PDA

View Full Version : Darcy Regier is a bad GM

starfirestar
03-15-2003, 10:04 AM
He is always the bringer of bad karma. People are excited that the Sabres have an owner, and you know what Darcy Regier says to Josh Mora? "Don't expect us to go out and get a big name free-agent." How does this fool expect fans to come back to the team the way it is now? He has to excite fans. Get us that one guy and fans will come back. They're not going to start winning with a bunch of Tim Connollys on the ice.

WereRat
03-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Well, they very well could win with a bunch of Tim Connollys, just not for a season or two more minimum.

Fat Tony
03-15-2003, 11:44 AM
People tend to forget that he got this team into a Stanley Cup Final and was 1:18 away from getting the Sabres into their 3rd Conference final.

No one complained when he traded for Stu Barnes & Gratton brought in Gilmoure, Juneau, Audette and Heinz for playoff runs in exchange for scrubs, unloaded Dawe, Holzinger, Barnaby, and Grosek

But when dealt a hand that said "No money for Peca" he still managed to get something for nothing. Without the commitment from ownership. Hasek decided to get out. I don't blame Hasek at all either.

Some of the deals the Sabres were snakebit on, Kozlov and Hecht getting injured. I think Rieger should get at least somewhat of an opportunity to get the team righted. I'd give him up tot he lockout at least.

The only big mistake in hindsight was dumping Wolley , who was dogging it. No one forsaw the D getting decimated a few days later with injuries. But the team was bankrupt and in a state of flux

Fat Tony
03-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Look at this season's moves- he didn't just dump one of the 3 goalies- they are an asset and worth more than whatever garbage was offered at the deadline.

Gratton- Briere is equal if not better in the long run. This was Gratton's best year here and he's still average.

Ray- Fan favorite and all- but every end of the season I read that the Sabres are finished with him. And every final home game Ray is out on the Ice giving his goodbye skate to the home fans. The fact we got him for anything is a plus, and Ray deserved and earned to play one more time for a contender.

Varada- Thgey got a #1 pick prospect for him. People were whining he was overpaid and under-producing early in the year.

Barnes- see above. They got a decent prospect for him

Rassmussen- has anybody noticed he left? Another Grosek- so much potential and flashes of brilliance but no consistency.

fushetti
03-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Hey!! A little unfair to Grosek!! He was way better than Rasmussen! heheheeh.

don137
03-15-2003, 01:26 PM
He also turned down a trade Peca for Jarome Iginla straight up

gilperreault
03-15-2003, 02:38 PM
anyone who thinks hes a good gm shood really see a psychloogist....hes done one good trade, the rhett warrener one, and has since lived of the laurels of the muckler wares and hasek, when we went to cup finla, thats right it wasnt regiers work, it was dominik haesk work, the guys done nothin but screw up and hide behind ruff and company, not that ruffs done any better a job..regier will be gone when gloisano takes over, it just to bad it wont be before the seasons done, the guys the bifggest liar that side of great lakes.....

starfirestar
03-15-2003, 03:47 PM
Darcy Regier is not aggressive enough. I think that the fans want a change. I am happy with Lindy Ruff, but not Darcy Regier. People must be dreamin if the Sabres will win the cup in any lifetime as long as Regier is their general manager. How can you people say that the trades he has made are good? They aren't good, and they aren't bad either. They are neutral. Grosek for Gilmour and Dumont was neutral because Dumont is a bust and Gilmour was never here(In a way). Trading Hasek for Kozlov? Are you kidding me? I don't mind the Peca trade, as they got Pyatt out of it. So far, the only trade that he has made that has helped the club in the long run is the Wilson for Warrener trade. He has made only stolen two trades in the time that he has been here. The above deal, and the Gratton for Briere deal.

starfirestar
03-15-2003, 03:48 PM
And quit talking about Matt Barnaby. The guy didn't want to be here. He cried and cried. Same with Peca. He didn't want to be a Buffalo Saber.

Fat Tony
03-15-2003, 04:45 PM
And Hasek wanted to be here?

It was trade me or I'll retire. Actually, it was trade me TO DETROIT or I'll retire. Tell me who was going to cough up an all star for a rent- a goalie.

They got a #1 pick and a 30 goal scorer for the use of a goalie for 8 months. Tell me, who would Starfirestar or gilperrault the GM would have gotten for Hasek.

And please, Rieger traded a slew of guys who can't stay out of the AHL for useable talent that got them near a cup a for a couple of seasons.

Buffarama
03-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Ruff made sure anyone that didn't cower to him was given 4th line duty, bench time and released.
Ruff and Regier both have to go.

Sabre Ally
03-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Since it looks like Ruff is going for sure, I'm willing to give Regier a chance.

The Spaz
03-16-2003, 12:06 AM
I bet that that iginla for peca deal wan't even on the table. Go Sabres!