PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Want Jay Riemersma And May Get Him!

Brian H
03-14-2003, 10:06 PM
"In for a visit

Spielman said the Dolphins were playing host free agent tight end Marco Battaglia on Thursday and today and are interested in former Bills tight end Jay Riemersma. Battaglia was cut after two games with Tampa Bay last season and finished the season with Pittsburgh. The Bills recently released Riemersma.

The Dolphins need a backup tight end because Jed Weaver and Desmond Clark departed as free agents. "

Page I Got It From (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolfins14mar14,0,3056091.story?coll=sfla-sports-front)

OpIv37
03-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Let them have him- Riemersma wasn't that bad but he wasn't that good either- I highly doubt that any Bills/Phins game will come down to Reimersma's performance, and what he was asking for was just not worth it. Go Campbell

BLeonard
03-15-2003, 02:32 AM
He'd come pretty expensive for a "Backup Tight End"...

-Bill

RedEyE
03-15-2003, 02:43 PM
J playing "back-up", not likely. There are too many team in need of a receiving TE for J to settle on the bench in Miami.

Doc
03-15-2003, 02:47 PM
As per other Bills-turned-Dols, he fail to make an impact and get hurt. It's karma.

Demon
03-15-2003, 05:32 PM
I heard Jay is most likey going to Denver.

superbills
03-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Wherever he goes, I hope he succeeds. I always liked the guy, but I have to agree with our decision to cut him based on his cost and usefulness in relation to Gilbride's scheme. I also think he can start somewhere, but I have a gut feeling that Sharpe will come back for one more year in Denver. I think he might land in Jacksonville where one of the pieces they're still missing is a pass catching tight end.

Typ0
03-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Riemersma seemed to have some troubles getting going especially after he had an injury. I'm going to be pissed if he goes somewhere and starts playing consistently up to his potential because then I would say we lost a lot of opportunity when we let him go and restructured the tight-end position. The way things were going I don't think we will miss him much he dropped as many balls as he caught.