PDA

View Full Version : The Real Ron Mexico...

Mr. Pink
05-27-2007, 11:39 AM
"Our confidential source says he's been involved in dog fighting for over 30 years. He's trained and fought -- by his estimation -- around 2,000 pit bulls and was poised to tell "Outside the Lines" about the time in 2000 when his dog squared off against a dog owned by someone he referred to as one of the "heavyweights" of the dog fighting world: Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=atl) quarterback Michael Vick (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5448)."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2884063

If indeed this story has any merits, Mr. Vick should be having a nice vacation given to him by Mr. Goodell.

Mitchy moo
05-27-2007, 11:48 AM
I just read the whole thing & thought to myself my god why would Vick want to do this, for thrills??

ublinkwescore
05-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Dogfighting should be illegal.

Just because a certain dog's got a genetic disposition to want to kill any dog in front of it doesn't make it right.

My pit-bull flips out at the sight of other pit bulls, but he gets along with non-pitbulls for some reason.

I wouldn't fight my dog for any amount of cash.

ublinkwescore
05-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Vick is a piece of $#!t.

Tatonka
05-27-2007, 11:56 AM
he is so F'ed in the A

ublinkwescore
05-27-2007, 12:00 PM
No he's not, he'll start paying the witnesses off one by one to "forget what they saw".

Meathead
05-27-2007, 12:06 PM
I wouldn't fight my dog for any amount of cash.
ill bet you ten bucks you could take him

ublinkwescore
05-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I know I could because I've established dominance over him.

Dogs are pack animals...

I love my dog - he's actually the least destructive dog I've ever owned - I've owned a Doberman, a Rottweiler, and some mutts.

Unfortunately, he's not the sharpest dog - that would go to the doberman or the rottweiler I think.

Michael82
05-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Dogfighting should be illegal.

I always thought it was..... :scratch:

Jan Reimers
05-27-2007, 02:32 PM
I always thought it was..... :scratch:
According to the article, dog fighting is a felony in every state except Wyoming and Idaho. So unless he fought his dogs in those two states - which I seriously doubt - he is guilty of serious criminal activity.

If the allegations about Vick are true, he should be banned from the NFL for life. He is a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Illmatic15
05-27-2007, 02:54 PM
then hhunting deers should be illigeal to, howocme they dont arrest hunters and ****!! get of vicks jock ...

Jan Reimers
05-27-2007, 04:05 PM
then hhunting deers should be illigeal to, howocme they dont arrest hunters and ****!! get of vicks jock ...
The point is, deer hunting is legal, and for the most part humane, even though I don't really like it.

Dog fighting is illegal, viciously cruel, and inhumane.

If you in anyway don't understand that, or condone Vick's actions, I feel very sorry for you.

Buffalogic
05-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I just don't understand how there is supposedly hundreds of people at these dog fights yet no random person with a camera phone snaps a shot of Vick. If I saw a celebrity or pro athelete anywhere I, and/or hundreds of other people are at I'd probably try and get a snapshot of them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Vick has kept this pretty hush hush because he's been involved in this stuff since before he was drafted in '01 allegedly.

I'm surprised we didn't have pics of Vick and his pit bull fighting antics floating around the net years ago. All it really takes is for some starstruck fan to snap a couple pics then put it on myspace. I'm interested in seeing how this situation will play out for Vick. If I were him I'd be crapping my pants.

Throne Logic
05-27-2007, 05:41 PM
If I were him I'd be crapping my pants.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I'd bet he's not. You see, the one thing that we have definitely learned about Mike Vick (and apparently his brother) is that they clearly do not get it. "It", being the way one behaves in modern society with a basic understanding of right vs. wrong.

Vick has demonstrated time and again that he clearly doesn't understand how to behave. His actions have been constant from the time his name became known throughout the football world. From the Ron Mexico incident, to the water bottle, to the numerous other incedents that have had Falcon's coaches and ownership pleading with him to act like a decent human being. I won't even throw in the dog fighting as I try to hold onto the premise of innocent until proven guilty. He's really not a good guy.

So, back to my point. I don't believe Vick understands that he has allegedly done something wrong. Nevermind that he might actually be held accountable for these alleged actions. Therefore, complete lack of crapping in pants.

Jan Reimers
05-28-2007, 07:30 AM
I just don't understand how there is supposedly hundreds of people at these dog fights yet no random person with a camera phone snaps a shot of Vick. If I saw a celebrity or pro athelete anywhere I, and/or hundreds of other people are at I'd probably try and get a snapshot of them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Vick has kept this pretty hush hush because he's been involved in this stuff since before he was drafted in '01 allegedly.

I'm surprised we didn't have pics of Vick and his pit bull fighting antics floating around the net years ago. All it really takes is for some starstruck fan to snap a couple pics then put it on myspace. I'm interested in seeing how this situation will play out for Vick. If I were him I'd be crapping my pants.

What you don't understand is that dog fighting is not the Masters or the World Series or the Super Bowl, and it is not attended by star struck fans snapping pictures. It is vicious, illegal, and performed in barns, basements and other hidden venues by thugs, gamblers and criminals who are engaging in a serious felony.

My God, do you think it's a "sport" where silly little boys and girls go to capture their heroes for youtube and myspace?

Mitchy moo
05-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Vick is a d***.