"moving the chains" ripped on the Bills today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

"moving the chains" ripped on the Bills today.

After hearing some praise from Randy Cross in the AM I was shocked to hear Adam Sheine just rip on us. They said our moves with Vets was "sending this team south" this year.

Cliff notes:

1) Thinks we have too much regard for Lynch cause he's a rookie and that we would be lucky with a performance that was equal to McGahee's.

2) Thought our TEs "weren't great, weren't good, just kind of there." Sheine said we clearly overpaid for Royal.

3) Thought that everyone in our division stepped up and that our moves weren't going to benefit us this year.

I was a little surprised to say the least.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: "moving the chains" ripped on the Bills today.

I agree with #2

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      After hearing some praise from Randy Cross in the AM I was shocked to hear Adam Sheine just rip on us. They said our moves with Vets was "sending this team south" this year.
      You were? Has Sheine ever said a good word about us?
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Schein is the biggest pussy on the face of the earth..

Yeah Jan, I've often heard him say positive things about the Bills - it all depends on what his cohost or the person he's interviewing believes... the guy has never had an original thought of his own.

I wouldn't have a problem if that was his opinion, those points are as valid as any other until the season is played, its the above that I don't like.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Cliff notes:

1) Thinks we have too much regard for Lynch cause he's a rookie and that we would be lucky with a performance that was equal to McGahee's.

2) Thought our TEs "weren't great, weren't good, just kind of there." Sheine said we clearly overpaid for Royal.

3) Thought that everyone in our division stepped up and that our moves weren't going to benefit us this year.

how surprised can you be? We're not built to win this year. We will be ok, but not great. we got WAY younger in many areas, so its a growing pain kindof year, mostly for the D. I see our O as improved, so I see them balancing each other out as far as our record goes.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Thought Everett was a guy that would step up this year. I thought that was really funny because I think he's getting cut. IMO.

His Lynch argumnet does have some weight. We are fans/homers on Lynch but maybe we are expecting alot out of a rookie RB. Even Maroney fizzled out at the end of the season.

I love Lynch but maybe I'm being a little over optimistic.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
              how surprised can you be? We're not built to win this year. We will be ok, but not great. we got WAY younger in many areas, so its a growing pain kindof year, mostly for the D. I see our O as improved, so I see them balancing each other out as far as our record goes.
              Uhhh, they never brought up the D so that's why it surprised me.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Cliff notes:

Wait, you were suprised that a media clown is trying to build credibility by taking the most conservative look possible, and doesnt have the balls to back any team thats not stocked with proven vets???

Thats what they do man, they think like vets do, its all about what youve done in the past, not what you will do for me next.

Its a conservative approach most media types take to prevent the negative backlash on their reputation if they take a risk on unprovens.

This guy will likely come out and say Indy will win it all again, the Pats had the best offseason, blah, blah, blah. No mention of the thought that Randy Moss will become a MAJOR problem for the Pats this year, no mention that Indy lost Cato June and STILL has yet to improve its D.

Its real simple, if you want last years football news, just ask the football media.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Uhhh, they never brought up the D so that's why it surprised me.
                  uhh, when you said our "vet moves" i thought maybe there was more to it than McGahee and Royal? i didnt get to watch it. if all they talked about was O, then i guess it makes sense, but i suppose their views are skewed by the names of Spikes, Fletcher and Clements leaving our team.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

You guys do know that Adam Schein is a Buffalo Bills fan? I guess that makes him a realist...

Jon

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

Thought Everett was a guy that would step up this year. I thought that was really funny because I think he's getting cut. IMO.

His Lynch argumnet does have some weight. We are fans/homers on Lynch but maybe we are expecting alot out of a rookie RB. Even Maroney fizzled out at the end of the season.

I love Lynch but maybe I'm being a little over optimistic.
                      I just read a quote from Fairchild saying he has been impressed with Everett this offseason. I wouldn't count him out at this point.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Cliff notes:

I disagree about Lynch, it's possible Lynch has a sub par season, but the guy has an awful lot of talent. Atleast coming out of college he did and that can mask a lot of issues elsewhere on the team. If Lynch does have a bad season, I wouldn't put to much stock in it. He would have to have two bad seasons in a row before I'd lose any sleep.

The Bills TE's are nothing special, however your rookie from last year has yet to see the field so who knows what he will be. JP needs as much help as he can get because his decision making is his biggest weakness IMO and an explosive tough to cover TE would make a world of difference in his options when things get hairy. I don't see that guy on the Bills roster in May. Will we see that guy in June??

Pretty much what I've been telling you and you don't want to see it. Granted it's just someone opinion, but you refuse to give Miami credit for making upgrades in speed, youth and talent. Aswell as coaching on the offensive side of the ball. If you think Miami is going to be the same weak offense you've seen the last 5 or 6 years you're wrong. Miami will be faster and a much more explosive offense. Pair that with a top 5 defense and the Fins will look and play a whole lot different then they have been.

I think the Bills are further away from where they want to be following this offseason. I'm seriously having a hrad time trying to figure out what you see. Maybe you should sit down and think about what you had, what you have and then write a thread about the pros and cons of this offseason and see what people think of your thoughts. I know I would read it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                          uhh, when you said our "vet moves" i thought maybe there was more to it than McGahee and Royal? i didnt get to watch it. if all they talked about was O, then i guess it makes sense, but i suppose their views are skewed by the names of Spikes, Fletcher and Clements leaving our team.
                          Sorry, didn't mean for that to be dicky. Yeah, brought up the vets leaving but didn't discuss the D.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                            I disagree about Lynch, it's possible Lynch has a sub par season, but the guy has an awful lot of talent. Atleast coming out of college he did and that can mask a lot of issues elsewhere on the team. If Lynch does have a bad season, I wouldn't put to much stock in it. He would have to have two bad seasons in a row before I'd lose any sleep.

The Bills TE's are nothing special, however your rookie from last year has yet to see the field so who knows what he will be. JP needs as much help as he can get because his decision making is his biggest weakness IMO and an explosive tough to cover TE would make a world of difference in his options when things get hairy. I don't see that guy on the Bills roster in May. Will we see that guy in June??

Pretty much what I've been telling you and you don't want to see it. Granted it's just someone opinion, but you refuse to give Miami credit for making upgrades in speed, youth and talent. Aswell as coaching on the offensive side of the ball. If you think Miami is going to be the same weak offense you've seen the last 5 or 6 years you're wrong. Miami will be faster and a much more explosive offense. Pair that with a top 5 defense and the Fins will look and play a whole lot different then they have been.

I think the Bills are further away from where they want to be following this offseason. I'm seriously having a hrad time trying to figure out what you see. Maybe you should sit down and think about what you had, what you have and then write a thread about the pros and cons of this offseason and see what people think of your thoughts. I know I would read it.
                            I was surprised because the media in general has been pretty positive about the Bills being a team to watch. This was the first real neg I've heard.

On Miami he said "made some young improvements on the D", that was it. He however didn't put you ahead of us fo what it was worth. It was more about status quo.

Side note was that they thought Evans was one dimensional based on stats, 18 yards per catch.

I'm telling you this wasn't good at all.

Comment

• feelthepain
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

I was surprised because the media in general has been pretty positive about the Bills being a team to watch. This was the first real neg I've heard.

On Miami he said "made some young improvements on the D", that was it. He however didn't put you ahead of us fo what it was worth. It was more about status quo.

Side note was that they thought Evans was one dimensional based on stats, 18 yards per catch.

I'm telling you this wasn't good at all.
                              Well like I said it was just someones opinion. I'm also glad people think, what they think, of Miami. We always play better as underdogs and worse as favorites. I also love how no one is saying anything about Cameron, lets keep it that way. The system he runs is always very successful no mater what form it takes. If you spend just a little time without the Bill colored glasses on, you'll notice that Miami added speed to nealry evey skill position. We will stretch the field this year, making running and passing a whole lot eaiser. Almost everything Miami did last year was within 20 yards making the defenses job much eaiser, that won't happen this year and Maimi's QB situation will be resolved one way or the other this season, GUARANTEED!!

Comment

Working...
                              X