X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

I am starting to warm up to Webster

Does anyone have any faith in him? or am I just being too optimistic?

After reading about him the past few days steadily moving up the depth chart, I started thinking about it.

If the kid was never in atlanta, and we signed him straight out of his time with san fran, we would all be pretty excited and expect him to be the starter. He was given a large contract because he was considered to be an up and coming player who had yet to reach his potential, but was on his way.

Is there any chance that atlanta just has awful secondary coaches or a bad defensive scheme? It seems like everyone in their secondary sucks every year, other than Hall, who was a first round pick..

I don't know. I have high hopes for him. I think we could have a strong nickle back at worst.

flame away.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • BuffaloBillsStampede
    • Aug 2005

Re: I am starting to warm up to Webster

I think hes a solid player until we can upgrade next year.
    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

He'll get beat for 1 in the opener and 70 posters will throw him under the bus.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
        He'll get beat for 1 in the opener and 70 posters will throw him under the bus.
        69, i'll way until game 2's mistake to bury him.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I actually like the cornerback situation of the Bills. Webster is capable of starting. I think his presence will make Youboty work that much harder. Greer has allegedly put on enough extra muscle to address some of his past shortcomings, And Riley Swanson looks like he could be a depth player. All in all it looks pretty competitive. There's no Nate Clements in the group, but in theory Buffalo doesn't need a Nate Clements with the Tampa 2. All they really need are CBs who can play a zone with some discipline and not get suckered. The real question with this defense, that is not going to be answered for a while yet, is can they stop the run.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            If the kid was never in atlanta, and we signed him straight out of his time with san fran, we would all be pretty excited and expect him to be the starter. He was given a large contract because he was considered to be an up and coming player who had yet to reach his potential, but was on his way.
            Thats very Wysian logic there

take away part of his career and have a different outlook on him??

Trust me I saw Webster every Sunday here in Atlanta he was horrendous. He was hurt alot too. I pray he turns it around, he was worse than DeAngelo Falls.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Thats very Wysian logic there

take away part of his career and have a different outlook on him??

Trust me I saw Webster every Sunday here in Atlanta he was horrendous. He was hurt alot too. I pray he turns it around, he was worse than DeAngelo Falls.
              damn you, DB.. dont make that comparison please.

i wasnt trying to make it sound like that.. my point was simply that why is it that he looked better and better in san fran.. i mean clearly he looked to be worth a large deal that he got.. why is it that everyone sucks in atlantas secondary.. no matter what, they all just suck? i dont get it.. i mean hall is overrated, and has been since vtech.. but both safeties suck balls too.. i was simply stating.. could it possibly be that the defensive system sucks there or that the secondary coach is just not good?

clearly for the first 4 years of his career, he looked to be worth the 2nd round pick they spent on him.. why is it he went from good to suck overnight?
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

damn you, DB.. dont make that comparison please.

i wasnt trying to make it sound like that.. my point was simply that why is it that he looked better and better in san fran.. i mean clearly he looked to be worth a large deal that he got.. why is it that everyone sucks in atlantas secondary.. no matter what, they all just suck? i dont get it.. i mean hall is overrated, and has been since vtech.. but both safeties suck balls too.. i was simply stating.. could it possibly be that the defensive system sucks there or that the secondary coach is just not good?

clearly for the first 4 years of his career, he looked to be worth the 2nd round pick they spent on him.. why is it he went from good to suck overnight?

I got your point T, but you know I cant help but give you a good ribbing from time to time
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

you should be an expert on atlanta though.. do you think there is any merit to ANY of what i said?

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

He did play in a cover 2 defense in San Fran. And IMO seemed to fit much better there. I don't believe that he can go from being a pretty good CB to a piece of ****, that fast. No way.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Is there any chance that atlanta just has awful secondary coaches or a bad defensive scheme?
                        Peeless Price was supposed to be a huge up-and-comer when he went to Atlanta, too. Atlanta seems to have a way of knocking players down. Maybe it has something to do with all the dog fighting going on there. That'll totally mess you up.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          He did play in a cover 2 defense in San Fran. And IMO seemed to fit much better there. I don't believe that he can go from being a pretty good CB to a piece of ****, that fast. No way.
                          That's the key right there Mikey. As far as secondary responsibilities, Atlanta liked to bring their safeties up in the box forcing their corners to cover deep. SF played Cover 2 like you said, so the corners had more over the top help. I recall Milloy saying he loved ATL when he signed since he could play in the box more. It looks like even he knew his cover skills were suspect. in Buffalo.

Webster's durability should be our only concern, but if he can stay healthy... I see no reason why he wouldn't lock down the starting position if AY isn't ready.

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

I have high hopes for him.

So do I....Good thread T.......

GO BILLS!!!!!
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Personally, I think he's a scrub.

When a team has a young starter under contract, and he's THAT bad that the team uses not one but two draft picks at corner (Chris Houston, David Irons) it shows what they think of his ability.

Having said that, I'm willing to give him a chance. It's not the other corners on this team have proven anything. Every now and then, a player goes to a new team, changes his game and becomes productive.

But sorry, he has last year's Tutan Reyes and/or Matt Bowens written all over him--- former starters that are just not good enough.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X