PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams Is Getting Second Thoughts Possibly and May Look Elsewhere

Brian H
03-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Bills | Adams May Look Elsewhere if Deal Doesn’t Come - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
19:16 PT: Updating ongoing reports, ESPN.com’s Len Pasquarelli reports free agent DT Sam Adams (Raiders) wants to sign with the Buffalo Bills. However, if a deal isn’t completed in the next week or so, Adams may begin to start looking towards other options. Because Adams waited so long before finding a team a year ago, he cost himself money because the free agent market was dried up. Thus, he likely won’t look to do the same again this year.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 10:09 PM
this is to pressure the the bills into a contract.. it should work.

Brian H
03-14-2003, 10:10 PM
I hope So !

The Spaz
03-14-2003, 11:33 PM
Oh well "to the Draftmobile TD".:)! Go Bills!

JJamezz
03-15-2003, 12:45 AM
Yeah, TD loves ultimatums... Good move Sam...

:evil:

Tatonka
03-15-2003, 01:53 AM
we can joke about it.. but it could be a serious mistake to not lock this guy down.. he wants to be here.. and seems motivated to play next to pat.. it really could be an awesome duo

venis2k1
03-15-2003, 02:10 AM
I couldnt agree more T.

BLeonard
03-15-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
we can joke about it.. but it could be a serious mistake to not lock this guy down.. he wants to be here.. and seems motivated to play next to pat.. it really could be an awesome duo

I agree in principle... Adams would benefit the team greatly... But...

Wasn't it just a little over a week ago, when Adams said he "wanted to return to Seattle?" If that's true, why isn't he seeking a deal with them?? Could it possibly be that his contract demands are too high, and the Seahawks told him to get lost?

While I agree that getting Adams in here would be a great move, we have no idea what kind of money he is wanting. If he really "wants to be here," perhaps he shouldn't be so concerned with the dollars and cents... In a world where he's getting paid millions to play a game, is it really worth it to him to go to a place that's not going to win (like Seattle) for a few dollars more?? And, don't give me that "Take care of his family" or "Fair market value" crap. While millions of people on this planet are having a hard time making ends meet, getting a job or being able to afford basic necessities, it's absurd to think that Sam Adams is going to have a hard time doing any of these, regardless of what contract he signs with what team.

Plain and simple, If Adams really wants to play here, perhaps he'll take a $4 million a year deal instead of a $5 million one. If money is his sole motivation, then perhaps he should call Daniel Snyder... Because $5 million is a low bid for Danny-Boy.

-Bill

northernbillfan
03-15-2003, 03:23 AM
The Seahawks can't afford talent like Adams.

I see Tom Donahoe, announcing that Sam Adams will be with the Buffalo Bills for 2003, on Monday morning.

shelby
03-15-2003, 04:56 AM
i still say we should go after McGlockton if Adams is being difficult.

Spaz....:spit: