Watched all of the Bills camp video/interviews and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Watched all of the Bills camp video/interviews and...

After watching the stuff posted on the Bills site, etc. here's some comments:

1) Schobel is a loner. Based on his comments he has zero interest in being a leader, other than by example.

2) Offense already has a swagger. I think they are going to be very, very good this year!!!

3) Coy Wire already looks less than stellar and at 220 pounds anybody who thinks he's going to be an effective LB is kidding themselves.

4) In general this team is lacking leadership. It may develop but other than JP and maybe Crowell I'm not seeing it.

The Bills offense looks like a veteran group and the D looks like they can't find their head from their butt. IMO.
  • kybillsfan
    • Apr 2007

Re: Watched all of the Bills camp video/interviews and...

They will find their leaders when the time comes that they need a leader. As for Wire, his strength is his ability to get physical, something you wont see in the OTA. He is also learning his new position. Its still early, give it time.
    "Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons." Ron Paul

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kybillsfan
      They will find their leaders when the time comes that they need a leader. As for Wire, his strength is his ability to get physical, something you wont see in the OTA. He is also learning his new position. Its still early, give it time.
      When the LB coach is already saying that he has to "play with leverage because he lacks the strength and size" I don't want him on my roster. I think five years of mediocrity out of Wire is enough.

How many good 220/lb linebackers are there in the league? I'm being serious? Does anybody even know?

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Just the fact that you think all you say is fact based on various two minute clips of no pads and half speed practices ...

edited...attack the post, not the poster, gr8.
        Last edited by shelby; 06-02-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

1) Schobel is a loner. Based on his comments he has zero interest in being a leader, other than by example.

2) Offense already has a swagger. I think they are going to be very, very good this year!!!

3) Coy Wire already looks less than stellar and at 220 pounds anybody who thinks he's going to be an effective LB is kidding themselves.

4) In general this team is lacking leadership. It may develop but other than JP and maybe Crowell I'm not seeing it.

The Bills offense looks like a veteran group and the D looks like they can't find their head from their butt. IMO.
          Generally a leader IS someone that leads by example. You are very perceptive if you can garner all these observations from a couple of video clips.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

When the LB coach is already saying that he has to "play with leverage because he lacks the strength and size" I don't want him on my roster. I think five years of mediocrity out of Wire is enough.

How many good 220/lb linebackers are there in the league? I'm being serious? Does anybody even know?
            Cato June is 227.... I think Coy is trying to get near 225. If he can and maintains his speed maybe he could well at WLB or even at SLB.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I think Poz will evolve, sooner than later, as the leader of our D. Even though he's young, he seems to have the intelligence, maturity and motivation to take over that unit.

I also think that the D will make some mistakes due to inexperience, but it will be a motivated, eager, and exciting bunch to watch. As I've said before, I'd rather watch these young guys develop, than the likes of Milloy, Vincent, Robinson, etc. stumbling around the field trying to keep up.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

i think i am the only Coy Wire fan on this board.
                Everyone here hated him as a safety and considered him mediocre as a special teamer...therefore he was eating up valuable roster space.

Give the guy a chance to adjust to LB. If he isn't doing a good job midseason, then he can be moved back to ST.

He has an amazing work ethic and drive to succeed. i think he may surprise all y'all.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Shelton Quarles is 225 and plays MLB for the Bucs . Ernie Sims is 221 and had an amazing season as a rookie last year.

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

He's retiring. He'll be missed down here. He made a great impact for the Bucs.

Comment

• streetkings01
                      • Jul 2006

I think I'll wait until atleast training camp before forming an opinion on this team!
                      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

IMO!!!!!

Based enitrely on what I saw and heard on the video clips!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          Shelton Quarles is 225 and plays MLB for the Bucs . Ernie Sims is 221 and had an amazing season as a rookie last year.
                          My questions was legit on this. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                            • Sep 2003

Video scouting arrives in the NFL...BRILLIANT! <_<

PTR
                            10 Commandments of the D
                            1. Never stop Rocking.
                            2. Legalize all drugs.
                            3. Quit your day job.
                            4. All Religion should be taxed.
                            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                            6. F**k her gently.
                            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• evol4276
                              • Oct 2005

do u think maybe lee culd come up and lead? i mean he seems like he would be someboyd who could do that.. a very team-oriented guy who wants the best for the team. maybe he's not vocal enough? hell i dont know just an idea

Comment

Working...
                              X