X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Jeff George to meet with Vikings this weekend

Jeff George will visit Winter Park this weekend to meet with the Minnesota Vikings.

George, who led the Vikings to the playoffs in 1999 but was unable to come to a contract agreement the following offseason, will meet with coaches about the backup quarterback position, the Star Tribune reported on its Web site Friday night.

George confirmed to ESPN.com that he will fly to Minneapolis on Sunday afternoon for a visit that is expected to last through Monday afternoon.

"I'm excited about seeing (head coach) Mike Tice again," said George. "He was the (offensive) line coach when I was there before and he's a good guy. At this point in my career, I can accept being a backup, because having a chance to win a Super Bowl is a lot more important to me than any individual stuff. That's my goal, to be on a Super Bowl team, whatever my role."

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • EM Bills Fan 80
    Let's Go Buffalo!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Jeff George to meet with Vikings this weekend

Originally posted by The_Philster
    At this point in my career, I can accept being a backup, because having a chance to win a Super Bowl is a lot more important to me than any individual stuff. That's my goal, to be on a Super Bowl team, whatever my role."...

more
    Than why would he want to go to Minnesota?

Comment

Working...
    X