X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hammertime
    • May 2005

Forget the Playoffs

Its the end of May and i finally just realized that the Bills aren't even going to get close to the playoffs. One of the reasons being that they have no stars on the team. You cannot win in the NFL without stars. Add to that the fact that Marv Levy is very very old, our head coach only had one great season, we keep drafting these players with no NFL experience, the Patriots are gods in a league of little boys, JP doesn't look like Tom Brady, the NFL hates us and is secretly out to make us lose, and ESPN likes to say mean things about us.

There really is no hope. Why do i keep looking forward to football season? To think i almost dropped a couple hundred on Sunday Ticket.

Thanks Pat, Op, concrete et al for making me see the light!
    Bruce: What time is it?
    Biscuit: Huh?
    Bruce: What time is it?
    Biscuit: Showtime?
    Bruce: (incensed) Hammertime!!
    Biscuit: Hammertime!
    Bruce: Hammertime is when you hitting that nail in a piece of wood with a hammer. You keep hitting that nail, over and over until you can no longer see the nail. You just see the wood is all splintered and what-not. That is Hammertime.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Forget the Playoffs

Im hope thats sarcasm and joking

Comment

• North_Coast
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by concreteboy
      Great posting brotha!

Unfortunately we probably won't be back in the playoff mix until at least 2009 at the earliest. But even as the pats begin to the decline, the jets will take thier place as the top dogs in the AFC East....just a hunch.

It was sarcasm, you functionally-illiterate troll!
      The Bills have only had 17 playoff years and 19 winning seasons in 47 years. 9 of those playoff years and 10 of those winning seasons -- and the 4 Super Bowl appearances -- came in the 15 years when Bill Polian and John Butler were Bills GMs ... and Ralph Wilson fired them both.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by North_Coast

Please, no personal attacks- attack the post, not the poster!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by North_Coast

the illiterate troll has his head where it is dark and smells like ****.

i'm attacking the post Dozer.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
            • May 2007

Wow, I just bought season tix today and after reading that I am now convinced that we are doomed. Is there anyway i can get a refund? We are screwed!

Comment

• raphael120
              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
              • Oct 2005

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Dozer this type of poster is what is bringing this place down.

Comment

• El Guapo
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
                  Wow, I just bought season tix today and after reading that I am now convinced that we are doomed. Is there anyway i can get a refund? We are screwed!
                  Where were you able to get seats this late? Just curious.
                  A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Eric E
                    Where were you able to get seats this late? Just curious.
                    Season tickets are available until first preseason home game and sometimes afterwards.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Hammertime
                      Its the end of May and i finally just realized that the Bills aren't even going to get close to the playoffs. One of the reasons being that they have no stars on the team. You cannot win in the NFL without stars. Add to that the fact that Marv Levy is very very old, our head coach only had one great season, we keep drafting these players with no NFL experience, the Patriots are gods in a league of little boys, JP doesn't look like Tom Brady, the NFL hates us and is secretly out to make us lose, and ESPN likes to say mean things about us.

There really is no hope. Why do i keep looking forward to football season? To think i almost dropped a couple hundred on Sunday Ticket.

Thanks Pat, Op, concrete et al for making me see the light!
                      Originally posted by seanbillsfan
                      I'm still buying Sunday Ticket. I watch all the games no matter how good or bad the team is (or at this point, no matter how good or bad the team looks). I'd get seasons if I lived closer but it's at least a 7 hour drive from here so it's tough to do more than once or twice a season.

Sorry, I don't know why the rest of you have to convince yourselves that the team is going to be good to watch the games.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• El Guapo
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by G. Host
                        Season tickets are available until first preseason home game and sometimes afterwards.
                        I was just curious what section he was able to find them in. Mine are in 116, and I can never get better ones...
                        A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Hammertime
                          making me see the light!
                          Radiating from all 5 watts of the blinking bulb. Well said, Hammertime.

Anyone that has a positive outlook is not a brain dead homer predicting double digit wins. It's knowing this admin is in year 2 of turning this around.

We still have some holes on the DL and in other areas, little question. Still, I do see this finally going in the right direction after years of smoke and mirrors with " Name " guys, who still lost for the most part. Plus there is still time to deal cheap for Vets who may be getting pushed out by high priced picks.

Not making excuses. I can see what we have. Why the self appointed Oxford candidates feel they must "enlighten" us with their endless drivel does little, other than exposing their own ignorance.

Most fans are buying tickets because they see some exciting additions and the team improving. Plus they simply enjoy the gameday experience in Orchard Park. Not because they expect 10-12 wins and a playoff team going deep.
                          Last edited by Night Train; 05-30-2007, 05:24 AM.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

This is where so many of you are full of **** and simply read what you WANT TO READ.

IF anyone bothers to read my junior journalist posts, you will see CLEARLY that I think this is a team that IS moving in the right direction. I said late last year AND ALL through this spring that with this young talent here, IF RALPH WILSON goes out next off-season and puts together a few veteran peices to go with the youth talent influx, that 2008 will be the year we are a contender.

AS far as the Bills sucking (record-wise) this year; get over yourself.. It is almost CERTAINLY going to happen.. IT would take a near miracle for Buffalo to be a .500 team or better. They have no real cornerbacks, no rush defense what-so-ever.. a ROOKIE MLB (MLB is the QB of the defense) and still no WR's outside of Evans with any consistency. The right side of the OL is still huge Question mark as well, and for all of Lynch's talent, he IS a rookie.

Offensively- give Lynch a year to learn the NFL, WRight too.
                            Defensively- NEXT year McCargo, Williams, Ellison, Whitner, Youboty and Simpson will all the third year players.. POZ wont be a rookie.

If Wilson does a couple of things right, then 2008 could be the year.. I NEVER said this wasn't taking good steps. Im simply saying, and I"ll bet anything that I'm correct that it AINT happening in 2007.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by concreteboy
                              Great posting brotha!

Unfortunately we probably won't be back in the playoff mix until at least 2009 at the earliest. But even as the pats begin to the decline, the jets will take thier place as the top dogs in the AFC East....just a hunch.

Comment

Working...
                              X