PDA

View Full Version : "Everett Looking For Progress"

Tatonka
06-02-2007, 10:12 PM
If this kid could show why we spent a first day pick on him, it would be huge for our offense.

Kevin Everett is a potential breakthrough performer for the Buffalo Bills this year.

The 6-foot-5, 255-pound tight end is one of the young players on the team who has the talent to become not just an average player but an impact player. He’s also at the point in his career, entering his second full season on the field and third overall, at which his breakthrough could happen.

The question is: Can a guy who caught one pass for 1 yard for the entire 2006 season make a big step forward?

The Bills have seen reason to be hopeful through the first six days of spring practices.

“We’ll see, but I’ve certainly liked what I’ve seen from Kevin Everett the past week,” said Bills offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild. “I really do. I think his whole demeanor, his attention to detail, it looks good. He just looks very comfortable, and when he’s comfortable he’s a very talented guy.” Everett was a third-round pick of the Bills in 2005 out of the University of Miami. He missed his entire first season because he tore up his knee on the first day of his rookie minicamp.

He was ready for training camp last summer, but it took him awhile to shake off the rust from his knee injury, and it took him longer to adjust to the Bills’ new offense.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/87933.html?imw=Y

lordofgun
06-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Fairchild doesn't use TEs as passing weapons, so hopefully he's an impact blocker. :::

Tatonka
06-02-2007, 10:18 PM
i disagree.. royal was used more and more as the season went on last year.. i think if jp likes throwing to him, they will find a way to use him.

SABURZFAN
06-02-2007, 10:22 PM
it's a big IF but anything over 1 pass reception and 1 yard IS an improvement.

jamze132
06-03-2007, 04:04 AM
Everett is going to have a monster season in 2007 if we get consisent QB play from Edwards or Losman.
Edwards? Come on guy.

YardRat
06-03-2007, 04:48 AM
I'm not holding my breath on this one.

SABURZFAN
06-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Edwards? Come on guy.

he means that Edwards will get playing time when we blow out a few teams. :up:

Jan Reimers
06-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't think any of us should plan on it, but Everett's emergence as a quality TE would be a tremendous boost for our offense. It sounds like the light might just be coming in.

HHURRICANE
06-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Everett is close to being great or not on our roster. If he's anything less than great he won't make the roster.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-03-2007, 09:21 AM
No offense but the only way he can go is up.

Scumbag College
06-03-2007, 10:30 AM
If he can block, I'd like to see a guy like him used as an H-Back. With his size and speed, he might cause matchup problems.

SABURZFAN
06-03-2007, 10:33 AM
If he can block, I'd like to see a guy like him used as an H-Back. With his size and speed, he might cause matchup problems.

i nominate Scumbag College as our Offensive Coordinator. :up:

ParanoidAndroid
06-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Fairchild doesn't use TEs as passing weapons, so hopefully he's an impact blocker. :::

Except for that rollout and pass to the TE they like to use with JP, TE's were not used much. Some of it has to do with the fact that they were kept in to help block.

Scumbag College
06-03-2007, 11:55 AM
i nominate Scumbag College as our Offensive Coordinator. :up:

Double reverse flea flicker every other play!

ublinkwescore
06-03-2007, 12:30 PM
he means that Edwards will get playing time when we blow out a few teams. :up:

I knew you didn't hate Losman - you little $#!t!

Welcome back Sab.