PDA

View Full Version : I had dinner with a player personnel guy from LSU and...

HHURRICANE
05-28-2007, 12:16 PM
He loved the Lynch pick. Thought he was the best RB in the draft. Thinks Peterson will have a very short career.

Didn't have much to say about Poz but said Patrick Willis is the real deal. Said that if Buffalo had to choose between Willis and Lynch it would have been a no brainer for him. Patrick Willis. Said he got to watch him play alot and I guess they must have played him because he said he was "disruptive" and they had to account for him on every single play.

patmoran2006
05-28-2007, 12:17 PM
1- I love Lynch too.
2- AP is going to be a great RB.
3- Still can't get over Bills brass "chuckling" when SF took Willis, and that we weren't interested in SF's offer to swap draft spots (1 spot) and take Willis.

We'll see if Bills brass is still laughing at season's end at Patrick Willis.

I think outside of Calvin Johnson and Landry he's the BEST PLAYER in the entire draft; regardless of position.

gr8slayer
05-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Lynch > Everyone else in the draft

DraftBoy
05-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Combining Willis with Lawson, and adding Clements as a CB, has San Francisco on the quick rise, imo

HHURRICANE
05-28-2007, 12:20 PM
1- I love Lynch too.
3- Still can't get over Bills brass "chuckling" when SF took Willis, and that we weren't interested in SF's offer to swap draft spots (1 spot) and take Willis.

I think outside of Calvin Johnson and Landry he's the BEST PLAYER in the entire draft; regardless of position.

He said for a LB to go that high it was saying something. I'm trying to remember what other players he was talking about as it was big group and I didn't know what he did until the end of the night.

patmoran2006
05-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Combining Willis with Lawson, and adding Clements as a CB, has San Francisco on the quick rise, imo
Absolutely.

Patrick Willis is a future Pro Bowler. To me he's kind of like Nick Mangold last year. Can't miss with this guy. There is no bust factor, outside of injuries. He's too talented.

SF is a team to watch for. They got A LOT better on defense; and with Jason Hill and a healthy Vernon Davis (the best TE in football soon)- this team is a contender.

HHURRICANE
05-28-2007, 12:24 PM

Yeah, San Francisco really looks like they are in good shape. They have a great head coach as well.

gr8slayer
05-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Good for SF. Losman finally has a legit RB that can help him out in the passing game.

feldspar
05-28-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't want to hear about how the Bills didn't take Patrick Willis again. No offense. I'd rather have Lynch and Poz than Willis and whoever we would have picked second. In other words, I'm happy (or the closest to happy as I'm going to get).

HHURRICANE
05-28-2007, 12:38 PM
I don't want to hear about how the Bills didn't take Patrick Willis again. No offense. I'd rather have Lynch and Poz than Willis and whoever we would have picked second. In other words, I'm happy (or the closest to happy as I'm going to get).

Dude, we had the 12th pick and San Fran had the 11th. We didn't have a choice. Don't shoot the messenger. If the guy had said "Willis sucks" I would have posted that as well.

He said he liked Lynch.

Do people know how to not overreact to stuff around here?

YardRat
05-28-2007, 01:02 PM
They are all question marks at this point. Lynch, Peterson, Poz....Yes, even Willis and Landry, can go either way, boom or bust.

If Lynch and Poz can be even remotely close to what Thomas and Conlan were for the Bills, I don't really give a damn whether any of the other guys have a HOF career or not. They're our guys now, and I'm just rooting for them to help turn this team around.

bflojohn
05-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Marshawn Lynch is replacing an elite back? Try, try again, young man!!

Tatonka
05-28-2007, 02:11 PM
1- I love Lynch too.

you didnt even know who willis was until he ran a 4.3. get over it.

camelcowboy
05-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Let's hope your right.

I just have a really bad feeling about Lynch and think he's going to have a very difficult time replacing an elite back like Mcgahee.http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/stephaniegt/ShortBus.gif

ublinkwescore
05-28-2007, 02:28 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/stephaniegt/ShortBus.gif

god it took a lot of willpower to not respond to this turd.

madness
05-28-2007, 05:02 PM

:spit:

don137
05-28-2007, 05:20 PM
I could not be happier with how the first two rounds went. We landedf a franchise back AND a solid LB... The difference between Poz and Willis is not nearly as great as Lynch and the next best RB.

gr8slayer
05-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Seriously, that's what I said too. 3/4th's of America didn't know who he was until he had a good forty time which in the grand scheme of things means dick.

Devin
05-28-2007, 06:39 PM
1- I love Lynch too.

You are on a roll lately. Agreed 100%.

patmoran2006
05-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Nope.. Never heard of him. Ever. I liked him because he had a cool first name.. or something

justasportsfan
05-28-2007, 08:08 PM

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!

raphael120
05-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I think anyone who knows dick about football knew who Willis was before the 4.3. He ran the 4.3 at his pro day, not at the combine, and I remember specifically watching for Willis because of the prospect of him being the number 1 MLB coming into the draft. He did ok at the draft, but he clocked in at 4.5 which is ok for a LB, and for all those BB.com nuthuggers, Chris Brown was talking about him way before the 4.3, so...

But I think out of the Willis/whatever RB in round 2, and Lynch/Poz...i think we got a good deal out of it. Both are hopefully top 20 talent.

Goobylal
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
The Bills didn't want Willis. If the refusal to trade-up for him with the 49'ers doesn't convince you, Marv himself said that with Lynch, Poz, and another player (Revis) still there, had Willis been available they wouldn't have taken him. He didn't say "Lynch was our pick," he flat-out said they wouldn't have taken him.

What Willis does and what Lynch does remains to be seen. But you also need to factor-in Poz, because taking Willis (if they had the chance) would have elminated both Lynch as Poz since Lynch would have been taken at 16 and the Bills would have looked elsewhere in the 2nd.

Tatonka
05-28-2007, 11:17 PM
I think anyone who knows dick about football knew who Willis was before the 4.3. He ran the 4.3 at his pro day, not at the combine, and I remember specifically watching for Willis because of the prospect of him being the number 1 MLB coming into the draft. He did ok at the draft, but he clocked in at 4.5 which is ok for a LB, and for all those BB.com nuthuggers, Chris Brown was talking about him way before the 4.3, so...

But I think out of the Willis/whatever RB in round 2, and Lynch/Poz...i think we got a good deal out of it. Both are hopefully top 20 talent.

Raphael, i was clearly exaggerating to a certain extent, but the MAJORITY of people on this board saw Willis playing one game.. maybe two, ever. myself included, and gamble on college football and watch quite a bit of it.

point is, Willis was named as the "top" linebacker after a strong senior bowl and some impressive workouts.. that put his name on the map and got us all looking and hoping.. but the simple fact is, that there is no reason to be upset about us not getting a guy that may ore may not have been what the bills needed.

on the other hand, i know for sure that i have seen at least 10 games that Pos has played in over the last two years and the guy was always a beast in every game i ever saw him in. if you were watching a Penn state game, you heard his named called repeatedly. pos is clearly a guy who can play the game, regardless of what the workout numbers say..

like someone already said.. pos is not a big enough drop off from Willis (if any at all truly) as the drop off between lynch and next running back.

Goobylal
05-28-2007, 11:23 PM
You have to remember also that with Poz, he was making a position switch (to MLB) and still recovering from his knee injury this past season. Had he been a MLB all his career like Willis, much less healthy, he would likely have been the top-rated MLB, 4.37 speed or not.

Tatonka
05-28-2007, 11:26 PM
if anyone got to see a Pos game during his junior year.. well, all i can say is, you would be extremely excited.