PDA

View Full Version : Julian Battle from Tenn.Volunteers!!

BADTHINGSMAN
03-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Inside Tennessee.com reports that the Bills were scouting Tennessee DB Julian Battle during the University's Pro Day yesterday. Battle has plenty of flexibility in that he's played both SS and CB for the Volunteers. Though it is believed that the Bills feel the 6-2 204 DB is best served as a CB as he is reported to have good one on one coverage skills. If drafted he would likely be viewed as a replacement to nickel back Chris Watson, who struggled for most of the 2002 season with the Bills then again because of his flexibility he might even be viewed as a replacement for starting FS Pierson Prioleau who also struggled at times last year. To learn more on Battle visit our NFL Draft page by clicking here . There you will find all the latest news and draft rumors concerning the Bills and writeups of prospects, including Battle, by our Draft correspondent Rob Rang of Boomers Draft.com.

Source: Inside Tennessee.com

The Spaz
03-14-2003, 11:36 PM
Some people may rip me but I have Battle as the top rated Safety! My list of the top 3 are 1 Julian Battle 2 Troy Polamalu 3 Mike Doss. Ok let me know get bashed:)! Go Bills!

BADTHINGSMAN
03-14-2003, 11:48 PM
I havent seen any of Battle but if he can play Safety and Corner could be a draft pick. Didnt see what round he would go in. Im guessing 1st-2nd round area.

Tatonka
03-15-2003, 01:54 AM
my top 3 would be mathis, hamlin, battle or holt

Panama
03-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Battle is a hard hitter who created quite a few turn-overs at Tennessee, last year he really had to step up & was about the only brightspot on a team that lost Hainsworth/Henderson, Overstreet, etc, to the draft and was wiped out by a plague of injuries to many of the starters.

colin
03-15-2003, 03:53 PM
With a way past prime Woodson doing an outsanting job still, converted CBs to S might be a new trend in the NFL.

Tweener/pure edge rushers got big after LT and DThomas, big WRs in the early 90s took off, overall smaller DLs with one (OK, sometimes 2) massive plug in the middle have gotten hot, perhaps we can be the leaders in this new tred.

Sennsai
03-15-2003, 03:57 PM
The Draft Insiders weren't too kind on the latest report on Battle at CB. Here is the clip.

Nnamdi Asomugha worked out with the cornerbacks but is really best at safety. He struggled with his backpedal and is not quick flipping is hips.

Second that for Julian Battle, who was struggling to gain ground in reverse. Battle's athleticism is apparent and would be put to best use at safety facing the quarterback

SoCalBillsFan
03-15-2003, 04:28 PM
If it is a free safety we are looking for, draft mathis!

The converted CBs turned safeties such as rod woodson that have been good have made it first as a CB. If we draft battle I like the idea of him being a nuckel back better than converting him to safety

TigerJ
03-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Mathis will probably go in round one. I don't think Buffalo will be looking to draft secondary help in round one.