PDA

View Full Version : As far as the first 2 games of the Finals go

LABillsFan
06-01-2007, 01:52 AM
You now can see with no uncertain doubt how to win in the playoffs, Goaltending, hitting and shots on goal and hustle.

Did you see how the Ducks were swarming? Taking the body, standing up to Ottawa. This is what most of us have been saying. I know the FO is paying attention, now they have to figure out if they can do it within budget and before players want to look else where for a better chance at winning the cup.

don137
06-01-2007, 05:46 AM
I agree. It seems Anaheim has the perfect balance of scorers and bangers at both on offense and on defense. Buffalo needs more of this balance. They play some exciting hockey. Plus seeing the Sens ***** slapped all over the ice is fun to watch.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-01-2007, 07:07 AM
You now can see with no uncertain doubt how to win in the playoffs, Goaltending, hitting and shots on goal and hustle.

Buffalo failed at 3 out of 4 of these.

Michael82
06-01-2007, 07:32 AM
This thread just needs one more thing....

:lolpoint: Ottawa

Earthquake Enyart
06-01-2007, 08:37 AM
I never thought I would ever say this but Ottawa was tougher than us. :ill:

Michael82
06-01-2007, 08:59 AM
I never thought I would ever say this but Ottawa was tougher than us. :ill:
No, Ottawa realized it was the playoffs. The Sabres were trying to skate by. :ill:

SabreEleven
06-01-2007, 11:45 AM
The Ducks would have ran over the Sabres like a Mac truck

Typ0
06-01-2007, 07:33 PM
No, Ottawa realized it was the playoffs. The Sabres were trying to skate by. :ill:

like he said...the SENS were tougher than us.

Meathead
06-02-2007, 06:54 AM
the sens were hungrier. period

the sens were foaming at the mouth to erase painful memories of being eliminated by the sabres. they were stoked to finally get revenge on their own personal bully and were breathing fire in the process

the sabres conversely came out non-chalant and waited for their talent to be the difference. of course it never happened

while i would admit the sens are a bit tougher right now thats not why the sabres lost. they choked on their own success during the regular season and didnt play with passion. if they coulda done that i think they would have been tough enough to beat anybody in a series

tampabay25690
06-02-2007, 07:36 AM

Did you see how the Ducks were swarming? Taking the body, standing up to Ottawa. This is what most of us have been saying. I know the FO is paying attention, now they have to figure out if they can do it within budget and before players want to look else where for a better chance at winning the cup.

I agree with 100%....Finally some of us realize Anaheim is the best team in hockey by far. I would hate to have seen the Sabres play Anaheim in this series.....I do give credit to Ray Emery he has played his ASS off......

tampabay25690
06-02-2007, 07:37 AM

the sens were foaming at the mouth to erase painful memories of being eliminated by the sabres. they were stoked to finally get revenge on their own personal bully and were breathing fire in the process

the sabres conversely came out non-chalant and waited for their talent to be the difference. of course it never happened

while i would admit the sens are a bit tougher right now thats not why the sabres lost. they choked on their own success during the regular season and didnt play with passion. if they coulda done that i think they would have been tough enough to beat anybody in a series

I think the only ones that showed up in the palyoffs for buffalo was our FANS.....That was the best FAN support I ever seen and it was great to see.

Michael82
06-02-2007, 08:03 AM

Excellent post, Meat! :bf1:

LABillsFan
06-02-2007, 08:22 AM

I agree with a lot of your post. I still have an issue with saying they didn't play with passion. I just think motorcycles going up against SUV's don't have that great of a chance. As Quinn said though, "If our powerplay was average, we're in the finals" I think this statement is true, however I feel it also was an attempt to deflect the real issue. Ottawa went 0-16 at the end of the series but still dug in and played hard to close out the series.

tampabay25690
06-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree with a lot of your post. I still have an issue with saying they didn't play with passion. I just think motorcycles going up against SUV's don't have that great of a chance. As Quinn said though, "If our powerplay was average, we're in the finals" I think this statement is true, however I feel it also was an attempt to deflect the real issue. Ottawa went 0-16 at the end of the series but still dug in and played hard to close out the series.

Basically OTTAWA was better is what you are saying, and YES I do agree. Ottawa was the better team.

Meathead
06-02-2007, 11:55 AM
this time

if the sabres played only the sens all the time id expect them to win fifty five percent or so of the games

again i hate to say it but the sabres pp going in the tank is a classic symptom of a choke job. not that i base it all on that but taken as a whole it points to a tight, uninspired, perhaps even scared pattern of play

the only good news is that lesson will sink deep im sure. hopefully most of these guys get another shot next year because its a deeply talented bunch that will grow up a lot by the time next years playoffs roll around