PDA

View Full Version : A Semi Shocking Revelation To Come?

patmoran2006
05-30-2007, 06:05 PM
I had my usual periodic conversation with my Bills buddy this afternoon. 99% of was nothing really worth discussing here, other than the stuff that's already discussed here like 5-10 times per day. Marv is in discussions with Walkers agent, Schobel isnt unhappy, Everybody looks "Super" so far at OTA's, blahblahblah.

But there was one comment that really struck me- check this out.

I was told. "Don't be the least bit surprised if Jemalle Cornelius makes this team and Peerless Price is the odd man out".

Hmmm. I hadnt heard that anywhere before. (sarcasm)

The Spaz
05-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Umm doubt it.

patmoran2006
05-30-2007, 06:08 PM
I could see Price getting cut if he gets beat out for a starter role.

$2.55 mill.. is a lot of money for a non-starting WR.. I THINK the Bills would save around 900K if they cut him NOT that they need to make ANY more decisions made on finances.

I think the statement that was made was more of a compliment on how good they think Cornelius is rather than an idictment against PRice.

I think Reed is the only one who can legitimiately beat our Price for a starting spot, which would be real sad to have Josh Reed as a 2

Dr. Lecter
05-30-2007, 06:09 PM
I like Cornelius' potential. I am not sure about him taking Price's spot, and Reed showed he is much better as a #3 and I am not sure about Parrish being fulltime.

Lexwhat
05-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm no nuthugger.

The Spaz
05-30-2007, 06:10 PM
I can see him replacing Aiken or Wilson but not Price.

Dr. Lecter
05-30-2007, 06:11 PM
I could see Price getting cut if he gets beat out for a starter role.

But who would start ahead of him?

LtFinFan66
05-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Ok

patmoran2006
05-30-2007, 06:13 PM
But who would start ahead of him?
id assume Reed.... I cant imagine an undrafted FA being a starter as a ROOKIE, though Colston was only a 7th rounder last year and was the best rookie in the NFL.

HHURRICANE
05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
After Evans I'm not sure anybody's job is secure or invaluable.

patmoran2006
05-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Cornelius is only 5-10... damn. He's short too.

seanbillsfan
05-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Price is as good as gone, he had 1 fluke year and all of the sudden he' s Jerry bleeping Rice but hasnt done anything in 6 years. Reed makes the big bucks, Parrish was the high draft pick, there is your #2 and #3 recievers folks

Dr. Lecter
05-30-2007, 06:17 PM
id assume Reed.... I cant imagine an undrafted FA being a starter as a ROOKIE, though Colston was only a 7th rounder last year and was the best rookie in the NFL.

We tried Reed once as a starter and it sucked.

I like him as a #3. But not starting.

patmoran2006
05-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Price did make two HUGE plays last year; the catch to get the win vs Houston and the play against the Vikes where he refused to go down and scored a TD.

But outside of that, he was inconsistent and sometimes flat out nonexistant.

He averaged only 8.2 YPC last year, worst in the NFL among starters and worst in the NFL over the past four years.

His job is HARDLY safe. I'd have no problem with him getting cut, I dont think he's ever going to EXPLODE again and put up huge numbers.

I know very little about Cornelius other than what Im told.. I'm told he's a VERY good route runner and he has good hands and is elusive.

I think for Price he either holds on to the starter's job, or he may be a surprise cut.

patmoran2006
05-30-2007, 06:20 PM
We tried Reed once as a starter and it sucked.

I like him as a #3. But not starting.
I'd like him better wearing another team's uniform. .. But he's the guy this franchise will NEVER give up on.

Oh well.

Wr is a HIGH PRIORITY next year I can tell you that.

I wish Antonio Bryant wasnt such an ******* because his talent would be great for this team right now.

Dr. Lecter
05-30-2007, 06:22 PM
I am willing to see what Price can do this year with a RB and/or a TE being able to go out on patterns and JP being able to audible. I don't see him exploding, but I do expect better numbers.

patmoran2006
05-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Price is going to be 31 in October.

Doesnt that make him like a Fossil on this team?

John Doe
05-30-2007, 06:28 PM
I was told. "Don't be the least bit surprised if Jemalle Cornelius makes this team and Peerless Price is the odd man out".
(sarcasm)

I think that he was pulling your leg while you were hugging his nuts.

Dr. Lecter
05-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Nobody is a fossil with Ralph and Marv in charge.

The Spaz
05-30-2007, 06:29 PM
By the early reports that Morgan guy seems to be doing quite well.

Dr. Lecter
05-30-2007, 06:31 PM
I think that he was pulling your leg while you were hugging his nuts.

C'mon.

People ask Pat not to ***** and be a "Negative Nancy" (incessantly).

He starts a legit thread for discussion and gets this reaction.

This is an example of the BS that is hurting this forum. Pat can tell you we have asked him to cool it, but it is a two way street. People need to cool it against him as well.

John Doe
05-30-2007, 06:33 PM
C'mon.

People ask Pat not to ***** and be a "Negative Nancy" (incessantly).

He starts a legit thread for discussion and gets this reaction.

This is an example of the BS that is hurting this forum. Pat can tell you we have asked him to cool it, but it is a two way street. People need to cool it against him as well.

I thought I'd share with all you nuthuggers for thoughts.

HHURRICANE
05-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Obviously with the improved line, second year scheme, and potentially improved running game, the excuses for both the TEs and WRs are over.

We'll know who sucks by the end of the season for sure.

Mad Bomber
05-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Cornelius is only 5-10... damn. He's short too. Damn!!!! I was hoping you were gonna say he's 6'4", runs a 3.9 40 yd dash, runs superior routes, has outstanding hands, and has a 60" vertical leap. I'm crushed.
:D

HAMMER
05-30-2007, 07:02 PM
His scouting report raves about his leadership, hands, and route running, but a 4.6 is a tad slow for a wide out. I hope he works out well, thanks for the info JJ.

eyedog
05-30-2007, 07:27 PM
I would actually be suprised if Price makes the team coming into the season. makes way to much money, did next to nothing last year, and unless he has a very good pre-season he is a goner imo.

evol4276
05-30-2007, 08:08 PM
how do u guys feel about brown? all i know is that he is over 6' which is what we need, and was a really good college reciever. id really like to see him put things together and earn a spot on the roster, since we culd use him the most out of any of the rookie recievers right now

Philagape
05-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Price is a one-year wonder. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

YardRat
05-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Obviously with the improved line, second year scheme, and potentially improved running game, the excuses for both the TEs and WRs are over.

We'll know who sucks by the end of the season for sure.

Same goes for the QB.

I think Price will start in the #2 slot at the beginning of the season.

Goobylal
05-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Cornelius is closer to 5'11". And he ran a 4.42 at his pro day, which may or may not mean anything.

Actually the news that Cornelius might make the team isn't surprising. That they'd cut Price is a "I'll wait on that one."

TigerJ
05-30-2007, 09:15 PM
It would not completely shock me. Cornelius has had some good workouts and some bad ones. Generally, he's regarded as pretty fast, and no real negatives besides the fact that he's a little on the short side. But then that means he's about average for a Bills receiver.

BillsFever21
06-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Keep waiting one more season to see what obviously crappy players, coaches or GM's will do is why this team hasn't won a playoff came in 11 years.

Price has had 1 good season in his career and we were lucky to hit the jackpot from it and get a 1st round pick out him. He hasn't done a thing since that magical season between 3 different teams in 4 seasons.

This is a bad era in the NFL today when a proven bum like Peerless Price can get about 7 million dollars for two seasons when there was only 1 team that was interested in him.

He won't help this team out one bit. We have been on a money saving project enough this season and cutting corners anyway we can and if we can save another 1 million dollars by getting rid of this guy then do it. Reed can be the #2 and then we can give Parrish his first real chance to be a speedy #3 WR. The million dollars we save by getting rid of this bum can go towards the money we need to give Darwin Walker.

jamze132
06-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Price did make two HUGE plays last year; the catch to get the win vs Houston and the play against the Vikes where he refused to go down and scored a TD.

But outside of that, he was inconsistent and sometimes flat out nonexistant.

He averaged only 8.2 YPC last year, worst in the NFL among starters and worst in the NFL over the past four years.

His job is HARDLY safe. I'd have no problem with him getting cut, I dont think he's ever going to EXPLODE again and put up huge numbers.

I know very little about Cornelius other than what Im told.. I'm told he's a VERY good route runner and he has good hands and is elusive.

I think for Price he either holds on to the starter's job, or he may be a surprise cut.
Being a Gator fan, I was lucky enough to watch him play a lot, and he was REALLY overshadowed by Baker. He is a good one, maybe a bit better thanb Roscoe Parrish.