• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The truth about homers vs. realists.

Homers are suffering from Battered Women's Syndrome. This team kicks the **** out of them, then promises to get better. The homers convince themselves everything is going to be fine, and return to get the **** kicked out of them yet again.

Realists, on the other hand, have become masochists. They no longer have the ability to convince themselves everything is going to be fine, yet, they keep returning for the beatings anyway. Maybe they're not exactly like masochists because masochists tend to get pleasure out of having the **** kicked out of them- realists don't like the way they're treated by this team but never stop coming back.

So, the difference isn't really as great as the metaphorical chasm on this board would suggest.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: The truth about homers vs. realists.

Yep, sure huh huh, yep...

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Homers enjoy the beatings, Realists gotta ruin it for them

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

What e v e r. I know the Bills loves me. They don't means to lose. I mean, it's not like they aint tryin'.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Thank you sir, may I have another?
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Homers will think the team has a chance to win every week, even when they are bad.

Realists will give every reason why they won't win, then ***** when they don't. If they happen to win, they will point out all the bad things they did and say they were lucky.

I am happy to be a

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
              Homers will think the team has a chance to win every week, even when they are bad.

Realists will give every reason why they won't win, then ***** when they don't. If they happen to win, they will point out all the bad things they did and say they were lucky.

I am happy to be a
              wow, this post is all over the place.

If the team loses, homers and realists alike should be unhappy, so what's wrong with *****ing about a loss? Knowing it's coming doesn't make a loss any less of a loss.

And as far as pointing out the bad things in a win: there is a good reason for it, ie, not expecting more wins. Given the record of this team over the last few seasons, I'd say the realists had a damn good point in that regard.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Some people like to piss and moan, some people don't.. I think its really that simple.

Comment

• im4bflo
                  the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                  • Sep 2003

I'm proud to be a homer, they're my home team, and win or lose, it doesn't change anything IMO.
                  I'm going to enjoy the good, and suffer through the bad forever. GO BILLS!

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

Every minute of every day, I think the best of our team. Right now, we're contenders. The fans of 31 other teams think the same way. Who says we're wrong?
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

There's good and bad in almost everything. Some choose to focus on the good, some choose to focus on the bad. And on both ends, it's never as good or as bad as they say it is.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Fans are supposed to be homers. Leave the objectivity to the media (excluding ESPN, which we all know sucks).

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

The study of Homer is one of the very oldest topics in all football or professional sports, and goes back to antiquity. Purely in terms of quantity it is one of the largest of all atheletic sub-couch potato-disciplines: the annual defeatist regurgitation rivals that on past success, and melds facts with potential and percentages. The aims and achievements of Homeric studies have changed over the course of the millennia; in the last few centuries they have revolved around the process by which the Homeric teams came into existence and were transmitted down to us, first orally, and later visually, through years of learned beahvior.

Some of the main trends in modern Homeric activity have been, in the 20th and early 21st centuries, Analysis and Unitarianism, which were habits of thought that emphasized on the one hand the inconsistencies, on the other the artistic unity, in sucess; and in the 21st century and later Oral Theory, which is the study of the mechanisms and effects of oral transmission, and Neoanalysis, which is the study of the relationship between Homer and other early epic nemisis, Realism.

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by JJamezz
                            Some people like to piss and moan, some people don't.. I think its really that simple.
                            Bingo.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                              The study of Homer is one of the very oldest topics in all football or professional sports, and goes back to antiquity. Purely in terms of quantity it is one of the largest of all atheletic sub-couch potato-disciplines: the annual defeatist regurgitation rivals that on past success, and melds facts with potential and percentages. The aims and achievements of Homeric studies have changed over the course of the millennia; in the last few centuries they have revolved around the process by which the Homeric teams came into existence and were transmitted down to us, first orally, and later visually, through years of learned beahvior.

Some of the main trends in modern Homeric activity have been, in the 20th and early 21st centuries, Analysis and Unitarianism, which were habits of thought that emphasized on the one hand the inconsistencies, on the other the artistic unity, in sucess; and in the 21st century and later Oral Theory, which is the study of the mechanisms and effects of oral transmission, and Neoanalysis, which is the study of the relationship between Homer and other early epic nemisis, Realism.

You suck

Comment

Working...
                              X