PDA

View Full Version : Tank Johnson Gets 8 Game Ban

gil
06-04-2007, 02:40 PM
The Pacman people will whine about this, and it is weird since this guy actually did time:

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced Monday Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6806) will be suspended eight games as part of the league's new conduct policy.

Goodell did give Johnson the chance to reduce the suspension to six games if he meets certain conditions. The league notified Johnson he could reduce the suspension by two games if he has no further adverse involvement with the law, complies with all the league requirements and doesn't participate in any practices or organized team workouts during the suspenson.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2892889

CuseJetsFan83
06-04-2007, 02:51 PM
The Pacman people will whine about this, and it is weird since this guy actually did time:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2892889

does the suspension refer to seasonal games only or would his minicamp/training camp time be illegal too?

PECKERWOOD
06-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Holy cow, didn't think the Comish would follow through with his 'plan.'

gil
06-04-2007, 02:56 PM
does the suspension refer to seasonal games only or would his minicamp/training camp time be illegal too?

From what I read, he can participate in OTA's and even pre-season games - the suspension will relate to 8 games during the regular season.

streetkings01
06-04-2007, 03:07 PM
The new Commish is not playing around!

Bling
06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the comish is acting tough? Like he's pushing his limit? I think Tank would have gotten the hint after 4 games.

PECKERWOOD
06-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the comish is acting tough? Like he's pushing his limit? I think Tank would have gotten the hint after 4 games.

Not sure, but I can't wait to see what happens with Joey Porter.

CuseJetsFan83
06-04-2007, 03:37 PM

i think porter and justin miller will get 4-8 games but, too will get the good behavior clause because they are "first timers"

Bling
06-04-2007, 03:48 PM

John Clayton seems to think Joey Porter is getting no time.

CuseJetsFan83
06-04-2007, 03:57 PM
John Clayton seems to think Joey Porter is getting no time.

yeah, well they also dont take well to "detrimental" incidents and so far are taking the hardass approach.....

granted its not as severe as say, hording weapons, dogfighting, or X ammount of incidents in so many years......... but its still an arrest that both porter and miller will end up paying for......... granted it may not necissarily be 8 games like tank, and others, but i think it will be more than just a fine...... im thinking if they do NOT suspend, they will be kept very closely to the league offices

DynaPaul
06-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Vick should get a full year suspension after his herpes, water bottle, and dogfighting incidents. Just like Pacman. ::wocka wocka wocka::

Michael82
06-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Nice job, Commish! :bf1:

But I still won't believe he's really serious until I see that piece of **** from Atlanta get suspended for at least half the season.

DraftBoy
06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Vick should get a full year suspension after his herpes, water bottle, and dogfighting incidents. Just like Pacman. ::wocka wocka wocka::

You wanna suspend the man for contracting an STD? Wow your rough man.

Bling
06-04-2007, 05:07 PM
yeah, well they also dont take well to "detrimental" incidents and so far are taking the hardass approach.....

granted its not as severe as say, hording weapons, dogfighting, or X ammount of incidents in so many years......... but its still an arrest that both porter and miller will end up paying for......... granted it may not necissarily be 8 games like tank, and others, but i think it will be more than just a fine...... im thinking if they do NOT suspend, they will be kept very closely to the league offices

So the law enforcement feels it's worth a fine, but you the Jet fan + the other Bills fans on this board thinks it's worth games suspensions. Not a game. Games. Ok...

BillsFever21
06-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Tank did time for his stuff and Goodell is probably taking that into consideration since he did pay for some of his actions and not just get away with all of them like Pac Man. Plus he has only ran into trouble with the law 2 or 3 times and not 11 times in 2 years like Pac Man.

DynaPaul
06-04-2007, 10:52 PM
You wanna suspend the man for contracting an STD? Wow your rough man.

No, for giving it to that girl without telling her he had it.

MTBillsFan
06-04-2007, 10:58 PM
The real test for the commish is IF he pursues something with Vick. This isn't a small market nobody. THE ENTIRE CITY OF ATLANTA will want Goodells head!
However, he needs to stick to his guns like Tank Johnson and slap some people around like Pacman and then buy everyone a drink without checking ID's ala Chris Henry...

CuseJetsFan83
06-05-2007, 01:56 AM
So the law enforcement feels it's worth a fine, but you the Jet fan + the other Bills fans on this board thinks it's worth games suspensions. Not a game. Games. Ok...

well law enforcement has no say on the suspensions for the NFL.....

honestly justin miller and porter both deserve an NFL fine, albeit probably much less since they have owned up, and will most likely get a small suspension, to prove they are going to be serious (4 games - 8 games)

if your gonna suspend chris henry (8 games and isnt fighting it) and pacman jones (numerous run ins, but no actual indictments/charges right??... for that full season suspension), IMO (my opinion, remember that) vick should get 8 games minimum if he is charged in the dog fighting scandal, plus the other things may come back to haunt him...

it may not be popular, but every case will have to be treated individually.

the only thing i kinda question would be, in the case of someone who is falsely accused, and say charged, but later drop..... would the NFLPA sue for damages?

Pinkerton Security
06-05-2007, 06:36 AM
well law enforcement has no say on the suspensions for the NFL.....

honestly justin miller and porter both deserve an NFL fine, albeit probably much less since they have owned up, and will most likely get a small suspension, to prove they are going to be serious (4 games - 8 games)

if your gonna suspend chris henry (8 games and isnt fighting it) and pacman jones (numerous run ins, but no actual indictments/charges right??... for that full season suspension), IMO (my opinion, remember that) vick should get 8 games minimum if he is charged in the dog fighting scandal, plus the other things may come back to haunt him...

it may not be popular, but every case will have to be treated individually.

the only thing i kinda question would be, in the case of someone who is falsely accused, and say charged, but later drop..... would the NFLPA sue for damages?

I think, if he is charged, Vick should get a min. of 1 year suspension. I suppose he hasnt had as many incidents as Pacman, but as you say, Pacman hasnt even been charged with anything yet. If Vick gets charged (and it seems more and more that they could charge him w. the evidence they have), he is gonna be slapped with a pretty hefty fine.

I think Tank Johnson got we he deserved. I also think Porter and Miller will get perhaps 2 games each, not bc I am hating on the Phins or Jets, but bc the commish is cracking down hard, and it seems that they will get something.

Michael82
06-05-2007, 07:41 AM
The real test for the commish is IF he pursues something with Vick. This isn't a small market nobody. THE ENTIRE CITY OF ATLANTA will want Goodells head!
However, he needs to stick to his guns like Tank Johnson and slap some people around like Pacman and then buy everyone a drink without checking ID's ala Chris Henry...
Great post! :bf1:

patmoran2006
06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
I dont think Porter will get suspended at all.