I have no idea how to start a poll so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

I have no idea how to start a poll so...

I for one fell that with all the inconsistancy of whether it's a goal or not a goal when the puck goes off a player into the net needs to be addressed. I really feel that if a player in anyway, intentionally or not, deflects a puck into the opposing teams net by any means other than a part of a stick, that means skate, shin pad, their head, butt, etc., it is a no goal. The interpretation of the refs and Toronto would then not come into play and save the NHL, its players and its fans all the embarrasment and frustration that has been apart of the playoffs this year. Either that or make it a rule anyway a puck goes into the net it's considered a goal.

The second option would obviously change the game dramatically. Gone would be skill and in would be jungle hockey. I really feel that this has to be looked at this off season.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: I have no idea how to start a poll so...

...you can't take away honest deflections...too many goals are scored when the puck hits another offensive player without that player having intent to deflect it.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

Re: I have no idea how to start a poll so...

You can take them away, just as the NFL took away fumbling into the endzone, just as the NHL took the skate in the crease away. The NHL was considering making it an automatic icing with out the puck having to be touched by a player. I wouldn't like to see that because of the hustle from the team icing the puck. But its a rule change they have been toying with. It's not like icing which happens so often during a game, it would only effect a few goals every few games, but a few goals less isn't going to hurt the game. I think it adds more credibility.
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

Working...
      X