PDA

View Full Version : Scobey was a Bills fan growing up in Oklahoma

G. Host
05-26-2007, 07:55 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buffaloerie/story/83597.html
Scobey, 27, was a Bills fan growing up in Oklahoma City, Okla.

“I used to really like the Bills back in the day because Thurman Thomas was from Oklahoma [State],” Scobey said. “I was really a Bills fan. I watched every Super Bowl. . . . I didn’t really reflect on it until I walked into the stadium here on Monday. I’m like, wow, this is the stadium where they played the Comeback Game and where the snow would be piled up and where Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas and Cornelius Bennett played. I was a fan of that team.”

Unfortunately the last dream come true for a Bills fan who became a Bills RB (Travis Henry) did not go very well. I hope Thurman can give this guy some advice to take to heart about playing for the team.

Scobey said San Francisco, Seattle, Arizona, Tennessee and the New York Jets were among the other teams that contacted him this spring.

I am a little suprised he was signed for a one year deal at minimum salary. If he had four teams interested in him but maybe the others got there ST players via draft. I'd hate for Bills to spend the time to spin him into their plans and have him go to a new team next year.

patmoran2006
05-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Sounds like he's going to be be a solid ST'er for us.. Thats good.

I still hope that McGee returns kicks, at least part of the time.

BillsPride12
05-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Brownie points for Scobey:up:

The Spaz
05-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Bye Shaud...

John Doe
05-27-2007, 07:37 AM
I am a little suprised he was signed for a one year deal at minimum salary. If he had four teams interested in him but maybe the others got there ST players via draft. I'd hate for Bills to spend the time to spin him into their plans and have him go to a new team next year.

If Scobey picked the Bills this year for a one year contract, then I would think that he would pick them again next year - assuming that he performs well. After all, he signed at the league minimum, so no one out there is offering him big bucks. However, there is no guarantee that he makes the team since we have a lot of good special team guys.

The signing has Bobby April's fingerprints all over it. I hope the guy does well. He looks to be an upgrade over Andre Davis on special teams, although I liked the speed that Davis brought to the wide receiver corps even though he was hardly used. On the other hand, Scoby brings speed to the running backs position although he probably will be in the same boat that Davis was (hardly used).

YardRat
05-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Sounds like he's going to be be a solid ST'er for us.. Thats good.

I still hope that McGee returns kicks, at least part of the time.

This move has McGee playing strictly defense this year written all over it.

Michael82
05-27-2007, 07:59 AM
This move has McGee playing strictly defense this year written all over it.
:ill: