PDA

View Full Version : Pats Talking To Sam Adams

gr8slayer
06-03-2007, 09:19 AM
The Patriots have had talks with representatives for free agent Sam Adams.
Bill Belichick is a fan of the 342-pound Adams, who could help back up Vince Wilfork on the nose. An Adams signing may not be good news for Mike Wright.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Apparently, the Pats are taking their new motto from the Statue of Liberty, "Give me your tired, your poor. . . "

Goobylal
06-03-2007, 09:40 AM
The Pats have officially become the Yankees. I expect them to have similar results this year.

SABURZFAN
06-03-2007, 10:42 AM
i think 342 lbs is being generous. :fat:

streetkings01
06-03-2007, 11:08 AM
More and more, I'm starting to believe that this is Billichickens last year as HC!

G. Host
06-03-2007, 11:09 AM
I think that the Patriots have mixed him up with the beer.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Wow, are the Pats getting old. If they sign Adams (34), he will join Seau (38), James (34), Kyle Brady (35), and Moss, Morris and Thomas (all 30 by the start of the season) as some of their key off season signings.

They will join the likes of Hawkins (32), Harrison (34), Bruschi (34), Vrabel (32), Colvin (30 during the season), Scott (33), Izzo (33) and the soon-to-be 30 Tom Brady.

They are definitely loading up for Belichick's last hurrah.

YardRat
06-03-2007, 11:22 AM
This is the year Brady misses games due to injury.

Write it down.

Dozerdog
06-03-2007, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't call them the Yankees- since they spend as much as everyone else.

But they are getting some top talent at discount prices. Most of these geezers are going to be backups/role players anyway. Tell me- would you rather have Tim Anderson , Brad Ciesak , and Mario Haggan or Sam Adams, Kyle Brady, and Jr Seau as backups?

If I were a Pats fan I'd be concerned if they were the Pat's starters - but as depth this is good for them.

Look at it this way guys- Looks like Bill Belichick wants to win one more before quitting. If they win it this year with the stacked line up- then it hastenes his retirement in my eyes. If that's the case, I hope they go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl and get his butt out of there sooner.

streetkings01
06-03-2007, 11:27 AM
This is the year Brady misses games due to injury.

Write it down.:xtreme: :monkeyp: Tom Brady

Elminster
06-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't call them the Yankees- since they spend as much as everyone else.

But they are getting some top talent at discount prices. Most of these geezers are going to be backups/role players anyway. Tell me- would you rather have Tim Anderson , Brad Ciesak , and Mario Haggan or Sam Adams, Kyle Brady, and Jr Seau as backups?

If I were a Pats fan I'd be concerned if they were the Pat's starters - but as depth this is good for them.

Look at it this way guys- Looks like Bill Belichick wants to win one more before quitting. If they win it this year with the stacked line up- then it hastenes his retirement in my eyes. If that's the case, I hope they go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl and get his butt out of there sooner.
Actually, yes. I would. Because at least then I'd still have depth in place when everyone retires...rather than nothing at all. The end....is in sight. This division some day soon, shall belong to us and the Jests....

ublinkwescore
06-03-2007, 12:38 PM
More and more, I'm starting to believe that this is Billichickens last year as HC!

I hope so, and I hope he goes out the same way that Shula went out - without a superbowl win.

Dozerdog
06-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Actually, yes. I would. Because at least then I'd still have depth in place when everyone retires...rather than nothing at all. The end....is in sight. This division some day soon, shall belong to us and the Jests....

I think the Pats won't have to worry about long term depth.

They have some magic formula that gets them the experienced vet on sale while continually working the draft to near perfection. Weak draft year? Just trade their picks and bank them for a stronger draft.

They are the 49'ers from the 1980's. They would also get a lot of older washed up Vets for depth. Smerlas, Joe Cribbs, Charles Romes, Jim Burt, you name it.

Tatonka
06-03-2007, 05:59 PM
it must be so cool to be a pats fan.

patmoran2006
06-03-2007, 07:03 PM
1- Adams will be a backup. THat's a pretty good backup.

2- Yes, NE is getting old in some places, especially LB. Unfortunately for the competition, they got TWO first rounders and TWO third rounders next year to get more young talent when they need it.

Ickybaluky
06-04-2007, 07:10 AM
It looks like the Pats were just kicking the tires. According to today's Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_6054090) the Broncos are close to signing Adams to a 1-Yr deal.

Good signing for them (if it happens), as they a guy like him to stuff the run on early downs.