X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Bills among the most profitable

Forbes reports that the Bills are #7 of 30 teams in profitability in the NFL. This is very good considering how small of a market Buffalo actually is. IMO, this is a reflection on the dedication from the fans for the Bills. We all deserve a nice pat on the back.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • echo_bravo
    Zoner
    • Aug 2002

Well, when you have fans with NO LIVES that camp out 2 days before a preseason game, you are going to be pretty profitable.

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

They shouldn't be moving anywhere then. The problem comes in where the team is only worth slightly more than half of what Washington is worth. The value would skyrocket in a city like LA.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• echo_bravo
        Zoner
        • Aug 2002

They should DEFINITELY stay in Buffalo!

The LA Bills? UUUUGGGGHHH I dont think so.

Plus, what would all the people in Buffalo do if the Bills werent around? Probably sit around, drink Paps Blue Ribbon and shoot empty whiskey bottles. LOL

Comment

• Bufftp
          Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

echo what is pabst blue ribbon? O'h wait I remeber they drink that stuff in a Florida, and it is brewed in Disney Lands urinals, up north we drinkLabatts mkna Blue, or fine Canadian Beers. Again shooting whiskey bottles? Another great soujthern pastime. Has the air conditiong been leaking tits freon into your room again?
          Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
          "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
          Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
          - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
          to be led by permanent ideals -
          that is what keeps a man patient
          when the world ignores him,
          and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• echo_bravo
            Zoner
            • Aug 2002

Oh my bad Bufftp.
            How ignorant of me to say you slobs enjoy shooting whiskey bottles, when I mean to say beer bottles.

Now, go back to making more of your worthless polls.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Be careful when judging this. I have not read the full article yet but I have seen these in the past. The data can be misleading. In the past they have used total player salaries as a cost. The Bills paid out just over $31 million last year in salaries because they had so much committed to the cap in bonuses. If they use that data again this year the Bills will not make as much money for RWS because they will spend about $45 million in salaries this year. Thus, when a team has a lot of bonus money tied up in the cap for that year they look more profitable because the owner has already fronted some of the money for that year.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• FlownTheCoop
                Red Foreman says: Squish the Damn Fish
                • Aug 2002

They peg Buffalo's player expenditures as $68.8 million, so I presume that includes bonuses...

Comic Book Guy Last night's game was, without a doubt, the worst ever. Rest assured, I was on the internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

Comment

• FlownTheCoop
                  Red Foreman says: Squish the Damn Fish
                  • Aug 2002

"Includes base salaries, all bonuses, and benefits."
                  Comic Book Guy Last night's game was, without a doubt, the worst ever. Rest assured, I was on the internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

how many other 3-13 teams can average 63,000 people a game?
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlownTheCoop
                      "Includes base salaries, all bonuses, and benefits."

True, but if they did it as in the past it will only include bonuses paid in 2001...so that is like Moulds and stuff like that...not prior bonuses like Ruben Brown or Rob Johnson's money.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by echo_bravo
                        Well, when you have fans with NO LIVES that camp out 2 days before a preseason game, you are going to be pretty profitable.

Sounds like somebody is jealous because their team can't even sell out a playoff game, LMFAO!!!! Just think what we will do when we make the playoffs... You should come on up. We can show you how REAL fans party and support their team!!

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                          They shouldn't be moving anywhere then. The problem comes in where the team is only worth slightly more than half of what Washington is worth. The value would skyrocket in a city like LA.
                          I agree with you 100% ... however, high profitability hopefully means that if someone in LA is interested in the team, there might be someone just as interested in buying the team and keeping it in the proven market.

Comment

• Bufftp
                            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

problem is 458 mill a lotta cash for this area to come up with.
                            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                            Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                            - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                            to be led by permanent ideals -
                            that is what keeps a man patient
                            when the world ignores him,
                            and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

I know, but I figure if they can find buyer's for the Sabre's who I believe lose money, I'd think they can find some people to pay a lot more for the Bills who actually make money.

Comment

Working...
                              X