PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper Not Conceeding to Green

DynaPaul
05-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Taken from www.profootballtalk.com.

Culpepper's "this is my team quote" sounds reminiscent of Bledsoe before he got cut.

CULPEPPER WON'T CONCEDE TO GREEN

Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper, who presumably would be jettisoned if/when Trent Green is acquired from the Chiefs, apparently thinks that he'll be sticking around even after Green makes it to town.

And that Green might not be able to wrest the starting job from Culpepper, even though Culpepper currently doesn't possess it.

"For a guy, for anybody who thinks that whatever their situation is where they're at and they're coming here, and it's going to be peaches and cream, that's not the case," Culpepper said, according to the Miami Herald.

He added that "it's not going to be a cakewalk" for Green, if he joins the Fins.

''It's not bothering me one way or the other because I know I'll be healthy,'' he said. "As long as I'm healthy, I'll be fine. I feel I'm going to be a great player in this league. . . . Nothing has changed in my mind until somebody tells me different. I'm the quarterback of this team.''

Correction, Daunte. You were the quarterback of the team. Now, you're merely a quarterback on the roster of the team. And that'll change not long after Green comes to town.

And Culpepper still isn't fully healthy. He says he's "close" to 100 percent. ''I'm getting stronger and better every day,'' he said. "I really want to do more, but I want to be smart about it.''

Meanwhile, Fins coach Cam Cameron is being coy about the plans for Culpepper.

''For me to make an evaluation of a guy I've never seen play with my own two eyes, I'm not going to go there,'' Cameron said. "I feel like I've been around enough quarterbacks, and that's the way you do it. That's what serves the player and us the best.''

So it appears that the Fins won't let go of Culpepper until they get Green. And maybe, as others have suggested in the past, one of the Chiefs' motivations in holding on to Green is to keep Culpepper out of the clutches of the Oakland Raiders. Though some assumed that the Raiders would not want Culpepper if they were to draft JaMarcus Russell, we reported before the draft that it's not an either-or proposition, and that the Raiders could draft Russell and sign Culpepper.

Their interest in Culpepper, however, will decrease the longer that Culpepper remains the property of the Dolphins.

The real problem here is that Culpepper's renegotiated contract with the Fins, which was negotiated by Culpepper himself, did not include a roster bonus or an option bonus that would have forced the Fins to pay him a nice chunk of money or cut him loose in March or April or May or June. So now the Dolphins can keep him around until the eve of the start of the regular season, and dump him at a time when it would be far too late to land somewhere else and earn a real chance to win the starting job for 2007.

!Papacrunk!
05-26-2007, 04:37 PM
competition is good, plus it gives people the opportunity to scream like a little girl "quarterback controversy!"

The real problem here is that Culpepper's renegotiated contract with the Fins, which was negotiated by Culpepper himself, did not include a roster bonus or an option bonus that would have forced the Fins to pay him a nice chunk of money or cut him loose in March or April or May or June. So now the Dolphins can keep him around until the eve of the start of the regular season, and dump him at a time when it would be far too late to land somewhere else and earn a real chance to win the starting job for 2007.

it's little spots like this that makes his contract not the horrible monster that some have made it out to be ( a bit of conjecture by me, but you get the point)

Carlton Bailey
05-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Can we all agree that both are way past their primes and are terrible? Miami isn't going anywhere; just play Beck.

Mr. Miyagi
05-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Miami is as much of Harrington and Lemon's team as Culpepper's, who started only 4 games.

jamze132
05-27-2007, 09:54 AM
So I wonder how long it will take some tool on this board to suggest that we get Culpepper after Miami releases him.

BillsFanInNM
05-27-2007, 10:08 AM
So I wonder how long it will take some tool on this board to suggest that we get Culpepper after Miami releases him.

hey, maybe we should look at Culpepper after he's cut, I mean the stadium can always use another janitor, right? lol