PDA

View Full Version : NFL live is the worst show on TV

more cowbell
05-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Everytime i've turned on this show in the last two weeks the only topic they talk about is Trent Green possibly being traded to Miami. If they aren't talking about it's about Daunte Cullpepper. And today I turned it on...after they talked about Green/Culpepper for 80% of the entire show they talked about Tom Brady becoming a father...and they compared him to Kolbe Bryant because he is the best player in the NFL. Yes I hate Tom Brady but i do realize he is one of the best in the NFL...but WHY would you compare this guy to Kolbe Bryant...this show is an embarassment to the NFL and definetaly keeps up the stellar image ESPN already has

HAMMER
05-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Who's Kolbe Bryant?

cocamide
05-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, at least when they talk about Culpepper they always show the Bills kicking his butt down in Miami.

Jan Reimers
05-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Who's Kolbe Bryant?
Kobie's evil twin.

cocamide
05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Kobie's evil twin.

Almost there: Kobe

feldspar
05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
They always talk about just a few different things:

Favre...should he retire...will he retire...what will all this mean to Favre and the Packers?

T.O. - and more T.O. - Eli Manning... used to be Bill Cowher and Bill Parcells...you'd think they'd have to find some more mindless topics since these guys are gone...even though they are gone, we will probably hear more speculation as to whether not these two will return to coaching than any talk of the Bills whatsoever

etc, etc, blah, blah, blah

Sometimes it seems like they talk about which players are in trouble more than they talk about the game itself.

Not only do they pick about 10 topics (none of which are very interesting) and endlessly revolve around them, but they are never on when they say they will be. If they say they are going to be on at 4:00, they might start at 4:15, leaving me to yank my chain for 15 minutes. I always like it when they actually interrupt the show to go to Sportscenter and talk about other sports, and then come back to NFL Live again.

I hate that show, and yet I watch it. Trying to get my football fix...

more cowbell
05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Kolbe Bryant...shows how much I know about the NBA huh?

lordofgun
05-30-2007, 04:17 PM
I like NFL Live.

Bling
05-30-2007, 04:22 PM
You guys got anything else to contribute this time of year? Really? Like what? Marshawn Lynch cut his hair?

This whole Culpepper-Green thing has to be annoying for you guys, I realize that. But it's friggin May 30 in the football calendar. NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT! Maybe there'll be a little buzz in 2 days. Then it's nothing till training camp.

losman420
05-30-2007, 04:34 PM
I absolutely hate NFL live, though i am obsessed with watching it, because I like to know how much there not gonna talk about buffalo, I waited a whole week for them to get to the AFC East when they did there 8 divisions in 8 days preview , just so I could hear about them talk about the Pats and the Jets, not one word about buffalo except in the end to mention the Bills have not won a AFC East title since 1995.

losman420
05-30-2007, 04:40 PM
They always talk about just a few different things:

Favre...should he retire...will he retire...what will all this mean to Favre and the Packers?

T.O. - and more T.O. - Eli Manning... used to be Bill Cowher and Bill Parcells...you'd think they'd have to find some more mindless topics since these guys are gone...even though they are gone, we will probably hear more speculation as to whether not these two will return to coaching than any talk of the Bills whatsoever

etc, etc, blah, blah, blah

Sometimes it seems like they talk about which players are in trouble more than they talk about the game itself.

Not only do they pick about 10 topics (none of which are very interesting) and endlessly revolve around them, but they are never on when they say they will be. If they say they are going to be on at 4:00, they might start at 4:15, leaving me to yank my chain for 15 minutes. I always like it when they actually interrupt the show to go to Sportscenter and talk about other sports, and then come back to NFL Live again.

I hate that show, and yet I watch it. Trying to get my football fix...yeah i agree 100%, I record it on dvr so its especially annoying to get home from work in the morning and turn it on only to see the world series of poker or the national spelling bee, then I fast forward so i can catch the first 5 minutes before it stopped recording..

feldspar
05-30-2007, 04:44 PM
You guys got anything else to contribute this time of year? Really? Like what? Marshawn Lynch cut his hair?

This whole Culpepper-Green thing has to be annoying for you guys, I realize that. But it's friggin May 30 in the football calendar. NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT! Maybe there'll be a little buzz in 2 days. Then it's nothing till training camp.

Are you kidding me? 32 teams, 32 coaching staffs, 32 GMs, 32 plans for 2007, about 2500 players (at this point before the cuts...is that accurate?). C'mon. There is plenty to talk about. People manage to talk about their team every single day for longer than NFL Live lasts. That's 1/32 of the league.

NFL Live should pick a different team to critique every day. If they can't find 24 minutes of solid material on each team, then they truely are terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. This way, maybe we can actually learn something about what is happening with each NFL team instead of hype and talk with no substance. If I were in charge of ESPN, that is what I would do. Also, I would fire Salisbury. lol. Anyway, there is a HUGE market for football; it's America's sport and they don't talk enough about it by a long shot, and when they do, it's always a disappointment.

Scumbag College
05-30-2007, 05:19 PM
I get all of my football news from Billszone.com

lordofgun
05-30-2007, 05:20 PM
NFL Total Access is WAY worse. If I want to listen to subpar athletes get interviewed for an hour straight, I'll listen to Brian H's podcast.

FlyingDutchman
05-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Aint much to talk about this time of year. I just love watching Salisbury and Clayton in their awkward bickeiring at each other like they used to be married or something.

mayotm
05-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Everytime i've turned on this show in the last two weeks the only topic they talk about is Trent Green possibly being traded to Miami. If they aren't talking about it's about Daunte Cullpepper. And today I turned it on...after they talked about Green/Culpepper for 80% of the entire show they talked about Tom Brady becoming a father...and they compared him to Kolbe Bryant because he is the best player in the NFL. Yes I hate Tom Brady but i do realize he is one of the best in the NFL...but WHY would you compare this guy to Kolbe Bryant...this show is an embarassment to the NFL and definetaly keeps up the stellar image ESPN already hasBoy, that's almost refreshing for NFL Live. You mean they failed to report how many times TO has taken a crap this week?

patmoran2006
05-30-2007, 06:08 PM
If you want the best football news and talk.

Forget TV.. Listen to Sirius radio or one of the big Blog-site Podcasts.. Those are far and away better.

Mad Bomber
05-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Almost there: Kobe
Actually, they're evil triplets....Kolbe, Kobie, and Kobe.

Kobe's the one who bones young hotel employees.

HAMMER
05-30-2007, 07:05 PM
They just need to put NFL Live to rest until training camps fire up, it is beyond boring now.

LtFinFan66
05-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Everytime i've turned on this show in the last two weeks the only topic they talk about is Trent Green possibly being traded to Miami. If they aren't talking about it's about Daunte Cullpepper. And today I turned it on...after they talked about Green/Culpepper for 80% of the entire show they talked about Tom Brady becoming a father...and they compared him to Kolbe Bryant because he is the best player in the NFL. Yes I hate Tom Brady but i do realize he is one of the best in the NFL...but WHY would you compare this guy to Kolbe Bryant...this show is an embarassment to the NFL and definetaly keeps up the stellar image ESPN already hasThere are definitely worse! Many, many worse!

dolphan117
05-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Lets put it this way. I am a Dolphins fan, and I am sick and tired of the Trent Green talk, if the deal goes down fine, or if you have some truly new info on the situation fine. Otherwise its just getting old............. Which is I guess my way of saying a frickin hate the off-season.

But there are still worse shows on TV. The new caveman show that's rolling out has a strong shot at that award.

feldspar
05-30-2007, 09:52 PM
But there are still worse shows on TV. The new caveman show that's rolling out has a strong shot at that award.

I totally agree with you there. I am already so sick of those caveman commercials that I want to slit my wrists every time I see one. It seems like they're on like 3 times for every show I watch. "So easy a caveman can do it." ha ha ha. Never gets old. The first commercial was mildly entertaining, the one where he says "that is so condescending." Then they had to air it 50 billion times and make 50 million spin-offs of the same damn joke. I hate it.