X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

What options are avail. now???????

OK, let's say we need a DT, CB and WR, What options are out there and what would it take ( in terms of money or tarding draft picks)?

DT -- if Walker does not pan out, the only DT I know of that may "fit" is Jenkins from Carolina. I think that it takes at least a 3rd (BALT) and 6th (PHILLYS). Thoughts?

CB-- there could be a couple avail. Springs may get cut from Wash. Winfield may be upset with his situation in Minn (very slim). and A. Samual has been franchised in NE (no chance in hell of that happening) . I think we will aquire additional talent at the CB position prior to the season.

WR -- I would like one of our developmental players to step up and become that Colston kinds guy, #1 Evans #3 Reed #4 Parrish gee we seem to missing something! I don't care who it is what size they are as long as the get open and catch the ball!!!!

Lets see what you zoners out there come up with!
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: What options are avail. now???????

I think we will be watching the waiver wire via trade or FA for

RG- Whittle, Butler and Preston will battle it out, but Whittle is a journey man more of a depth player, Preston is inconsistent, but is valuable cause he can play anywhere in the interior, and Butler is trying to make the switch from T, so no true starting RG

WR- i dont care what the Bills Brass say if a Vet with some size and success were to be cut or made available by June 1st i think the Bills will be looking at him, that is the only thing we r lacking in that area

CB- i think Webster gave us the depth and vet leadership we needed there at least to get us thru till next years draft, but whos to say Youboty wont be something special.

DT- i think we stand put no matter what Walker does, still got Sam Rayburn out there as well
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

At this point of the offseason IM not sure there really are any viable options.

THey have to get the most out of the season they can; and then next offseason really make a splash at those positions via FA and the draft.

Then.. they could be a legit contender.

The Bills arent that far away in talent. Another year in experience I think, and 2-3 more impact players

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

If Walker doesn't come in and play, we will have given away Takeo for nothing.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

He'll be here it's just a matter of when.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz

I agree with ya Spaz, I believe he will be here, negotiations are on going (which means the FO is working it) He will be here for training camp.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Is Walker really that much better than Triplett? Or Williams?

If we dont get it done, we get a 6th rounder back. I really think I'd almost rather have a 6th rounder, although i guess it is tough to find starting-calibur players that late. Still, its not like we're built to win now! So why not just let him go back to Philly and hope we can find someone with that pick next year?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

I dont see this roster changing at all this summer with the exception of maybe a couple of really LOW profile FA's or cut victims.

AT WR the most talented guy still out there is Antonio Bryant, but he's a career clubhouse problem and although he's much more talented than PRice or Reed, dont see anyway the Bills would sign him.

I still think the Bills are going to sign a LB from some team to at least come in and give them some proven depth. They have NONE right now.

For better or worse, I think we're set with our CB's after inking WEbster, and if they're not signing Walker to an extension, they better sign Rayburn.

Comment

• bflojohn
                  • Aug 2005

Two possibilities to me.... IF the Bills were to dabble in the Kris Jenkins derby, the idea here is that one position would likely strengthen the other! A better "push" upfront from the DT's would suggest that the CB position COULD stand pat. However, the wildcard option is trading for Jenkins and following that up with Paul Oliver from Georgia in the Supplemental draft. There, I'm done!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by bflojohn
                    Two possibilities to me.... IF the Bills were to dabble in the Kris Jenkins derby, the idea here is that one position would likely strengthen the other! A better "push" upfront from the DT's would suggest that the CB position COULD stand pat. However, the wildcard option is trading for Jenkins and following that up with Paul Oliver from Georgia in the Supplemental draft. There, I'm done!!
                    Id love for both of those scenarios to happen. and Oliver is a possibility, that I'd be real happy with- although I admittedly have only read about him and havent really seen him play.

But Jenkins is out. WOuld cost a lot in draft picks to get him, and more importantly, Wilson aint going over "cash to cap" to sign him regardless.

That's the downfall of "cash to cap".. Once Wilson spends HIS (not the league, his) budget, it's a done deal.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      Id love for both of those scenarios to happen. and Oliver is a possibility, that I'd be real happy with- although I admittedly have only read about him and havent really seen him play.

But Jenkins is out. WOuld cost a lot in draft picks to get him, and more importantly, Wilson aint going over "cash to cap" to sign him regardless.

That's the downfall of "cash to cap".. Once Wilson spends HIS (not the league, his) budget, it's a done deal.

1) Where exactly do we stand in "cash to the cap" ?
                      2) Define "alot of draft picks"?

Comment

• seanbillsfan
                        • May 2007

we were gonna cut him anyway

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Here let me save you from the responses:

"He wanted out so getting a 6th and 7th rounder for him is better than nothing."

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
                            we were gonna cut him anyway
                            I guess I didn't save Myagi fast enough.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              I'm not feeling it. Quite frankly the Clements debacle has me somewhat concerned in the FO's ability to handle issues like this.

People just don't want to admit that we GOT NOTHING FOR CLEMENTS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X