PDA

View Full Version : viewed some games myself

evol4276
06-03-2007, 07:59 PM
that JP is the man. I mean he makes some dumb moves, but I mean when he's on he can't be stopped. He is a freakin mad man when rolling around in the backfield. I watched great pass after great pass that were completed by his having to roll out one way or another (not nessecarily a good thing though..) but i mean if he can do that scrambling, imagine what he can do when he doesnt have to run. Now dont get me wrong tho.. ill be the first to admit i am not really good at analyzing positions during the game, especially defense. But Ive also seen that Triplett has made himself more of a factor than some claim. Some passed his season off as Tim Anderson part 2, but he did make big plays here and there. He isnt on all the time but he still is an upgrade to what we had I believe. And with the addition of Walker if he decides to get his head out of his ass, our line very well may be a lot better this year. Im actually expecting it. Also Kelsay seemed good enough to me for the games i saw. I didnt watch em all yet but i watch most from the second half of the season. Another thing while Im jumping around positions nonchalantly. Robert Royal definately makes me feel better about our TE situation. His obnoxious almost gallop out of the endzone in the Titan game says otherwise, but he is a good TE. I also still really like Cieslak.. dont ask why I just do. Evans is great. Obviously. Parrish, who I still love, has really good flashes on offense when he can get the hell open. He's small but he is a good player. Um i think thats all i wanna say. Im not doing much of defense because, again, I am not well versed in the defense. So yea take whatever with a grain of salt and remember: I dont analyze much. U guys Im sure know most of this already anyways.. but hey whatever. Thats my take on it.

Mitchy moo
06-03-2007, 08:16 PM
I'll take a pocket of protection vs him running for his life.

evol4276
06-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I'll take a pocket of protection vs him running for his life. agreed. i think he can be as effective if not more when he doesnt have to worry about hi-tailing it around

gr8slayer
06-03-2007, 09:44 PM
One thing people don't seem to get about Tripplett or the DT's is it's not all about numbers. Getting pressure on a QB is just as good as a sack in a lot of cases. Pressure, which Tripplett dished out often forces stupid throws by QB's and leads to INT's which is what the T2 is all about.

Tatonka
06-03-2007, 11:35 PM
jp did look very good in almost every game the second half of the season (all but baltimore, but it is not like they are a **** defense)... and i am extremely confident that he will build off of that.

Pinkerton Security
06-04-2007, 07:20 AM
jp did look very good in almost every game the second half of the season (all but baltimore, but it is not like they are a **** defense)... and i am extremely confident that he will build off of that.

Ya, I remember watching each game as the season progressed that I was completely comfortable with JP in the game. Even if we were losing, I had confidence that he would do something to get us back into the game. I expect more of that this year. My fear (simply from being a Bills fan) transferred from JP to our D. Lets hope they can step up this year!

don137
06-04-2007, 07:53 AM
I also think Lynch will have a much better season than McGahee for a couple reasons: 1) McGahee is NOT the same back as he was in college and IMO Lynch right now is a better back than McGahee 2) much better offensive line to run behind.
This will only help JP become a better QB. A better line and a better RB not to mention a year more mature, the same offense as last year so he does not have to learn something from square one and he showed much more consistency after the bye week all are reasons for optimism this year for JP and this Bills offense.

HHURRICANE
06-04-2007, 08:16 AM
I wactched the Jags game last night and I've now decided that a rookie LB (Poz) might be better on day one than Fletcher.

I watched him get burned so many times in that game. He got badly beat for a TD in the red-zone. Than on 4th and 13 with a minute left Girard makes a 14 yard gallop that Fletcher decided to make the highlight reel on instead of tackling. He missed the tackle completely and the Jags went on to tie up the game.

OpIv37
06-04-2007, 12:35 PM
One thing people don't seem to get about Tripplett or the DT's is it's not all about numbers. Getting pressure on a QB is just as good as a sack in a lot of cases. Pressure, which Tripplett dished out often forces stupid throws by QB's and leads to INT's which is what the T2 is all about.

but we only had 13 INT's last year and the players responsible for 7 of them (Nate and Fletch) are gone. So, I'd say our DT's (Tripplett included) weren't particularly effective in that regard last year either.

One thing people are forgetting: maybe it's not all about the numbers, but that doesn't necessarily mean a player played well. It wasn't like we were watching games and hearing "Larry Tripplett is in the QB's face AGAIN". He was ineffectual for all but a handful of games.

OpIv37
06-04-2007, 12:36 PM
I wactched the Jags game last night and I've now decided that a rookie LB (Poz) might be better on day one than Fletcher.

I watched him get burned so many times in that game. He got badly beat for a TD in the red-zone. Than on 4th and 13 with a minute left Girard makes a 14 yard gallop that Fletcher decided to make the highlight reel on instead of tackling. He missed the tackle completely and the Jags went on to tie up the game.

there was also at least one or two games where Fletcher was great- you can't base it all on one game.

don137
06-04-2007, 12:45 PM
but we only had 13 INT's last year and the players responsible for 7 of them (Nate and Fletch) are gone. So, I'd say our DT's (Tripplett included) weren't particularly effective in that regard last year either.

One thing people are forgetting: maybe it's not all about the numbers, but that doesn't necessarily mean a player played well. It wasn't like we were watching games and hearing "Larry Tripplett is in the QB's face AGAIN". He was ineffectual for all but a handful of games.

Need to put the blame on the lack of sacks on the front 7 just as mu as the secondary. Usually interceptions are caused by putting pressure on the QB and the QB releasing the ball sooner than it wants to. It then up to the secondary to intercept the pass. We need Ellison, Crowell and Kelsey add much more pressure on the QB other than Schoebel.

Meathead
06-04-2007, 12:53 PM
if ive said it once ive said it a billion times, jp will be flutie with six more inches

im so pumped my heads gonna explode

and i never exaggerate