• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Posluszny fits the Bills

As Paul Posluszny walked into the Buffalo Bills' locker room after practice Wednesday, he wondered aloud where he should look for a place.

The Bills' new middle linebacker has only two requirements: He wants to buy, not rent, and he wants to live near the team's training facility at Ralph Wilson Stadium....

The man didn't come here to play golf. He came to crush ball carriers - and it's hard to imagine he could have landed in an environment better-suited for his success.

Sure, Pittsburgh would have been nice. Posluszny grew up in Aliquippa and starred at Penn State and wondered, as the NFL draft neared the second round, if he might wind up in black and gold.

It wasn't to be. The Bills wanted Posluszny so badly they traded up nine spots and took him with the second pick of the second round. Former Steelers college scouting director Tom Modrak, who has the same position with the Bills, was one of the guys who pushed hard for Penn State's all-time leading tackler.

Posluszny quickly realized his good fortune. For starters, his parents have an easy four-hour drive to every home game.

"When we drove into the city and saw all the old steel mills, that was a familiar sight to me," Posluszny said. "I felt right at home with all that. You get the same feel here as you do in Western Pennsylvania. Same type of people - hard-working, blue-collar people. I'm just real comfortable here.
    "It's the perfect situation."
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Posluszny fits the Bills

At one time, I didn't care too much for Posluszny. But the more I read about him, the more I like his attitude, intelligence, and football instincts. I think by midseason, Fletcher will be a distant memory.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I'm starting to warm up to the kid, too.

Still a little concerned about the comments regarding his supposed lack of size and speed and a little leary about the injury, but I'm really rooting for him to contribute in a major way.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Poz is going to be a Buffalo Bill for life. We will all love him trust me.

Comment

• Bufftp
          Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I am confident by mid season alot of this team will be comming into their own.
          This will be a very different team in the second half of the season than it will be in the first, and Poz will be part of that.
          Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
          "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
          Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
          - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
          to be led by permanent ideals -
          that is what keeps a man patient
          when the world ignores him,
          and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

I'm really interested in how he plays. He'll be a fan favorite if he can play.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              I'm really interested in how he plays. He'll be a fan favorite if he can play.
              I agree. If he can perform anywhere near the level of the hype, football fans are going to latch on to this guy the way hockey fans have to Drury.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                Poz is going to be a Buffalo Bill for life. We will all love him trust me.
                It would be really awesome if you were right on both fronts.
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

he wants to live near the facility huh? He might as well get a house in the city and hitch a ride w/ JP since he's always there too.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                    I'm starting to warm up to the kid, too.

Still a little concerned about the comments regarding his supposed lack of size and speed and a little leary about the injury, but I'm really rooting for him to contribute in a major way.
                    He does not have a lack of speed, this is a misconception.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

Our new Defensive QB?

I like it.
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• jamesiscool
                        suck it fool.
                        • Feb 2007

having a LB in this defense with his style of play and intelligence will do nothing but help this young defense form to be a cohesive unit built on speed and intelligence.

last years draft, whitner was praised pre and post draft for his work ethic and football knowledge. this years draft, pos sounds to be much of the same.

im liking where this is headed.

altho our defense may not prove to be a top flight unit this year i do strongly believe that we will be better than last year and that next season will be the season that our defense will become a very very good unit.

but i am a little tired of saying NEXT YEAR we'll be good, but who knows. maybe im just a
                        Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

This Poz situation is not only turning out to look like the Shane Conlan pick but also like the Matt Millen pick by the raiders in the early 80's. He was picked from Penn state same skill set as Poz, he was thrown in at MLB right of the bat and was making all the calls as a rookie with the Raiders.

Comment

• John Doe
                            Florida Man
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            This Poz situation is not only turning out to look like the Shane Conlan pick but also like the Matt Millen pick by the raiders in the early 80's. He was picked from Penn state same skill set as Poz, he was thrown in at MLB right of the bat and was making all the calls as a rookie with the Raiders.
                            A case can be made that Poz is more valuable to the Bills than Patrick Willis because of his great football instincts and IQ - the reason that management wanted him so much. We really need him to go into an immediate leadership role as you said. I hope that this guy is up for it.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                              • Feb 2003

A working class Polish guy who will **** people's **** up?

How does the city NOT love this guy already?

I'm so pumped for the season. Regardless of the results of this year, I think we're on the verge of something special.
                              "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                              We are the Rockpile
                              We are the Rockpile
                              BUFF-A-LO

Comment

Working...
                              X