PDA

View Full Version : Leon Hall

Sportsuser101
05-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Or Darrelle Revis would make me feel a whole lot better about our defense. For me I think we'd be better off with Hall or Revis then having Lynch. Grab Hall or Revis in the 1st and then grab Bush at the end of the 3rd. Not that I'm unhappy with our draft because I really do like our draft but for me I'm all about building a defense 1st. You can always find running backs. It's not often you get a big time corner. In year 3, we're going to be mad when Revis shuts down Evans for 2 games.

SABURZFAN
05-26-2007, 01:44 PM
this will be interesting. :movie:

camelcowboy
05-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Or Darrelle Revis would make me feel a whole lot better about our defense. For me I think we'd be better off with Hall or Revis then having Lynch. Grab Hall or Revis in the 1st and then grab Bush at the end of the 3rd. Not that I'm unhappy with our draft because I really do like our draft but for me I'm all about building a defense 1st. You can always find running backs. It's not often you get a big time corner. In year 3, we're going to be mad when Revis shuts down Evans for 2 games. First of all leon hall is garbage, second the notion you can find running backs anywhere is false, most of the teams in the NFL have drafted they're running back in the first, or second round. I do wish they addressed the corner issue in the first day, instead of Stanford a third string QB in the 3rd Hughes should have been the pick. Not the fastest guy in the world but he's a ballhawk who would be perfect for a cover 2 defense. Polian took him the pick after ours, and he runs the same defense. I do feel better about the Webster signing, and they must really like Youboty. So we will see how they do this year, but in the end even if they took the corner, im not sure if they finish above 7-9 with this schedule anyway. Im going to use a phrase OP loves, next year is the year.

tampabay25690
05-26-2007, 02:16 PM
First of all leon hall is garbage, second the notion you can find running backs anywhere is false, most of the teams in the NFL have drafted they're running back in the first, or second round. I do wish they addressed the corner issue in the first day, instead of Stanford a third string QB in the 3rd Hughes should have been the pick. Not the fastest guy in the world but he's a ballhawk who would be perfect for a cover 2 defense. Polian took him the pick after ours, and he runs the same defense. I do feel better about the Webster signing, and they must really like Youboty. So we will see how they do this year, but in the end even if they took the corner, im not sure if they finish above 7-9 with this schedule anyway. Im going to use a phrase OP loves, next year is the year.

I think CB we will be fine and yes LEON HALL IS overrated....The only reason he was talked about is becasue CB was very weak in the draft this year........We will be ok the RECORD I have no idea. At least are offense has gotten better..

SABURZFAN
05-26-2007, 02:19 PM
At least are offense has gotten better..

it looks better on paper.then again,you can't get much worse after being ranked 31st last year.

YardRat
05-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Water under the bridge...We didn't draft Hall or Revis, so the point is moot.

Let it go, and move on.

patmoran2006
05-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Im glad we didnt draft either of them.

Im fuming we havent better addressed CB- but taking a CB 12th overall with a cover two would've been a big mistake.

Lynch will be just fine, dont worry

Sportsuser101
05-27-2007, 09:54 AM
First of all leon hall is garbage, second the notion you can find running backs anywhere is false, most of the teams in the NFL have drafted they're running back in the first, or second round. I do wish they addressed the corner issue in the first day, instead of Stanford a third string QB in the 3rd Hughes should have been the pick. Not the fastest guy in the world but he's a ballhawk who would be perfect for a cover 2 defense. Polian took him the pick after ours, and he runs the same defense. I do feel better about the Webster signing, and they must really like Youboty. So we will see how they do this year, but in the end even if they took the corner, im not sure if they finish above 7-9 with this schedule anyway. Im going to use a phrase OP loves, next year is the year.

Leon Hall is not garbage. If he were garbage he wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round let alone #18.

And yes you can find running backs anywhere. 12 out of the 32 NFL have starting running backs that they drafted in the 1st round. So YES you can find running backs just about anywhere.

Indy - Addai
Jacksonville - Taylor
KC - LJ
Miami - Brown
NE - Maroney
SD - LT
CHI - Benson
DET - KJones
NO - McAllister
SEA - Alexander
STL - Jackson
TB - Cadillac

Hughes isn't anything special. At that point Edwards was the best pick. He'll probably be our starting QB at some point.

SABURZFAN
05-27-2007, 10:25 AM
At that point Edwards was the best pick. He'll probably be our starting QB at some point.

uh oh...... :couch:

HHURRICANE
05-27-2007, 10:39 AM
it looks better on paper.then again,you can't get much worse after being ranked 31st last year.

Fron the Buffalo News:

Continuity should be a huge benefit to the Bills’ attack this year. It’s something that is almost foreign to the Bills’ organization.
This is the first time in four years the Bills have the same offensive coordinator and the same quarterback returning from the previous season. It’s only the second time in the last eight years the Bills have the coordinator-quarterback combination back.
Is it any wonder the Bills’ offense has ranked among the top 10 in the NFL just once in that span?

justasportsfan
05-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Leon Hall is not garbage. If he were garbage he wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round let alone #18.

t.

Looks like there are doubters about Hall. It's not like we passed on a sure thing like Calvin Johnson .
We haven't had a dynamic O since the K-gun. I have no problem giving JP all the help he can get.

SABURZFAN
05-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Fron the Buffalo News:

Continuity should be a huge benefit to the Bills’ attack this year. It’s something that is almost foreign to the Bills’ organization.
This is the first time in four years the Bills have the same offensive coordinator and the same quarterback returning from the previous season. It’s only the second time in the last eight years the Bills have the coordinator-quarterback combination back.
Is it any wonder the Bills’ offense has ranked among the top 10 in the NFL just once in that span?

JP has to grab the bull by the horns,this year,or we could possibly be in the same boat for the next couple of years.

ublinkwescore
05-27-2007, 12:05 PM
JP has to grab the bull by the horns,this year,or we could possibly be in the same boat for the next couple of years.

Is this a serious post?

camelcowboy
05-28-2007, 12:31 AM

And yes you can find running backs anywhere. 12 out of the 32 NFL have starting running backs that they drafted in the 1st round. So YES you can find running backs just about anywhere.

Indy - Addai
Jacksonville - Taylor
KC - LJ
Miami - Brown
NE - Maroney
SD - LT
CHI - Benson
DET - KJones
NO - McAllister
SEA - Alexander
STL - Jackson
TB - Cadillac

Hughes isn't anything special. At that point Edwards was the best pick. He'll probably be our starting QB at some point.

Leon Hall is garbage and i don't care where he was drafted, i've had the pleasure of watching him get burned on numerous occasions. Think what you will but i couldn't be happier that the bills passed on him.

We Passed up one of the better corners in college football who dropped just because of his forty time for a 3rd string QB who played who did nothing but get his arse kicked on a week to week basis in college football. It was a luxury pick, i don't care how good of a "value" it was. That being said he's a bill now no sense getting bent over it.

Now to your nonsense that you can get a running back anywhere its clear you didn't do any homework so let me do it for you. In the NFL if you don't choose a rb in rounds 1-2 good luck.

Your list 12-32
Indy - Addai
Jacksonville - Taylor
KC - LJ
Miami - Brown
NE - Maroney
SD - LT
CHI - Benson
DET - KJones
NO - McAllister
SEA - Alexander
STL - Jackson
TB - Cadillac

Now pay attention! :rolleyes: How could you miss these?

Arizona - James
NYJ - Thomas Jones
Baltimore- Willis Mc******
Atlanta- Warrick Dunn
Cleveland- Jamal Lewis

Now we are up too 17-32, thats more then half of the starters are 1st round picks.

Now first round picks that will be starting, or playing major roles on their teams this year

New Orleans - Reggie Bush
Carolina - Deangelo Williams
Buffalo - Lynch - like it or not he will be starting
Minny- Adrian Peterson- will be stealing many of the careers this year.

Now some second round starters
Ten- Lendale White/Chris Henry- drafted this year horrible reach in the second round
Dallas- Julius Jones
Washington- Portis
Packers- Brandon Jackson - another second round stretch that may have to start.
Carolina-Foster
Jacksonville- Jones-Drew
Denver- Travis Henry

Now in conclusion your post is just awful. 25 of the 32 teams filled their running back holes with running backs picked in rounds 1-2 . You Cannot find a starting running back "anywhere", of course a few teams get lucky, but the bills made the right move in a very shallow RB class. Quit crying about events you have no control over, because they have already past, its ok to have a opinion just be prepared to back it up.

Arizona-Edge
Atlanta- Dunn
Buf- Lynch/ A.Thomas "2nd round pick"
Cleveland- Lewis
Carolina- Williams/Foster
Dallas- Julius Jones
Denver- Travis Henry
Indy - Addai
Jacksonville - Taylor/Jones-Drew
KC - LJ
Miami - Brown
NE - Maroney
SD - LT
CHI - Benson
DET - K Jones/T.J Duckett "1st rnd:"/ T.Bell "2nd rnd"
GB- Jackson
Min - Peterson
NO - McAllister/Bush
NYJ- Thomas Jones
SEA - Alexander
STL - Jackson/Leonard
TB - Cadillac
Ten - White/Henry
Was - Portis

Night Train
05-28-2007, 05:18 AM
A CB has never been an impact player in his Rookie year in my 40 + years of following the NFL outside of 1 time. Darrell Green of Washington in 1983.

I would have been livid if we invested a 1st round pick on Revis or especially Hall (who was burned in most every big game at Michigan) . We had crying needs at RB and MLB, selecting wisely. Youboty is unproven but is getting his work in now. He has to be given a chance to sink or swim, like any 1st day pick. On the flip side, we had nothing at RB or MLB.

The impact of Lynch and Poz will be immediate and ongoing.

Jan Reimers
05-28-2007, 08:36 AM
A CB has never been an impact player in his Rookie year in my 40 + years of following the NFL outside of 1 time. Darrell Green of Washington in 1983.

I would have been livid if we invested a 1st round pick on Revis or especially Hall (who was burned in most every big game at Michigan) . We had crying needs at RB and MLB, selecting wisely. Youboty is unproven but is getting his work in now. He has to be given a chance to sink or swim, like any 1st day pick. On the flip side, we had nothing at RB or MLB.

The impact of Lynch and Poz will be immediate and ongoing.

Great post. What the negmeisters continually miss is that the Bills planned ahead and drafted Nate's replacement last year - Ashton Youboty. And they must have seen enough of him to believe he can do the job, or they would have waded into free agency or the draft to find his replacement.

ParanoidAndroid
05-28-2007, 08:55 AM
The past 4 or 5 drafts popularized the notion of being able to get starting RB's in the middle rounds thanks in part to some 1st round flops like Trung Canidate and William Green.
If you look on http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/positions/RB you will find that there are some decent RB's that came out of the middle rounds of several drafts, but very, very few who became long time starters. It is made abundantly clear that the best RB's are, unsurprisingly, found in round one and notably fewer in round two. Of the best RB's in the league right now, (LT, LJ, Gore, Alexander, Stephen Jackson) only Gore was not a 1st rounder. The percentages favor the first round.

HHURRICANE
05-28-2007, 11:30 AM

JP isn't going to get 7 games this year to figure out how to throw the ball out of the pocket, so we agree on that.

But he's not fighting for the job so he can work on more plays, more routes, etc. He's going to have more time to throw the ball. The running game, although a little premature, should be better as well.

This is JP's year to prove why he's a first rounder, no doubt. I actually think the entire O is going to be great this year. The D scares the crap out of me.

hammerbillsfan
05-28-2007, 12:48 PM
I hear that brotha! We reached for Lynch and the Jets are going to be laughing in our face knowing they just grabbed the next Ty Law.

Hall/Revis would have made a lot more sense than Lynch but this is just more proof the front office is clueless when it comes to drafting.

:rolleyes:

Elminster
05-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Great post. What the negmeisters continually miss is that the Bills planned ahead and drafted Nate's replacement last year - Ashton Youboty. And they must have seen enough of him to believe he can do the job, or they would have waded into free agency or the draft to find his replacement.
People seem to forget Youboty would most likely have been side-by-side with Hall and Revis on the draft board if he hadn't come out early. What, exactly, do those two offer that is so much more compelling than Youboty? Draft position?

HHURRICANE
05-28-2007, 01:35 PM
People seem to forget Youboty would most likely have been side-by-side with Hall and Revis on the draft board if he hadn't come out early. What, exactly, do those two offer that is so much more compelling than Youboty? Draft position?

I agree. People forget that he was drafted ahead of Simpson and he started all year.

camelcowboy
05-28-2007, 02:11 PM
I hear that brotha! We reached for Lynch and the Jets are going to be laughing in our face knowing they just grabbed the next Ty Law.

Hall/Revis would have made a lot more sense than Lynch but this is just more proof the front office is clueless when it comes to drafting.

http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/main/images/crank_yankers.jpg

FlyingDutchman
05-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Hall is overrated IMO. I think people need to give Youboty a chance. A worn down rookie cornerback is all we would have, bc without a steady running game in which hopefully Lynch will provide our D would never be off the field.

venis2k1
05-28-2007, 03:28 PM
I think people need to give Youboty a chance.

for me, im not worried about youboty, but if mcgee continues to struggle with the cover 2 this year, than i will be very worried about him as a starting cb with this team in the 2008 season and beyond. last year was by far his worst year in the nfl. he gave up big play after big play, and seemed to get picked on all year. produced 0 turnovers. mcgees strenths(deep speed, quick change of direction) are downplayed in the tampa 2 system. and it scares me to think about him going up against the best WRs this league has to offer week in and week out.

FlyingDutchman
05-28-2007, 03:44 PM
for me, im not worried about youboty, but if mcgee continues to struggle with the cover 2 this year, than i will be very worried about him as a starting cb with this team in the 2008 season and beyond. last year was by far his worst year in the nfl. he gave up big play after big play, and seemed to get picked on all year. produced 0 turnovers. mcgees strenths(deep speed, quick change of direction) are downplayed in the tampa 2 system. and it scares me to think about him going up against the best WRs this league has to offer week in and week out.

agreed, lets just hope it was a product of Mcgee learning a new system and hope he can adjust.