PDA

View Full Version : Sabres will keep Briere & Drury as per Sirius NHL Live

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Sabres will keep Briere and Drury and will give an extension to Vanek

will trade Afinogenov3,500,000, Kotalik2,500,000, Kalinin2,250,000 Hecht2,350,000 and Spacek3,475,000 at the draft on June 22nd to free up cap :$: and get draft picks instead of players in those deals. Ask Connolly to take a paycut and if he doesn't they should let him go as well. Fill the empty positions left by Afinogenov, Kotalik and Kalinin with Stafford he takes the place of Afinogenov, Paille takes the place of Kotalik and Paetsch takes the place of Kalinin and with the :$: left over they try to re-sign Zubrus.

NHL Live!
Weekdays 10 am - 12 pm ET
SIRIUS Sports Action Ch. 123
NHL Live! returns with the hottest talk about the coolest sport. Hosts Don LaGreca, Zig Fracassi and Joe Tolleson have the latest scores, trade rumors and injury updates from preseason play, right through the Stanley Cup Finals. Give 'em a call at 866-522-2846 or email nhllive@sirius-radio.com.http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1107787276338

Dr. Lecter
06-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Overall that would hurt the team.

No depth. Who would replace Spacek and Paestch (as the 7th D-man)? Who replaces Hecht?

Bill Brasky
06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
ya i dunno about that, that is an aweful lot to give up, but i could see them maybe doing that.

BlackMetalNinja
06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah really, the question then becomes how much are you willing to mortgage on keeping those two? No way in hell I'd give up all those players in order to keep Drury and Briere. If I can keep half those guys and give up Briere or Drury, I'm alright with that comparitively.

Myers57
06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
your a tool.

your the same person who had that thread that the sabres won't keep either

your the last person I trust who posts anything on this board

BlackMetalNinja
06-01-2007, 02:00 PM
your a tool.

your the same person who had that thread that the sabres won't keep either

your the last person I trust who posts anything on this board

And YOU'RE the last person I'm going to seek grammar advice from :up:

His post is crap, so attack that and not the person...

camelcowboy
06-01-2007, 03:00 PM
I've been debating if i should even post this. Take it for what its worth but i went golfing today and was paired up a guy who claims his brother is the Dr. for the sabres. He says that Drury has already agreed to a 3 year deal. They are going to wait till the draft to see if they can dump some salary to keep Briere. Take it with a grain of salt because i find it amazing how many people i talk to seem to have inside info :rolleyes:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Overall that would hurt the team.

No depth. Who would replace Spacek and Paestch (as the 7th D-man)? Who replaces Hecht?

D
Micheal Ryan
Andrej Sekera
Mike Funk

MacAurthur replaces Hecht

tampabay25690
06-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Sabres will keep Briere and Drury and will give an extension to Vanek

will trade Afinogenov3,500,000, Kotalik2,500,000, Kalinin2,250,000 Hecht2,350,000 and Spacek3,475,000 at the draft on June 22nd to free up cap :$: and get draft picks instead of players in those deals. Ask Connolly to take a paycut and if he doesn't they should let him go as well. Fill the empty positions left by Afinogenov, Kotalik and Kalinin with Stafford he takes the place of Afinogenov, Paille takes the place of Kotalik and Paetsch takes the place of Kalinin and with the :$: left over they try to re-sign Zubrus.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1107787276338

That would be awful.....

Dr. Lecter
06-01-2007, 05:21 PM
D
Micheal Ryan
Andrej Sekera
Mike Funk

MacAurthur replaces Hecht

Ryan is not a D-man and is a UFA.

The other two are not NHL ready. And I question if MacArthur is and would leave us with guys like Kaleta, Mancari and Zagrupan as the first forward to be called up.

Typ0
06-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I can see that happening if you leave hecht out.

Dozerdog
06-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Please- two guys sitting around speculating on what teams will do- and it turns into a news item? LOL

YardRat
06-01-2007, 09:07 PM
I've been debating if i should even post this. Take it for what its worth but i went golfing today and was paired up a guy who claims his brother is the Dr. for the sabres. He says that Drury has already agreed to a 3 year deal. They are going to wait till the draft to see if they can dump some salary to keep Briere. Take it with a grain of salt because i find it amazing how many people i talk to seem to have inside info :rolleyes:

Having Drury locked in already would be sweet.

Briere can go if he's looking for too much, as far as I'm concerned.

Ebenezer
06-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Zig Fracassi???

you have got to be kidding...he was on the radio here for about 6 months and he practically got run out of town because he didn't know a thing...I wouldn't believe him if he said the sky was blue unless three other sources confirmed it.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Zig Fracassi???

you have got to be kidding...he was on the radio here for about 6 months and he practically got run out of town because he didn't know a thing...I wouldn't believe him if he said the sky was blue unless three other sources confirmed it.

He was on 107.7 WNSA he was the late night guy 6-10

WNSA on air staff
Howard Simon mornings 6-10
Art Wander 12-2
Mike Shopp (smart talk for smart people) 3-6
Zig at nite 6-10

Then when WNSA was going off the air because of the Adelphia Scandal by the Rigis family and Shopp left and went over to the darkside @ WGR55

Jim Brinson 6-10
Art Wander 12-2
Howard Simon (SimonCast) 3-6
Zig 6-10

Then when it was known that WNSA was going to go off the air it was
Jim Brinson 6-10
Art Wander 12-2 until he retired
Howard Simon 3-6 (SimonCast)
Zig @ Nite 6-10

then in the later years it was
Jim Brinson 6-2
Howard Simon (SimonCast) now on TV also 3-6 he was kicking the crap out of WGR55 in the ratings also WGR couldn't keep up so Entercom who owns WGR bought out WNSA and turned it into a music station.
Zig @ Nite 6-10 then Zig left

Then WNSA's last days on air
Guest host 6-10
Guest host 12-2
Howard Simon/Jim Brinson show 3-6 this was on radio/TV ESN

Michael82
06-02-2007, 03:06 PM
He was on 107.7 WNSA he was the late night guy 6-10

WNSA on air staff
Howard Simon mornings 6-10
Art Wander 12-2
Mike Shopp (smart talk for smart people) 3-6
Zig at nite 6-10

Then when WNSA was going off the air because of the Adelphia Scandal by the Rigis family and Shopp left and went over to the darkside @ WGR55

Jim Brinson 6-10
Art Wander 12-2
Howard Simon (SimonCast) 3-6
Zig 6-10

Then when it was known that WNSA was going to go off the air it was
Jim Brinson 6-10
Art Wander 12-2 until he retired
Howard Simon 3-6 (SimonCast)
Zig @ Nite 6-10

then in the later years it was
Jim Brinson 6-2
Howard Simon (SimonCast) now on TV also 3-6 he was kicking the crap out of WGR55 in the ratings also WGR couldn't keep up so Entercom who owns WGR bought out WNSA and turned it into a music station.
Zig @ Nite 6-10 then Zig left

Then WNSA's last days on air
Guest host 6-10
Guest host 12-2
Howard Simon/Jim Brinson show 3-6 this was on radio/TV ESN
Zig was a moron! :ill:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Zig was a moron! :ill:

I never listened to WNSA past 6:00pm I listened to Shopp when he was at WNSA Art Wander in the afternoons and the SimonCast. I never listened to Zig I listened to Oldies 104.1 instead

Ebenezer
06-02-2007, 03:59 PM

WGR's purchase of WNSA had little to do with ratings...the Rigas empire was forced to sell out and there was no bidder except for Entercom. Had the Rigas family run a legit business and still owned the Sabres there is good chance WNSA would still be owned by them and on the air.

Michael82
06-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Had the Rigas family run a legit business and still owned the Sabres there is good chance WNSA would still be owned by them and on the air.
and would be 10x better than the douchebags currently on WGR. :sigh:

Ebenezer
06-02-2007, 04:32 PM
and would be 10x better than the douchebags currently on WGR. :sigh:
the douchbags on WGR are the guys from WNSA (Simon and Schoop) without Brinson (who sucked also)..Remember the lineup when WGR went all sports with Entercom? Bauerle and Bulldog in the morning?? Bauerle was/is a moron and Bulldog was out of his element in the morning.

tampabay25690
06-02-2007, 08:55 PM
the douchbags on WGR are the guys from WNSA (Simon and Schoop) without Brinson (who sucked also)..Remember the lineup when WGR went all sports with Entercom? Bauerle and Bulldog in the morning?? Bauerle was/is a moron and Bulldog was out of his element in the morning.

Do u remember the Bob and Ann show on GR...Bob GAughn was good..

Michael82
06-03-2007, 12:43 AM
but the guys were much better on WNSA. For some reason, they weren't all cocky, arrogant, pieces of ****. :ill:

Michael82
06-03-2007, 12:43 AM
i used to listen to that show many times. It was pretty good. :up:

Ebenezer
06-03-2007, 12:48 AM

Yeah, Bob Gaughn was an idiot. He would bring up Salary Cap stuff, I would call and correct him, he would get flabbergasted and then change the subject never to talk about it again. I remember calling them the day Winfield signed with Minnesota. He was going ballistic. I explained to him that they were given a credit for bonuses the year before and had a "salary cap" of about $100 mil and that they were still way under even after signing Winfield...last time he spoke Winfield's name the rest of the show.

Ann was on with the Coach...

G Wolly
06-03-2007, 12:48 AM
will trade Afinogenov3,500,000, Kotalik2,500,000, Kalinin2,250,000 Hecht2,350,000 and Spacek3,475,000 at the draft on June 22nd to free up cap :$:

I agree with letting Kalinin, Spacecake, and Alice leaving, not too sure about Max and Jochen.

Ebenezer
06-03-2007, 12:50 AM
but the guys were much better on WNSA. For some reason, they weren't all cocky, arrogant, pieces of ****. :ill:
Mikey, do you think they just have split personalities because they switched stations....

as much as they don't admit it they have production meetings and go over what they will talk about and what "roles" they will play. They act the way they do to generate interest and get callers into the show.

I would bet that their more "normal" personality is what they displayed on WNSA.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-03-2007, 12:55 AM

not to mention Kevin Sylvester who now is the Sabres host for Sabres Game-night and Shoot-Out the post game show with Rob Ray and Mike Robitaille on MSG.

Ebenezer
06-03-2007, 01:00 AM
not to mention Kevin Sylvester who now is the Sabres host for Sabres Game-night and Shoot-Out the post game show with Rob Ray and Mike Robitaille on MSG.
KS was the straight man...he has a good voice but added little to the show...most of the show was him talking Gaughan down off some rant and "Pauf" was even worse...nothing lost the day they fired those three.