X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gil
    • Mar 2005

Walker's Rights Can Go Back to the Eagles

I had no idea that this could happen - it would seem to me that he would do this if he truly has this option available to him:

WALKER CHOICE I HADN'T THOUGHT OF: In going over the possible options that Darwin Walker has in his contract squabble, I admit I never thought about him waiting for his rights to revert back to the Eagles in the hopes that they cut him. If he's as resolute as some fear he is about getting paid more money then he'll likely hold out past the Aug. 5 deadline so his rights revert back to the Eagles and hope they just release him. That would make him a free agent and he could negotiate a new contract with whatever team might be interested. There's always a market for quality defensive tackles. The Bills are protected as I mentioned in the form of a 6th round pick.
    Worst case at least we still get a pick, but what a turn of events that would be.

• madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Walker's Rights Can Go Back to the Eagles

Anybody know what the cap hit(if any) was if we released Spikes and Holcomb outright?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The deal was Spikes and Holcomb for Walker and a 6th. How exactly are we protected if the rights to Walker just reverted back to the Eagles and we're left with nothing but a 6th?

If it boils down to Takeo for a 6th, we got ripped off.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        The deal was Spikes and Holcomb for Walker and a 6th. How exactly are we protected if the rights to Walker just reverted back to the Eagles and we're left with nothing but a 6th?

If it boils down to Takeo for a 6th, we got ripped off.
        6th and 7th.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
          6th and 7th.
          Nothing conditional at all?

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            Nothing conditional at all?
            the 6th is conditional. If Walker doesn't sign with the Bills...we get that pick and the 7th. If he does...we get Walker and a 7th.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by madness
              Anybody know what the cap hit(if any) was if we released Spikes and Holcomb outright?
              The same as trading them. The only difference is if the Bills decided to designate them as post-June 1 cuts (which they can do and still release them right away), in which case they can spread the cap hit over 2 seasons.

Comment

• raphael120
                Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                • Oct 2005

Don't forget, Holcomb actually brought down the value of the trade, so thats why we only got the 6th and 7th. If it was just for Spikes, we couldve got at least a fourth!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                  Don't forget, Holcomb actually brought down the value of the trade, so thats why we only got the 6th and 7th. If it was just for Spikes, we couldve got at least a fourth!
                  Holcomb was a throw-in, from the Eagles.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

He goes back to the eagles and we'll use that 6th + Tim Anderson and cap space to grab Jenkins. Problem solved.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                      The same as trading them. The only difference is if the Bills decided to designate them as post-June 1 cuts (which they can do and still release them right away), in which case they can spread the cap hit over 2 seasons.
                      how do you figure? If you trade someone, don't you also trade their contracts to the new team? If the Bills cut them outright, I believe they would only be responsible for any amortized signing bonuses.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kybillsfan
                        • Apr 2007

We need Walker. Make him happy as long as its reasonable and get him in here. Surely Marv and company knew he wanted a bigger contract so take care of it, unless like I said its unreasonable.
                        "Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons." Ron Paul

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          how do you figure? If you trade someone, don't you also trade their contracts to the new team? If the Bills cut them outright, I believe they would only be responsible for any amortized signing bonuses.
                          You trade their salary, you still eat the signing bonus.
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I'm so prepared for this guy not becoming a Bill which will totally suck.

Maybe we can draft another Iya-got-deja-vu in the 6th round of the 2008 draft.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Honestly if he wants to be a **** then I say let his fat ass go. The last thing we need with a team this young is to have a ***** for a veteran setting a bad example for the youth. One person doesn't make a team, we will still go on without him.

Comment

Working...
                              X