PDA

View Full Version : Film Break Down: Langston Walker vs. KC Chiefs

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Should be starting shortly, I'll break it down like I did for Dockery.

Mr. Pink
05-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Should be starting shortly, I'll break it down like I did for Dockery.

I wouldn't watch that if I were you. You're not liable to get a favorable impression lol

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I wouldn't watch that if I were you. You're not liable to get a favorable impression lol
Well that's what some said about Dockery.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:08 PM
He'll be starting at RT.

jamesiscool
05-27-2007, 03:09 PM
He'll be starting at RT.

if he ever comes to camp.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:10 PM
First Series: (Punt)
- Too high
- Good initial surge but seems like he gives up after five yards.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Second Series (FG)
- Way too high
- Didn't even touch anyone on two plays
- Doesn't keep his shoulders square to the LOS
- No surge at all on this series
- False start penalty
- Allowed his QB to get baptized by letting a blitz come right between him and the RG, normally you are supposed to look inside out, always protect the inside.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Third Series (FG)
- Another play where he didn't even touch anyone
- Came out of the game due to a loss of a shoe
- Did very well getting to the LB on one particular play
- Good surge
- When he takes his kick step on passes he's literally skipping, this is very bad if you are going up against a fast DE like Tamba Hali, we'll see if his bad form makes his QB pay later.

Michael82
05-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Second Series (FG)
- Way too high
- Didn't even touch anyone on two plays
- Doesn't keep his shoulders square to the LOS
- No surge at all on this series
- False start penalty
- Allowed his QB to get baptized by letting a blitz come right between him and the RG, normally you are supposed to look inside out, always protect the inside.
Gee, I got warm fuzzies inside already! :ill:

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Forth Series (TD)
- Pancake, very nice surge
- Another good job of getting to the LB on a play going away from him (not easy)
- Brooks' athleticism saved him from being sacked, Walker drops back too far on his pass protection and the DE takes the inside and is right in the QB's face.
- Another great job of getting to the second level.
- His hands look pretty slow
- Easily his best series so far.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Gee, I got warm fuzzies inside already! :ill:
Just telling it like I see it.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Fifth Series (Punt)
- Came out of the game but there was no reason given by the announcers
- Really good surge, got down low and ended up blocking three guys (DT and two LB's.) If he would stay low more often maybe he would do it more.

Mitchy moo
05-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Forth Series (TD)
- Pancake, very nice surge
- Another good job of getting to the LB on a play going away from him (not easy)
- Brooks' athleticism saved him from being sacked, Walker drops back too far on his pass protection and the DE takes the inside and is right in the QB's face.
- Another great job of getting to the second level.
- His hands look pretty slow
- Easily his best series so far.

Just great.:candle:

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Sixth Series (Punt)
- Thus far only two running plays have gone to his side
- Pulled across the line, looked good, should keep his shoulders more square to the LOS though
- Allowed pressure, Brooks took off for 23 yards so it worked out well. Pressure came due to an overload blitz so there's only so much he can do in that situation.
- Didn't even touch anyone on the screen pass but Fargas really didn't give the play time to get going, he outran both Walker and the OG.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Rest of the game, nothing new to report. Going to start on Dockery vs. Cowboys. Here's the link for that game http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=123291

Carlton Bailey
05-27-2007, 04:00 PM
if he ever comes to camp.

Langston Walker is in camp. You're thinking of Darwin Walker.

Scumbag College
05-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Still, he's better than Bennie Anderson, Reyes, Carmen, and the other faceless fatbodies that the Bills have had on OL the last couple of years.

Tatonka
05-27-2007, 06:24 PM
we still overpaid.. he seems like a 4 year 10 mil guy based on his history thus far.

jamesiscool
05-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Langston Walker is in camp. You're thinking of Darwin Walker.

yea i figured that out after i posted. and called myself an idiot.

YardRat
05-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks, g8.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks, g8.
No problem, I'm going to get my hands on a couple more games not too far from now so I'll continue to do each game I get a hold of. It may not mean much to anyone who is completely convinced that he is a joke but Walker looked quite a bit better than Gallery did the majority of the game.

patmoran2006
05-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Im laughing my balls off..

This f'n clown gave up almost 11 sacks.. and he was a weaker part of the weakest OL in NFL history..

Just take your medicine, PRAY he plays well for buffalo and be done with it.. selling him NOW is impossible.. he was a straight up SCRUB.. just HOPE he plays wells for buffalo and leave it at that.

camelcowboy
05-27-2007, 11:13 PM

This f'n clown gave up almost 11 sacks.. and he was a weaker part of the weakest OL in NFL history..

Just take your medicine, PRAY he plays well for buffalo and be done with it.. selling him NOW is impossible.. he was a straight up SCRUB.. just HOPE he plays wells for buffalo and leave it at that. Signing has McNally written all over it, Good tools but his techinque is just garbage, i watched the San Diego he was destroyed. He plays real high and drops him self out of passprotection. I myself think he would be a good guard because the man can run block, but we'll see.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 11:18 PM

Just take your medicine, PRAY he plays well for buffalo and be done with it.. selling him NOW is impossible.. he was a straight up SCRUB.. just HOPE he plays wells for buffalo and leave it at that.
Well unlike some who just choose to take other people's word for it I am actually doing my own research so I thought I would share my thoughts on my findings. Problem with it? Do your own.

billsburgh
05-27-2007, 11:26 PM
thanks again for taking the time to do this. I like reading it. In your opinion, was his biggest problem technique (something that is correctable) or overall lack of talent. Another thing I thought I read a while back was the the whole offensive scheme that the raiders were using was so outdated. Did that contribute the their line's bad play?

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 11:48 PM
thanks again for taking the time to do this. I like reading it. In your opinion, was his biggest problem technique (something that is correctable) or overall lack of talent. Another thing I thought I read a while back was the the whole offensive scheme that the raiders were using was so outdated. Did that contribute the their line's bad play?
Well I'm only basing my opinion on one game so I wouldn't say it's set in stone.

But from that one game it seems like his technique just stinks, to me if he would just get lower he would do very well. The thing that sucks for us is that going from a waist bender to a knee bender is one of the hardest transitions in all of football.

The scheme was very black and white but the bad play of the RB's and QB didn't help the OL much. Aaron Brooks looked like an all-star for about a series, then the rest of the game he looked HORRIBLE. Jordan got hurt in the first quarter and Fargas came in, Fargas was not patient at all, had he slowed down a bit and allowed the play to form the OL may have looked better.

Did Walker look like a $25 million OT? No, but he looked a lot better than their $40 million OT Gallery. Granted it's not saying much but hey.

alohabillsfan
05-28-2007, 05:44 AM
The entire Raider offense was a mess alst season, it may have something to do with hiring a OC that was running a bed and breakfast!! Yes, some will look at the stats of (he gave up 11 sacks) news flash... The Raiders gave up 72 sacks last season , why? The O-line did not know what protection to run for certain plays. Anyways the NFL network also reported that Gallery most likely will be moved back to tackle and IMO their O-Line will be much better with the new coaching staff...

With all that said would you rather have a guy with great technique and avg physical skills or a guy with great physical skills and avg technique?

I think they can coach him up and will be a huge improvement on the right side! RG is the next concern?

patmoran2006
05-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Well unlike some who just choose to take other people's word for it I am actually doing my own research so I thought I would share my thoughts on my findings. Problem with it? Do your own.
ACtually, Gray.. That's a good find.. At least your taking the time to try and find some stuff for everyone to see.. That's cool

I was HAMMERED when I typed that last night. Sober now, I still think he's a fat pile on; but good look nonetheless

HHURRICANE
05-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the analysis Slayer!!

My thoughts:

1) The guy is 6'8" so getting lower is going to be a huge problem for him. He looks alot like Tony Manarich which isn't good.

2) I know that he played well at RG and when we signed him I was hoping that's where they were going to stick him. Pennington and Butler both can play RT so I'd almost rather have him at RG where we know he can play.

3) We spent alot of money on this guy so if he doesn't play, and play well, I'll be pissed. The guy looks like he doesn't have a mean streak and I though we just got rid of a pussy RT. I'm praying I'm wrong.

feldspar
05-28-2007, 12:12 PM
- Came out of the game due to a loss of a shoe

Losing a shoe never stopped my hero Rob Johnson. Losing a shoe is nothing to that man.

Seriously, I don't have the best feeling about Langston Walker.

Thanks for the effort, gr8slayer.