PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Off On The Wright Foot

patmoran2006
06-02-2007, 08:00 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/89426.html

I really like this kid. I think he and Jackie Battle were the two little-known backs in the draft that are going to be good pros.

Still don't know if he was the right pick given what the Bills really needed and that they took a RB in round one. But only a fool can deny the fact Lynch and Wright have the ability to make the Bills RB one of the better tandems in the league for several years.

patmoran2006
06-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Can't rememeber who it was.

But in another thread, someone compared Lynch/Wright to a potential Thomas/Davis combo.

That's the best comparison I've heard. Probably why Levy drafted Wright as well.

ParanoidAndroid
06-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Could we possibly have 2 RB's that are better than McGahee? I'll laugh my a** off.

HHURRICANE
06-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Maybe we shouldn't have re-signed Thomas and brought in a vet LB instead.

ublinkwescore
06-02-2007, 09:58 AM
maybe we will cut Thomas soon, and bring in a vet LB or CB instead - I think a CB or DT would help us out immensely once we cut a position with great depth (like RB now).

Captain Obvious
06-02-2007, 10:50 AM
SO now Ralph is scouting as well? Maybe Pat's been right the whole time?

Carlton Bailey
06-02-2007, 11:57 AM
I was listening to WGR 550 in the car last night, and someone phoned in saying he met Wright, and that Wright is bound and determined to make a fool of every team that passed on him. He was told by front office execs, coaches, etc. that he would go no later than Round 2. Wright apparently has a chip on his shoulder that he went so late, and he has moved to Buffalo permanently.

I'm already enamored by the kid.

Talk0fNewYork
06-02-2007, 02:00 PM
He's a healthier faster Michael Bush.

YardRat
06-02-2007, 04:55 PM
I can't wait to see what this re-tooled offense looks like this season.

Mitchy moo
06-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow, this is great and Pat's turning the corner on homerism.

raphael120
06-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I was listening to WGR 550 in the car last night, and someone phoned in saying he met Wright, and that Wright is bound and determined to make a fool of every team that passed on him. He was told by front office execs, coaches, etc. that he would go no later than Round 2. Wright apparently has a chip on his shoulder that he went so late, and he has moved to Buffalo permanently.

I'm already enamored by the kid.

THAT is what I want to hear about our players. Moving to Buffalo permanently...showing the rest of the league that THEY suck and the BILLS will be the ones to laugh last.

With so much people counting us out for so long...i REALLY hope that we're the ones shutting everyone else up...ESPN, SI, NFLN, etc...STFU!

ghz in pittsburgh
06-02-2007, 10:29 PM
It actually dampened my hope on Wright. I admit I know nothing about him prior to the Bills drafting him. But then I started to read that people were noticing him in rookie camps and OTAs that he has a nose for holes and cutback lanes. That got my attention. To me RBs having an instinct for where to go is far more important than the speed and power that people love to talk about in draft evaluations. It's like comparing the brain power of a man to so many other animals who have far more strength and speed than man ever had and never will.

I begin to think about Emmit Smith, Terrell Davis, Curtis Martin, until now that I found out Mr. Wilson is the one who pushed for Wright. Well, that sort of killed it all. Who's Ralph Wilson? What has he done in the past to qualify him for talent evaluation?

FlyingDutchman
06-03-2007, 12:10 AM
I can't believe some of you are getting hot and bothered over a late round rookie RB. We had a great RB and he's going to be sorely missed this season especially if our line plays better.

First of all. Its a saturday night, and your on a web page of a team you dont even like. I think its time to answer the call from Smith & Wesson. Second of all, how well did willis produce last year and was what was his attitude like? third, i cant believe i actually responded to your usual moronic repsponse

Carlton Bailey
06-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Who's Ralph Wilson? What has he done in the past to qualify him for talent evaluation?

He's been a part of the AFL/NFL for 46 years. I'm critical of Ralph at the right times, but I think he knows more about talent than you give him credit for.

Spiderweb
06-04-2007, 01:59 AM
.......... Who's Ralph Wilson? What has he done in the past to qualify him for talent evaluation?

Surely this is a touch of sarcasm......