I had dinner with a player personnel guy from LSU and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I had dinner with a player personnel guy from LSU and...

He loved the Lynch pick. Thought he was the best RB in the draft. Thinks Peterson will have a very short career.

Didn't have much to say about Poz but said Patrick Willis is the real deal. Said that if Buffalo had to choose between Willis and Lynch it would have been a no brainer for him. Patrick Willis. Said he got to watch him play alot and I guess they must have played him because he said he was "disruptive" and they had to account for him on every single play.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: I had dinner with a player personnel guy from LSU and...

1- I love Lynch too.
    2- AP is going to be a great RB.
    3- Still can't get over Bills brass "chuckling" when SF took Willis, and that we weren't interested in SF's offer to swap draft spots (1 spot) and take Willis.

We'll see if Bills brass is still laughing at season's end at Patrick Willis.

I think outside of Calvin Johnson and Landry he's the BEST PLAYER in the entire draft; regardless of position.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Lynch > Everyone else in the draft

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Combining Willis with Lawson, and adding Clements as a CB, has San Francisco on the quick rise, imo
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          1- I love Lynch too.
          3- Still can't get over Bills brass "chuckling" when SF took Willis, and that we weren't interested in SF's offer to swap draft spots (1 spot) and take Willis.

I think outside of Calvin Johnson and Landry he's the BEST PLAYER in the entire draft; regardless of position.
          He said for a LB to go that high it was saying something. I'm trying to remember what other players he was talking about as it was big group and I didn't know what he did until the end of the night.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Combining Willis with Lawson, and adding Clements as a CB, has San Francisco on the quick rise, imo
            Absolutely.

Patrick Willis is a future Pro Bowler. To me he's kind of like Nick Mangold last year. Can't miss with this guy. There is no bust factor, outside of injuries. He's too talented.

SF is a team to watch for. They got A LOT better on defense; and with Jason Hill and a healthy Vernon Davis (the best TE in football soon)- this team is a contender.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Yeah, San Francisco really looks like they are in good shape. They have a great head coach as well.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Good for SF. Losman finally has a legit RB that can help him out in the passing game.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

I don't want to hear about how the Bills didn't take Patrick Willis again. No offense. I'd rather have Lynch and Poz than Willis and whoever we would have picked second. In other words, I'm happy (or the closest to happy as I'm going to get).

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by feldspar
                    I don't want to hear about how the Bills didn't take Patrick Willis again. No offense. I'd rather have Lynch and Poz than Willis and whoever we would have picked second. In other words, I'm happy (or the closest to happy as I'm going to get).
                    Dude, we had the 12th pick and San Fran had the 11th. We didn't have a choice. Don't shoot the messenger. If the guy had said "Willis sucks" I would have posted that as well.

He said he liked Lynch.

Do people know how to not overreact to stuff around here?

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

They are all question marks at this point. Lynch, Peterson, Poz....Yes, even Willis and Landry, can go either way, boom or bust.

If Lynch and Poz can be even remotely close to what Thomas and Conlan were for the Bills, I don't really give a damn whether any of the other guys have a HOF career or not. They're our guys now, and I'm just rooting for them to help turn this team around.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bflojohn
                        • Aug 2005

Marshawn Lynch is replacing an elite back? Try, try again, young man!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          1- I love Lynch too.

you didnt even know who willis was until he ran a 4.3. get over it.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by concreteboy
                            Let's hope your right.

I just have a really bad feeling about Lynch and think he's going to have a very difficult time replacing an elite back like Mcgahee.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                              god it took a lot of willpower to not respond to this turd.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X