PDA

View Full Version : Lynch Impresses At Rookie Premiere

patmoran2006
06-01-2007, 09:24 AM
http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2007/edholm053107.htm
First, there was Bills RB Marshawn Lynch. Being the 12th pick in the draft, he was not a nobody, but he did get a bit overshadowed by Peterson and the other top 10 picks a touch. Lynch, who could have a monster rookie year in Buffalo, appeared confident and sure. He moved among the crowd easily and held himself well, playing the Madden games with gusto but with controlled maturity. He said he was anxious to prove he can handle the spotlight as a rookie.

"I have a job to do now, and it's business time," Lynch said. "Football is fun, but there's work now. After this (fun weekend), it's back to OTAs. We're in the middle of training now."

By most accounts, Lynch has fared well, easily slipping into the Bills' offensive scheme and casting no doubt that he can be an instant-impact player. Many view Lynch purely as a workhorse I-back, but he showed some good versatility at the team's minicamp, splitting wide at times and catching the ball well.

madness
06-01-2007, 09:32 AM
He's going to be so much fun to watch this year. I just can't wait! :dance:

BlackMetalNinja
06-01-2007, 09:34 AM
He is probably at the top of the list of reasons why I'm excited for the Bills season to start this year.

Mr. Miyagi
06-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Willis who?

Tatonka
06-01-2007, 09:53 AM
i really cant wait to see him and wright. i think they are going to be a great great combo for years to come.

wbat27
06-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Willis who?

Thats the truest thing i have ever heard, i can't wait to see Lynch play!!

Michael82
06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Wow! Everything I read about this kid makes me excited! I can't ****ing wait until training camp when I'll be able to watch him break tackles, and make a cut. :drool:

gil
06-01-2007, 10:00 AM
He is probably at the top of the list of reasons why I'm excited for the Bills season to start this year.

Amen - I'm hoping this guy is the gamebreaker we all hoped willis would become.

Jan Reimers
06-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Lynch is going to be such a refreshing change - both in attitude and ability - over Willis. Lynch is already acting like a professional, something Willis never mastered.

Luisito23
06-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Go Lynch!!! Go!!!....

GO BILLS!!!!!

Jan Reimers
06-01-2007, 10:09 AM
You can see the stamp of Marv on this team, more and more. Intelligent, motivated, high character guys in last year's draft, and more of the same this year with Poz, Lynch, Wendling, etc. I love the way this team is coming together - we might need one more season, but we will get there.

ParanoidAndroid
06-01-2007, 10:12 AM
With all the negative threads topping the charts right now, this was very refreshing.
Thanks, Pat.

Jan Reimers
06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Anyone who dwells on the Bills' negatives - and there certainly are some - is really missing the overall positive picture of what we are building here.

raphael120
06-01-2007, 10:57 AM
You'll be hearing alot of this...

"The 15...the 10...the 5...TOUCHDOWN MARSHAWN LYNCH!"

bigbub2352
06-01-2007, 11:00 AM
I am really impressed with the way he is handling himself, and i really think he is happy as hell to be a Bill, he is a genuine kid who is gonna blossom in the offense and finally put fear in the opposition

SquishDaFish
06-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Love it. I cant wait for the season

FlyingDutchman
06-01-2007, 11:05 AM
I like what im hearing about him splitting wide a lot. Its gonna be nice to have new formations and refreshing to have an all around back for the first time in a while. Willis Mcgahee looked like a penguin trying to catch a bowling ball at times.

ddaryl
06-01-2007, 11:11 AM
He seems to be saying all the right things, and backing it up with his actions.

I'm excited about Lynch, and just as excited by the fact we ditched that other RB who's name should never be mentioned here again.

Elminster
06-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Pats not complaining about something!? Holy Christ! We're going to the Super Bowl or something!:bandwagon

patmoran2006
06-01-2007, 12:14 PM
i really cant wait to see him and wright. i think they are going to be a great great combo for years to come.
It's your Modern day Maroney/Dillon combo I think.

HHURRICANE
06-01-2007, 12:17 PM
He needs to play well. We need him.

JP, and Lynch are the 2 difference makers on this team. Without these guys playing well it's going to be a long season.

ublinkwescore
06-01-2007, 12:52 PM
You can see the stamp of Marv on this team, more and more. Intelligent, motivated, high character guys in last year's draft, and more of the same this year with Poz, Lynch, Wendling, etc. I love the way this team is coming together - we might need one more season, but we will get there.

I catch so much flak for telling all the guys at work how Marv has unfinished business, and that Fate won't have him totally denied.

I sincerely believe that Marv will have us back in the superbowl, and it will be with a lot of players that he drafted, and few that he inherited (Losman, Evans and Peters).

PECKERWOOD
06-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I can't wait to see JP dump screen passes off on this guy, every time he catches the football he has a chance to break it.

camelcowboy
06-01-2007, 03:22 PM
What Profootballweekly already starting a retraction article?

X-Era
06-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Ive tried to remain fairly quiet about Lynch, but in the spirit of this thread its time to turn loose a bit.

I have been a dedicated draft fan for the past decade. Its rare that the Bills take someone I really want them to.

My dream picks for the Bills for the past decade have been:

1997- Warrick Dunn
1998- no 1st rounder- I was happy with the Cowart pick
1999- Jevon Kearse
2000- Darren Howard
2001- Duece McAllister
2002- Joey Harrington- good thing that didnt happen
2003- Dallas Clark
2004- Roy Williams or Big Ben, when we took Evans I wanted JP and we got him
2005- David Baas- I wanted WR Jerome Mathis later...we took Roscoe
2006- Vernon Davis

Often the player I wanted never fell, I wanted Peterson in this draft only when I thought he would really drop. I always had the question on his durability with his injury past and all. I have ALWAYS been a HUGE Lynch fan.

I was so damn happy when we landed him. I really think he will be the best RB since Thurman in Buffalo. I cant be a bigger fan of this pick and so far so good with him.

We havent landed the guy I really wanted until now. Im really excited about what I think he will bring. He has everything you could want and I think he will show up day one as a helluva great pick for us.

SpillerThrills
06-01-2007, 09:38 PM
It's your Modern day Maroney/Dillon combo I think.

how about modern day Thomas/Davis.... alittle Bills spin on it :dance:

ublinkwescore
06-01-2007, 10:02 PM

I groaned Pat for his comment about Pats backs.

F the pats!!

SpillerThrills
06-02-2007, 08:04 AM
I groaned Pat for his comment about Pats backs.

F the pats!!

Pats???? I was talking about Thurman Thomas and Kenneth Davis...... the BILLS running backs from the superbowl years...........

patmoran2006
06-02-2007, 08:19 AM
that's even a BETTER comparison.. Never thought of that. Good job, they are both exactly like those two RB's. Im definitely going to steal your comparison in a future column.. Well done.

I just hope fans dont expect TOO much from Lynch from day one.

I think A-Train is going to get a lot of carries early on. Probably 50/50... Mid-season I think Lynch will take over more and more.. and towards the end of the season, I think Wright will start to get some work and A-Train will be phased out to the third string.

Then in 2008 these guys will be totally ready

gr8slayer
06-02-2007, 08:23 AM
He won't be overshadowed by Peterson for long.

shelby
06-02-2007, 09:38 AM
i haven't been this excited about the Bills' upcoming season in years.
:jig:
i can't wait to see what Lynch can do. i love his work ethic.
:gobills:

ublinkwescore
06-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Pats???? I was talking about Thurman Thomas and Kenneth Davis...... the BILLS running backs from the superbowl years...........

I know that - I groaned Pat Moran because he was comparing the Lynch Wright combo to that of New England's Lawrence Maroney and Corey Dillon.

I will not have my team compared to the Pats - a bunch of ref-bribing, whining, *****ing primadonna's with a homo for a QB who's first superbowl should still have an asterisk next to it.

BTW, if the Chargers had pulled off a victory in the playoffs last season over the Pats, and mocked someone on the Patriots the way they did Shawne Merriman (not that I'm too fond of Shawne Merriman - I have a feeling this turd is gonna end up in New England while this little homo-orgy dynasty is still going on) I wouldn't have cared one bit.

End of subject.

ublinkwescore
06-02-2007, 10:11 AM
I honestly don't care that the Pats did mock Shawne Merriman - I can't stand him either.

I just would have rather seen it be some other team mocking roid boy.

X-Era
06-02-2007, 01:57 PM
I know that - I groaned Pat Moran because he was comparing the Lynch Wright combo to that of New England's Lawrence Maroney and Corey Dillon.

I will not have my team compared to the Pats - a bunch of ref-bribing, whining, *****ing primadonna's with a homo for a QB who's first superbowl should still have an asterisk next to it.

BTW, if the Chargers had pulled off a victory in the playoffs last season over the Pats, and mocked someone on the Patriots the way they did Shawne Merriman (not that I'm too fond of Shawne Merriman - I have a feeling this turd is gonna end up in New England while this little homo-orgy dynasty is still going on) I wouldn't have cared one bit.

End of subject.

:clap:

A frikkin-men brother.

If the Pats are the current dynasty, then the NFL should have a rainbow banner, they are the biggest group of homosexuals ever!