• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Five Bills to keep an eye on

Cornerback Ashton Youboty — There has been a lot of crabbing about the Bills not drafting a cornerback in April to replace the departed Nate Clements, but Youboty was the sixth cornerback taken in the 2006 draft and he has an impressive resume. He starred with Ohio State’s superb defenses, covered the best receivers in the Big Ten and each day in practice dealt with three Buckeyes who went on to become first-round draftees, Santonio Holmes, Ted Ginn Jr. and Anthony Gonzalez.

Rookie middle linebacker Paul Posluszny — A week before the draft GM Marv Levy volunteered that “we need a run stuffer.” Undersized London Fletcher was a tackling machine, but unless he had someone the size of Sam Adams or Ted Washington playing in front of him, many of his tackles came 3 or 4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. No less than Hall of Famer Jack Ham calls Posluszny “the greatest Penn State linebacker ever.”

Guard Derrick Dockery — The most important free agent signing, Dockery gives the Bills the potential for something, along with left tackle Jason Peters, they haven’t had in years. That’s a blocking combination that has the ability to move the pile and allow the ball carrier to produce the short yardage that allows drives to continue to the goal line.

Tight end Kevin Everett — Not since Jay Riemersma’s productive seasons in 2001-2002 have the Bills had a tight end who actually worried opposing pass defenses. Everett has good receiving skills but a knee injury and then slow rehab kept him from even approaching his potential. His late blossoming would be a gift for J.P. Losman.

Quarterback J.P. Losman — Losman improved measurably last season and now the plans of offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild have expanded to four- and five-receiver sets. What enemy defensive back could handle Roscoe Parrish as Losman’s fourth or fifth receiver? Dockery and the other line newcomers could make life less hazardous for J.P. Rookie running back Marshawn Lynch could be a more explosive complement to the quarterback than Willis McGahee. But breakthrough season? We won’t be sure of that until the snow flies.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Five Bills to keep an eye on

I agree with the list except for Derrick Dockery. It should have been Langston Walker.

Dockery will be fine. Walker is the one, that if he plays well, will lock this line up for years.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

My five players to keep an eye on would be:

1. Youboty
      2. Angelo Crowell
      3. Roscoe Parrish
      4. Ko Simpson
      5. Losman

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        I agree with the list except for Derrick Dockery. It should have been Langston Walker.

Dockery will be fine. Walker is the one, that if he plays well, will lock this line up for years.
        Marv said that he is focusing on the Walker contract this week, keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I'd have to add McCargo to any list, since his health and development will be key to how well we play the run.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
            Marv said that he is focusing on the Walker contract this week, keep your fingers crossed.
            I think HH meant Langston, not Darwin.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I think HH meant Langston, not Darwin.
              Yes, thank you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

my 5 that i keep an eye on......

youboty
                everett
                walker
                poz
                all of our DT's
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I think I'll be looking at the whole team.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                  X