CANT WAIT TILL FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!

Dude! Let me have summer first! :)

Night Train
05-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't think it will be wide open but the short passes to the RB's will open up a few more shots downfield. I noticed in the OTA's that Chris Brown mentioned Lynch and Wright were seeing lots of swing passes. Something McGahee sucked at and forced Fairchid to a more limited playbook.

Mitchy moo
05-25-2007, 10:02 PM
The problem that I see with this style offense is that it will be almost too quick to score, if such a thing. Our defense is young, and highly questionable present day. I'm not too sure they can handle the brunt of possesion time being handed to the opposition.

Well on the other side of the coin, it may end up forcing opposing teams to abandon their running game to try to score as well. Indy ended up finding that beautiful mix of running, passing and scoring with a good D to boot. Let's get Jp and the boys cranked up and we'll sweat the lead later.

RedEyE
05-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Well on the other side of the coin, it may end up forcing opposing teams to abandon their running game to try to score as well. Indy ended up finding that beautiful mix of running, passing and scoring with a good D to boot. Let's get Jp and the boys cranked up and we'll sweat the lead later.

Finding that mixture takes an incredible amount of time and resiliance. That's difficult to do in today's NFL.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-25-2007, 11:03 PM
We don't have the personell to run a wide open, pass happy offense. It's going to be the same bland, run oriented offense as usual.

LOL my goodness what is the matter with some people!!

did your mother have any children that lived?