PDA

View Full Version : So why the increase in ticket sales?

FlyingDutchman
05-31-2007, 02:47 PM
So I dont get it. The rest of the country predicts us to be terrible. We made no "major" signings during free agency. We lost fan favorite Takeo Spikes. We lost the heart of our D in Fletcher. We lost argueably our biggest name on D in Clements. We lost a semi-fan-favorite (before he opened his mouth) and decent player in Mcgahee. So we're pretty much left with an extremely young team and not too many big names.....yet ticket sales are increasing. Season tix have increased, most games are sold out already, and individual tickets are going to be hard to come by....what gives? Input please?...is upstate just riding the Sabres wave? Is it just the attractive schedule? IMO Marv is starting to build a good product with quality people and its starting to show. I think a lot of people are starting to buy into this team and FO. Well done, and way to stick to your guns Marv.

ParanoidAndroid
05-31-2007, 03:01 PM
New hope

Earthquake Enyart
05-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Better schedule.

Dallas and the Giants at home instead of Green Bay and Minny for starters.

Willis coming back....

FlyingDutchman
05-31-2007, 03:05 PM
New hope

agreed, but with the moves made this off season, what reasons have been given to be optimisitc and have hope? Especially to the point of nearly selling out the season. Kinda mind boggling.

Earthquake Enyart
05-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh BTW, the schedule thing on the front page is totally F'ed up. When you scroll over the dates, half the info is from last year.

Dr. Lecter
05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Better schedule.

Dallas and the Giants at home instead of Green Bay and Minny for starters.

Willis coming back....

Fewer games after Thanksgiving and the games that are after are appealing games.

shelby
05-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Lynch and Poz are two reasons.
:up:

Jan Reimers
05-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Much better schedule, both teams and dates. Only 2 home games after Thanksgiving, I believe. A lot of excitement about JP's development, the young players from last year, and Poz and Lynch.

Plus, better marketing to individuals, groups and corporations.

OpIv37
05-31-2007, 03:26 PM
I think Tim Anderson signing his RFA tender was the key- that's when ticket sales really exploded.

Mitchy moo
05-31-2007, 03:28 PM
People want to see the Bills school the rest of the league this year!!!!!:bandwagon

Earthquake Enyart
05-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Scoob, where have you been, man?

FlyingDutchman
05-31-2007, 04:20 PM
I think Tim Anderson signing his RFA tender was the key- that's when ticket sales really exploded.

I dont get it, he has the "Sanjaya Factor" He sucks, but he keeps making it and nobody knows how.

raphael120
05-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Better schedule, interesting match ups, and I think everyone got a bad taste in their mouth from how the sabres season ended, so theyre hoping that the hockey momentum can carry over to the bills and the bills can pick up where the sabres left off.

OpIv37
05-31-2007, 05:06 PM
I dont get it, he has the "Sanjaya Factor" He sucks, but he keeps making it and nobody knows how.

if they can resolve Walker's contract and McCargo is healthy, he won't make the team. But without them, we won't have enough bodies and he'll still be here. :down:

HHURRICANE
05-31-2007, 05:11 PM
We're not a hockey town afterall.

FlyingDutchman
05-31-2007, 05:33 PM
if they can resolve Walker's contract and McCargo is healthy, he won't make the team. But without them, we won't have enough bodies and he'll still be here. :down:

I thought Sape had better games then him. I hope to god we get Walker in here.

tampabay25690
05-31-2007, 05:44 PM
So I dont get it. The rest of the country predicts us to be terrible. We made no "major" signings during free agency. We lost fan favorite Takeo Spikes. We lost the heart of our D in Fletcher. We lost argueably our biggest name on D in Clements. We lost a semi-fan-favorite (before he opened his mouth) and decent player in Mcgahee. So we're pretty much left with an extremely young team and not too many big names.....yet ticket sales are increasing. Season tix have increased, most games are sold out already, and individual tickets are going to be hard to come by....what gives? Input please?...is upstate just riding the Sabres wave? Is it just the attractive schedule? IMO Marv is starting to build a good product with quality people and its starting to show. I think a lot of people are starting to buy into this team and FO. Well done, and way to stick to your guns Marv.

WELL if you don't sell out all the games we might see the Toronto Bills and I don't think we want to see that do we......I still own parcial season tix and dont even get to go to the games. The tickets are very reasonable and even know I don't live in Buffalo anymore, I NEVER want to see our team leave. SO ITS good to see the fans actually going out and buying season tickets.......

seanbillsfan
05-31-2007, 10:04 PM
WELL if you don't sell out all the games we might see the Toronto Bills and I don't think we want to see that do we......I still own parcial season tix and dont even get to go to the games. The tickets are very reasonable and even know I don't live in Buffalo anymore, I NEVER want to see our team leave. SO ITS good to see the fans actually going out and buying season tickets.......
Amen brother!

TigerJ
06-01-2007, 08:37 AM
From the perspective of the fan, the Bills are moving in the right direction. Marv Levy brought credibility to the front office. Even though the Bills parted ways with some big names on defense; Spikes, Fletcher, and Clements, fans understand why that was for the most part, and believe the front office knows what it's doing. The Bills appear to a team with direction and focus that it lacked under Donahoe.

Michael82
06-01-2007, 08:38 AM
IMO Marv is starting to build a good product with quality people and its starting to show. I think a lot of people are starting to buy into this team and FO. Well done, and way to stick to your guns Marv.

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head! Great post. :bf1:

Michael82
06-02-2007, 07:53 AM
That is a definite factor for some people, but i don't think it's as big as everyone says.