• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Another Custom

Here is a custom Wes Welker I did for a friend of mine. I am working on a pretty cool Thurman Thomas right now, but I chose legs that were far too skinny.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: Another Custom

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

I think I'm going to be sick.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Good work MBB, but

Comment

• Mad Bomber
          • Jul 2002

You know what that picture needs? Your custom Poz coming in to knock him unconscious.

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            Good work MBB, but
            thats all it is. And living here I'd be lieing if I said it will be the last Patriot I make.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

that stick should be on his ass, and not on the legs.

Great work, wrong team.
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

How long did that one take?

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                  How long did that one take?
                  This one wasnt bad at all. with the exception of the helmet it took me about 7 hours. The helmet took about 2 hours alone, I kept chipping the paint off the face mask
                  It was all

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

wow. i dont have that kind of patience

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                      wow. i dont have that kind of patience
                      Me either which is why I like making figures for others I am forced to care. If it was for me I would just say screw it.
                      It was all

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

If you are going to continue with this you should get a product called Apoxy Sculpt. You can pretty much sculpt anything out of it and it only take a day or so to harden. When it hardens it is very solid.

Here is a goalie mask I sculpted out of it:

It is super easy to use, you get two containers of it and you mix the two parts together.

Here is some on ebay: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...lpt&category0=
                        The price seems a little steep, but it really lasts a long time.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                          If you are going to continue with this you should get a product called Apoxy Sculpt. You can pretty much sculpt anything out of it and it only take a day or so to harden. When it hardens it is very solid.

Here is a goalie mask I sculpted out of it:

It is super easy to use, you get two containers of it and you mix the two parts together.

Here is some on ebay: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...lpt&category0=
                          The price seems a little steep, but it really lasts a long time.
                          I have been using sculpey clay which kind of sucks, is it easy to shape?
                          It was all

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                            I have been using sculpey clay which kind of sucks, is it easy to shape?
                            Yeah, if you wet your fingers just a touch the sculpt doesn't stick to your fingers. You also have a lot of time to mold what you need. The apoxie sculpt seems to be the perfect thickness to sculpt. It stays that way for hours. Also, when it dries, you can sand it and it won't break apart.

Comment

• The King
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                              Yeah, if you wet your fingers just a touch the sculpt doesn't stick to your fingers. You also have a lot of time to mold what you need. The apoxie sculpt seems to be the perfect thickness to sculpt. It stays that way for hours. Also, when it dries, you can sand it and it won't break apart.
                              Cool thanks for the advice. I tried turning baseball stirrups into pants with sculpey and it ended up with a broken Bronson Arroyo head... sounds like this stuff is easier
                              It was all

Comment

Working...
                              X