What could the Bills do right now to make us a playoff team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

What could the Bills do right now to make us a playoff team?

With all the arguing about Homer vs. Realist, which happens every year by the way, even the homers aren't predicting playoffs.

So what could the Bills do? Who could we sign? Who might be available? The idea that it's May and we already know we aren't a playoff team is really frustrating. Any ideas???
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: What could the Bills do right now to make us a playoff team?

birds chirping on the realist's side of the fence.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      • Sep 2002

I'd say we have done a lot this offseason to make steps towards getting us into the postseason. Our O will score points - maybe not on par with the rams of 2000 and 1999, but we will be a defensive coordinator's nightmare.

every year there's at least a couple of "tough" playoff teams (from the year before) who fall off the wagon (see Cincinatti last year), and there's always at least a couple of teams who come from nowhere to make the playoffs - see the bears from three seasons ago to two seasons ago (when they lost to Carolina at home in the playoffs).

I think it could really be our turn to make that next step, and with our schedule, we could very well be playing one or two of those teams that were supposed to make the playoffs this year, but will have fallen off.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

The best option: Take the horseshoe out of Belichick's ***, rinse it off really good and stick it in Jauron's ***.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          • Sep 2002

You mean expose the refs taking bribes from Pioli, Kraft and Bellichik, right?

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
            I'd say we have done a lot this offseason to make steps towards getting us into the postseason. Our O will score points - maybe not on par with the rams of 2000 and 1999, but we will be a defensive coordinator's nightmare.

every year there's at least a couple of "tough" playoff teams (from the year before) who fall off the wagon (see Cincinatti last year), and there's always at least a couple of teams who come from nowhere to make the playoffs - see the bears from three seasons ago to two seasons ago (when they lost to Carolina at home in the playoffs).

I think it could really be our turn to make that next step, and with our schedule, we could very well be playing one or two of those teams that were supposed to make the playoffs this year, but will have fallen off.
            What offensive weapons did the Bills add to make them a nightmare for other teams??

Comment

Originally posted by andyxc71
              The best option: Take the horseshoe out of Belichick's ***, rinse it off really good and stick it in Jauron's ***.
              LMAO

Pretty funny!

On a realistic note, what then, that would reduce the average margin of victory that the Pats have own us by from what, 18 or whatever it is to 10?

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

honestly, i think we are an elite qb away from being a playoff contender.

in the past 8 years.. i have seen plenty of teams (indy and new england) that have had average to below average defenses that made the playoffs, and actually won superbowls.. i have seen those same teams have average running backs, or average wrs corps.. good but not great olines.. the difference is coaching and qb play..

i am hoping we have both this year.. i like jp and i like jauron.. so i can hope that they are the difference.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
                  What offensive weapons did the Bills add to make them a nightmare for other teams??
                  We've had the weapons smartguy.

Now we've got the line to allow us to take advantage of them.

god you are like an ugly stepchild - what's wrong with you?

Comment

• more cowbell
                    • Apr 2006

the bills need to win
                    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

We need a game breaking RB, lets all pray Lynch is it, if not its going to be a long time till we see the post season again
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I guess I am just plain stupid, but I don't see how we're in such dire straits that we've already given up on the playoffs.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

one thing that does happen in the NFL is teams can be better at the beginning than they will be in the long run because other teams haven't gotten it together yet. In that case a team can gain a lot of momentum by winning out of the gate and beating opponents they might not have the talent to beat later in the season. You never know what's going to happen...

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                            We've had the weapons smartguy.
                            That's debateable, I think the Bills still need a another WR, TE and a Fullback who blokcs well and opens holes wouldn't hurt.

Now we've got the line to allow us to take advantage of them.
                            I guess anytime the Bills add or lose a player it's always a guarantee it's an instant improvement before they even play a down. Sure!!!

god you are like an ugly stepchild - what's wrong with you?
                            And you're like the ******ed son who's not allowed out of the basement because when you get out, everyone fears you'll rape their farm animals...sorta expalins your lack of knowledge.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                              • Feb 2005

FTP...
                              You come to a Bills message board.
                              You minimalize all things concerning Bills.
                              You amplify all things concerning phags.
                              You imply we Bills fans are biased.

What is hypocrite Alex?

Comment

Working...
                              X