X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Falcons To Look Into Availability Of Houston’s Matt Schaub

ATLANTA--With their starting quarterback, Michael Vick, facing a possible six-game suspension for his alleged involvement in a dog fighting ring, the Atlanta Falcons are looking to shore up their depth at the quarterback position. Tops on their wish list? Houston signal caller Matt Schaub, who would be a perfect fit for the Falcons offense. “Matt is an accurate quarterback who has knowledge of the style of offense we play,” said GM Rich McKay. “I’ve always been an admirer of his and would love it if he came to play for us. Now it’s just a matter of talking to the Texans to see if we can’t work out a deal. In a perfect world, we’d be able to get him for a couple of second round picks in next year’s draft, but nobody would be that stupid. In fact, it would probably insult their intelligence if I even made that offer.”

Link
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Falcons To Look Into Availability Of Houston’s Matt Schaub

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

LOL! Gotta love "The Brushback."

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

That right there is why they should have done everything they could to hold onto him. Dumb move to trade him when Vick is an injured moron!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

I just heard on CNN, that law officials are working on a warrant to search Vicks property where they believe more than 30 pit bull bodies are believed to be burried. The lead investigator really thinks there will be plenty of enough evidence to take it to a grand jury. He could be in a WORLD of trouble.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
            I just heard on CNN, that law officials are working on a warrant to search Vicks property where they believe more than 30 pit bull bodies are believed to be burried. The lead investigator really thinks there will be plenty of enough evidence to take it to a grand jury. He could be in a WORLD of trouble.
            WOO HOO! It couldn't happen to a better person!

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Are you serious?

I haven't heard anything about this.

Wow.

Six game suspension? Wow. If he is killing dogs, he deserves at least that plus whatever punishment the law gives him. **** him if 30 dogs are buried on his property. That's like throwing bags of kittens in the river. His reputation will be shot forever. Who is going to root for a guy like that...and this coming from a guy who gives his own fans the finger.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

I didn't know this either:

a young lady named Sonya Elliot filed a lawsuit against Vick on the claims of negligence and battery. According to Elliot, Michael Vick failed to tell her that he had the Herpes Simplex Virus before engaging in sexual intercourse. Furthermore, Vick supposedly had used an identity alias by the name of “Ron Mexico” in an attempt to avoid any possible legal problems that could occur with Ms. Elliot. This brilliantly thought up alias didn’t get Vick too far as he would eventually settle out of court with Ms. Elliot for an undisclosed amount of money. The only good thing to come out of this embarrassing fiasco was a huge increase in the number of Atlanta Falcons personalized #7 jerseys with “Mexico” on the back name-plate.

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

This Mike Vick story is like watergate or something. It just keeps getting better.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    WOO HOO! It couldn't happen to a better person!
                    I know right! It sounds like hes been involved DEEP for years. This guy stinks of class between the dog fighting, the weed bottle, and the sour dough hes got cookin up between his legs.
                    Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 05-30-2007, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
                      • Jun 2006

Awwww, pooor Mr. Vick. I don't think he'll be back for a few years. Maybe he can get on a team in the Penal league.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by feldspar
                        Are you serious?

I haven't heard anything about this.

Wow.

Six game suspension? Wow. If he is killing dogs, he deserves at least that plus whatever punishment the law gives him. **** him if 30 dogs are buried on his property. That's like throwing bags of kittens in the river. His reputation will be shot forever. Who is going to root for a guy like that...and this coming from a guy who gives his own fans the finger.
                        Yup! apparently they had the warrant already but didnt like the wording or some crap. Totally agree, he should be locked up for min of 2 years IMO. They were sayin hes been brought up in this life style and just very used to the brutality. Screw this scumbag. hes probably home right now shaking like a french soldier. Im glad these thugs who cant seem to act right are finally being exposed and dealt with.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by feldspar
                          I didn't know this either:

a young lady named Sonya Elliot filed a lawsuit against Vick on the claims of negligence and battery. According to Elliot, Michael Vick failed to tell her that he had the Herpes Simplex Virus before engaging in sexual intercourse. Furthermore, Vick supposedly had used an identity alias by the name of “Ron Mexico” in an attempt to avoid any possible legal problems that could occur with Ms. Elliot. This brilliantly thought up alias didn’t get Vick too far as he would eventually settle out of court with Ms. Elliot for an undisclosed amount of money. The only good thing to come out of this embarrassing fiasco was a huge increase in the number of Atlanta Falcons personalized #7 jerseys with “Mexico” on the back name-plate.
                          You've never heard the legend of Ron Mexico?? its a classic!

And thank god we wont have to watch this running back with a strong arm posing as a QB for a while! lets hope they give him 50-life.

we should find some way to change some of his athletic ability into brains, bc lord knows the ratio is WAY off.

Comment

• M
                            • Aug 2006

They were sayin hes been brought up in this life style and just very used to the brutality.
                            I read that too. Total BS. I don't care if he grew up with it. It's still deplorable and illegal. I hope his thug a$$ goes to jail!
                            Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bling
                              This Mike Vick story is like watergate or something. It just keeps getting better.
                              yeah it does. Especially when ESPN has to cover all this bad news for their poster boy, Vick. Although, I'm sure it doesn't bother them as much because they already found a new one in Vince Young.

Comment

Working...
                              X