PDA

View Full Version : Why Reed Being the #2 WR Ain't Such a Bad Thing...

raphael120
06-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Just was looking at the stats last season for recieving and found something that says alot about how pathetic Peerless Price is.

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #255691 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #255691 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #255691 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #255691 1px solid" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=darkrow1 style="FONT: bold 11px verdana" align=left>Player</TD><TD class=darkrow1 style="FONT: bold 11px verdana" align=right>G</TD><TD class=darkrow1 style="FONT: bold 11px verdana" align=right>Rec</TD><TD class=darkrow1 style="FONT: bold 11px verdana" align=right>Tot</TD><TD class=darkrow1 style="FONT: bold 11px verdana" align=right>/Rec</TD><TD class=darkrow1 style="FONT: bold 11px verdana" align=right>/G</TD><TD class=darkrow1 style="FONT: bold 11px verdana" align=right>TD</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #255691 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #255691 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #255691 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #255691 1px solid" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=altRow2 align=left><NOBR>Peerless Price</NOBR></TD><TD class=altRow2 align=right>16</TD><TD class=darkrow1 align=right>49</TD><TD class=altRow2 align=right>402</TD><TD class=altRow2 align=right>8.2</TD><TD class=altRow2 align=right>25.1</TD><TD class=altRow2 align=right>3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=altRow1 align=left><NOBR>Josh Reed</NOBR></TD><TD class=altRow1 align=right>13</TD><TD class=darkrow1 align=right>34</TD><TD class=altRow1 align=right>410</TD><TD class=altRow1 align=right>12.1</TD><TD class=altRow1 align=right>31.5</TD><TD class=altRow1 align=right>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

He's the number 2 WR...which means at any given play, he's probably going to be on the field, right? Which means he should get more yards, TD's, etc.

Well he only had on average about 1 more catch per game than Reed.

Reed had just as many yards recieving as Price, and had more yards per catch.

I say have Reed be number 2, cut Price, make Parrish the speedy slot reciever, maybe even have Lynch out there too.

I just hope our running game is better this season because I don't like the idea of relying on our passing game when Reed is becoming the best option for #2. I think it has a little to do with Reed having a better connectioni with JP and also just the fact that Peerless and Parrish just can't cut it as number 2, or even 3 WR.

casdhf
06-01-2007, 10:37 AM
He struggled on the outside. He seems more comfortable playing in the slot, I wouldnt mess with it.

Tatonka
06-01-2007, 10:40 AM
reed was on the outside plenty last year.. price and reed split alot of time as the number 2 and it will continue.

Philagape
06-01-2007, 10:49 AM
They'll both be on the field a lot. I don't expect much of either of them as a receiver, but Reed should get the nod just because he's a better blocker.

raphael120
06-01-2007, 10:55 AM
It's just a shame we have no real #2 wr...maybe the unsigned rookie wr cornelius guy will be our marques colston...dont hold your breath though

Ickybaluky
06-01-2007, 11:20 AM
I say have Reed be number 2, cut Price, make Parrish the speedy slot reciever, maybe even have Lynch out there too.

And if there is an injury? Seems silly to cut Price at this point, without a viable player to take his spot.

justasportsfan
06-01-2007, 11:25 AM
reed was on the outside plenty last year.. price and reed split alot of time as the number 2 and it will continue.
exactly. This is a rotating system and JP loves to spread the ball.

FlyingDutchman
06-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Kinda iffy on Reed as a #2. At this point theres no real alternatives though unless Price or even Parrish step it up. Reed has been playing a lot better IMO lately but is an ideal #3. Hes not the fastest and has a little trouble getting separation. Hed be better in the slot. We really need a solid #2 with speed or a damn good TE to REALLY get this offense going.

Pinkerton Security
06-01-2007, 11:36 AM
They'll both be on the field a lot. I don't expect much of either of them as a receiver, but Reed should get the nod just because he's a better blocker.

much agreed. I would give Reed the #2 spot over price, even if he wasnt a better blocker, but he def. is.

TigerJ
06-01-2007, 11:56 AM
I would love to have a 6'4" 230 lb second receiver for Losman, but it's not going to happen this season. I think the real key to having this offense blossom will be having five offensive linemen who can block. That will let the Bills put their TE and RB in the passing pattern with much greater frequency instead of holding back and blocking. That will spread the coverage out more, and everybody should be open more often.

feldspar
06-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Whether anybody likes it or not, we'll go into the season with Price, Reed, and Parrish. These guys were all second round picks, and each one of them has his strengths and weaknesses. The #2 WR spot will resemble the running back by committee thing we got going on. They will all share time. It's not that bad. I predict some big plays by Roscoe this year, returning punts and making big catches.

AL PACINO
06-01-2007, 02:06 PM
stats don't mean ****, any one of our recievers could be our #2 and there won't be no drop off!

PECKERWOOD
06-01-2007, 03:15 PM
If we keep Reed in the slot, he will see even less playing time this season. I think we are going to utilize Marshawn Lynch in the slot frequently this season.

justasportsfan
06-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Let camp determine who's no. 2. Hell it could even turn out to be Parrish for all I care as long as it's the best man.

henrybacker
06-02-2007, 06:50 AM
[quote=The #2 WR spot will resemble the running back by committee thing we got going on. They will all share time. It's not that bad. quote]

Whereabouts in rank would you put reed-price as the number 2 and 3 receiver if it isn't "that bad"?

Philagape
06-02-2007, 07:13 AM
stats don't mean ****, any one of our recievers could be our #2 and there won't be no drop off!

That's not saying much

patmoran2006
06-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I think in 2008 both Reed and Price are gone-- and we'll have a real starter in there.

I also think Cornelius is making this team based on what I've been told; and maybe he'll step in one of these two overrated/overpaid clowns' spots.

raphael120
06-02-2007, 08:51 PM
And if there is an injury? Seems silly to cut Price at this point, without a viable player to take his spot.

well if they want to keep that cornelius guy, thats 6 WRs

Evans, Price, Aiken, Parrish, Reed, Cornelius.

Bring in Cornelius and cut Price.

I mean...since Reed is so good and all we shouldnt even miss Price. They seem like they have the same skill set in the fact that both should be #3 WR's in reality.

DGreg
06-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I would love to have a 6'4" 230 lb second receiver for Losman, but it's not going to happen this season. I think the real key to having this offense blossom will be having five offensive linemen who can block. That will let the Bills put their TE and RB in the passing pattern with much greater frequency instead of holding back and blocking. That will spread the coverage out more, and everybody should be open more often.

Hey if we had an extra receiver of this size maybe he could play linebacker.:respect:

1959BillsFan
06-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Kind of interesting. When Reed was a rookie, it was moulds, Price, Reed. The when Price went to Atlanta, it became moulds, Reed......and Aiken?

Now it is Reed battling Price for #2. BUT, they are actually co-#2's. Reed is a much better downfield blocker, plus he is much better with runs after the catch. Price is not know for either speed 4.48 or precise route running. Reed is 4.48 as well, well according to www.couchscout.com (http://www.couchscout.com) .

Last season, it took Price quite a long time to get to Buffalo, I think he missed most of the OTAs. This season, he has been here, a lot. I kind of wonder if something is giving Price the idea he better get better. The only way to do that is to make better chemistry with Losman, run better routes, better YAC, and better blocking.

Hmmmm......we shall see how this plays out.

YardRat
06-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm fine with Price as a #2 for this year...I expect bigger #'s.

Reed (and Parrish, for that matter) are strictly slot/#3's.

JP loves to spread the ball.

JP's just getting acclimated to spreading the ball around. We'll see how that goes this season.