X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Madden Curse Strikes Vince Young

NASHVILLE--When Titans quarterback Vince Young was selected by EA Sports to appear on the cover of Madden 2008, fans were concerned that he would fall victim to the infamous “Madden Curse” and suffer a season ending injury. Instead, it appears that the curse has struck Young in a totally unexpected way: by forcing him to play an entire season at full health with an incredibly sh**ty wide receiving corps.

Reporters who observed the team’s offseason workouts expressed sympathy for Young’s plight.

“Wow, talk about a curse,” said Ron Krieger of WZTV Nashville. “This is so much worse than breaking your foot or tearing a hamstring or something. This guy has to play next year with a bunch of wide receivers nobody’s ever heard of. Roydell Williams? Courtney Roby? Brandon Jones? Who the hell are these people? Do they have prior experience in the field of wide receiving? One of them actually got a pass wedged into his face mask, then ran around in circles screaming that he couldn’t see. And that guy was the captain.”
    One receiver, Courtney Roby, dropped every pass that was thrown to him during minicamp, but still remained optimistic that he would learn how to catch in time for the start of the season.

“This is kind of like on the job training,” Roby told reporters afterward. “I didn’t make any catches this week but I definitely made some strides. For instance, I’m much better at running routes now. I’m no longer just running straight down the field into the tunnel. I’m doing hook patterns and slants and curls and everything else. By the time the season starts, I’ll be able to catch the ball too, or my name isn’t Courtney…what is it again? Roby? Jesus, can’t we have one receiver on this team that’s not totally anonymous?”

More:
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Madden Curse Strikes Vince Young

I hope the Titans totally fall on their asses this year. I have nothing against Vince Young but the pro-bowl BS was ridiculous.

As far as I'm concerned, until he can justify stats as a QB and not a running back, he's just a taller Michael Vick.

Comment

• Bling
      • Jul 2004

Do they want Marty Booker?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bling
        Do they want Marty Booker?
        How did that Adewale Ogunleye for Booker/Crowder trade work out for the Dolphins?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

"One receiver, Courtney Roby, dropped every pass that was thrown to him during minicamp, but still remained optimistic that he would learn how to catch in time for the start of the season."

i seriously got funny looks reading this article at work bc i was laughing so hard, just as i do most every time i read an article from brushback.

love it

Comment

• Mad Bomber
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
            "One receiver, Courtney Roby, dropped every pass that was thrown to him during minicamp, but still remained optimistic that he would learn how to catch in time for the start of the season."

i seriously got funny looks reading this article at work bc i was laughing so hard, just as i do most every time i read an article from brushback.

love it
            ...and people have been *****ing about OUR wide receivers...

Comment

• dolphan117
              • Dec 2005

Just watch, he will start sucking now. With you know, something like a 66.7 QB rating.

Oh wait, thats what he put up last year.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                ...and people have been *****ing about OUR wide receivers...
                I am sure there are some would still trade any of our WRs other than Evans for theirs straight up.

Comment

• kybillsfan
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                  Instead, it appears that the curse has struck Young in a totally unexpected way: by forcing him to play an entire season at full health with an incredibly sh**ty wide receiving corps.
                  Thats hilarious... The Curse Lives ON......
                  "Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons." Ron Paul

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by dolphan117
                    Just watch, he will start sucking now. With you know, something like a 66.7 QB rating.

Oh wait, thats what he put up last year.

The cover wasnt about his ratings...they had know one else and they wanted to introduce stupid ability feature would could be Totally gay or actually really fun. Hard to say until get hands on the sticks.....but i love the article anyways

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                      The cover wasnt about his ratings...they had know one else and they wanted to introduce stupid ability feature would could be Totally gay or actually really fun. Hard to say until get hands on the sticks.....but i love the article anyways
                      ya, i have heard that LT, along with some others, have turned down the Madden cover boy role. I like that, but for me it'd be tough to pass up!

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        How did that Adewale Ogunleye for Booker/Crowder trade work out for the Dolphins?
                        Pretty good. Booker has been the most consistent WR we have, Crowder is a young stud in this league, and the Carter/Holliday pair has worked out well. Plus the contract Ogun commands. Has worked out great for Miami, and since Chicago was in the SB clearly it's worked for them too.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          I hope the Titans totally fall on their asses this year. I have nothing against Vince Young but the pro-bowl BS was ridiculous.

As far as I'm concerned, until he can justify stats as a QB and not a running back, he's just a taller Michael Vick.
                          I can't get on him for going to the Pro Bowl.

Half the players who get elected or chosen to go don't want to be there because they are nicked up or tired from a long playoff season

especially QBs. What healthy & willing deserving QB was left home because of his appearance?

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            especially QBs. What healthy & willing deserving QB was left home because of his appearance?

HHURRICANE believes that JP Losman's second half warranted an appearance in the Pro Bowl.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bling
                              HHURRICANE believes that JP Losman's second half warranted an appearance in the Pro Bowl.
                              I never said that I thought Losman deserved an appearance in the Pro bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X