PDA

View Full Version : Fit the Bills? J.P. evolving into star QB

Don't Panic
05-30-2007, 06:03 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10202249

Losman finally has some stability. He's in the same offense for the second consecutive year -- and Steve Fairchild is back to lead it as coordinator. For any quarterback, changing systems is tough. For a young passer, the degree of difficulty is multiplied by 10.
As Losman walked from the practice field last week following one of the Bills' organized team activity days, he sounded like a comfortable veteran who seemed eager to show what he can do now that he isn't delving into a new playbook again.
"You can go out and practice with confidence," Losman said. "It's not learning all the things all over again. It's the same stuff. That makes a big difference. It's a natural maturation process when you know what you're going to be doing. I'm much more comfortable with what they want from me."

Another good article with a positive tone to it... seems the homeritis is spreading. Thank goodness!

Pinkerton Security
05-30-2007, 06:24 AM
I really cant wait to see how he plays this year. Its very exciting to think that he is getting more comfortable every day, and hopefully his comfort will lead to better decision making this year, bc thats what he struggles with most.

Don't Panic
05-30-2007, 07:01 AM
I like how they discuss the shift of emphasis to the passing game from the running game (although its hard to say it ever really was on the running game). I truly believe we will have a pretty potent attack this year. Should be one of the strong points of the team.

jamze132
05-30-2007, 07:17 AM
I don't really see how our offense could be worse this year barring any injuries. Our O-line is 10 times better than last years, Evans has another year under his belt, as do the other receivers within this offese and JP finally has some stability to work with. I think we are going to suprise some people this year.

Meathead
05-30-2007, 07:18 AM
the bills have spent the last two years instilling into jp what every nfl qb needs to know - how to read defenses, stay in the pocket, and cycle through receivers to find the safe open guy. notice theyve even done that at the expense of his mobility, favoring him to stay in the pocket even if it stifles some of his creativity

this is the season we will really see jps natural abilities emerge back into his game. now that he knows how to do the traditional stuff he can embellish plays with the ad lib style hes always had but kept in check

thats a tough thing to find in an otherwise effective qb and is going to make jp a very dangerous weapon going forward

Coach Sal
05-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Great read for any Bills fan who wants to feel a little warm and fuzzy as training camp approaches.

By the way, front page of CBS Sportsline and written by Pete Prisco. That's some good pub for JP and the Bills. Nice to see.

Earthquake Enyart
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Great read for any Bills fan who wants to feel a little warm and fuzzy as training camp approaches.

By the way, front page of CBS Sportsline and written by Pete Prisco. That's some good pub for JP and the Bills. Nice to see.
Too bad Pete Prisco is an idiot. :ill:

justasportsfan
05-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Too bad Pete Prisco is an idiot. :ill:
even idiots get it right sometimes. I'm proof :bravo:

FlyingDutchman
05-30-2007, 10:06 AM
I really cant wait to see how he plays this year. Its very exciting to think that he is getting more comfortable every day, and hopefully his comfort will lead to better decision making this year, bc thats what he struggles with most.

totally agree, I cant wait! personally I saw a different confidence in him in the second half of last year with all the decisions he made, and he was better. Now give him time with a new O line and we should have good things ahead!

Michael82
05-30-2007, 11:17 AM
That was a great article and I totally agree with it. If JP is ready to go full force...watch out! He's likely to tear up the league and not just with his passing game. I think he'll make a ton of plays with his legs too now that his training wheels are off. I can't wait to see him this year. :drool: :clap:

ublinkwescore
05-30-2007, 01:15 PM
the bills have spent the last two years instilling into jp what every nfl qb needs to know - how to read defenses, stay in the pocket, and cycle through receivers to find the safe open guy. notice theyve even done that at the expense of his mobility, favoring him to stay in the pocket even if it stifles some of his creativity

this is the season we will really see jps natural abilities emerge back into his game. now that he knows how to do the traditional stuff he can embellish plays with the ad lib style hes always had but kept in check

thats a tough thing to find in an otherwise effective qb and is going to make jp a very dangerous weapon going forward

That's exactly what I'm expecting - see Sab's sig for a quote by me.