PDA

View Full Version : Did not having a Jay Mckee type player cause the Sabres crash?

Mitchy moo
05-26-2007, 11:39 PM
After really thinking about it, Jay Mckee probably would of gave his arms, head and soul to stop a puck last season. He blocked the most shots of anyone in 2005 / 06 and really set the tone to try to get us all the way. I know we had some good regular season games this year but can you say you seen all the dedication to helping block shots like we had with Mckee??

It just perplexes me that the Sabres with easily the most talent on one team didn't want to come back to help block shots or take the body to assure how the play would work out. I can remember multiple times Vanek just trying to poke his stick in there to move up ice or the D-men not wanting to go down to get hurt. Drury started to show his fire but got shot in the face by his own guy, which is not a good sign.

Call me crazy but I think that a fearless soul might of spread the desire in the locker room. Besides Zubrus, did anyone really get dinged up at all either?? We lost half the team last year to injuries that happened in the line of duty, we had a pretty healthy team up until the conference finals this season and even after almost everyone could play, did anyone sacrifice anything?? Besides the fans and their wallets??? <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

camelcowboy
05-26-2007, 11:58 PM
No, Mckee can't stay healthy so i wouldn't have expected him to stay in the lineup long enought to have any effect. Ask St. Louis.

Michael82
05-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Both McKee and Grier were missed!

LABillsFan
05-27-2007, 11:28 AM
2 stand up Dman, the lack of size and the lack of crashing the boards did it.

Mitchy moo
05-27-2007, 11:46 AM
2 stand up Dman, the lack of size and the lack of crashing the boards did it.

Lack of heart? lack of sacrifice?

Typ0
05-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Both McKee and Grier were missed!

Grier was definately missed more than anyone IMO. He was clearly a guy whose play the team built off.

MTBillsFan
05-27-2007, 11:23 PM
McKee and Grier had grit. Our whole team minus Drury was missing that. Hell, Drury gets hit in the face with a puck and still comes back into the game.

LABillsFan
05-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Again with the heart thing.