PDA

View Full Version : Schobel rumor

lightningbolt444
06-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Aaron Schobel has reportedly been mentioned in trade rumors among league personnel people. Washington could be a fit.
It would be quite a surprise for Buffalo to give up their best defensive linemen. In the same post on Redskins Insider, the Bills are mentioned as one of the few teams to show any interest in Alex Brown. Schobel wants more money after Buffalo shelled out huge bucks to lesser players.
Source: Washington Post (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/06/dline_update.html?nav=rss_blog)

This would be one of the worst things buffalo could do at this point. The guy is probably one of the most underrated players in the league and the most consistant player on either side of the ball for the bills the last 3-4 years besides moorman

Mr. Miyagi
06-04-2007, 03:02 PM
So we're going to trade away Schobel because we can't afford his big contract, and go sign Alex Brown to a big contract?

Crisis
From the very top of that article.

Alright, I'm just going to start throwing stuff up here today and for the foreseeable future, trying to empty out the 'ol notebook of stuff I gathered while away from the blog.

PECKERWOOD
There is no way we trade Schobel away for peanuts.

OpIv37
seems like mere speculation at this point, but I'd be extremely pissed if this actually happened.

DraftBoy
06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
If there is any deal being had, it better bring us another 1st, and some talent....hell what am I saying, this would be a dumb idea.

justasportsfan
06-04-2007, 03:26 PM
that's an old rumor from the same Newpaper :rolleyes: Don't they have anything else to talk about in redskins land? How's Posey? How's Vincent? How's fletcher?

feldspar
06-04-2007, 03:47 PM
One thing is for sure: Schobel need to be given more money.

There is no way we trade Schobel right now. No way.

OpIv37
06-04-2007, 03:50 PM
that's an old rumor from the same Newpaper :rolleyes: Don't they have anything else to talk about in redskins land? How's Posey? How's Vincent? How's fletcher?

I think they cut Vincent.

Maybe they can talk about their draft picks. Oh wait, they only have like 2.

justasportsfan
06-04-2007, 04:14 PM
i I don't know how anyone can complain about a contract they signed prior to the CBA. SChobel was happy with the contract when he re-signed. I'm sure Aaron knew Kelsay was gonna get paid more based on the new CBA.

It almost seems like GW is spreading that rumor to the washingtonpost so he can grab Aaron.

DynaPaul
06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
We're not trading Schobel. There's no way we just trade away our best D lineman. Fletcher and Spikes, sure those guys were on the decline and overpaid. But not Schobel. He'll get some extra dough soon enough.

BillsFever21
06-04-2007, 04:31 PM
It doesn't matter if it was signed before the new CBA or not. The guy is severely underpaid NOW. Even at the time he signed the contract it was still far less then others got paid for his age and production level. When he signed the contract he took a big discount then he couldn't gotten other places and was underpaid compared to other DE's with his production and in their prime. Now with the new CBA and you have bums like Chris Kelsay making more then him of course he would have a reason to be upset.

What if you started at a job that wasn't making much money and got paid an X amount for their available funds at the time. Then two years later the company had millions of more available dollars to spend and they hired some new guy into the company who had half of the talent and production as you and they were paying him 50% more then you just because when he got hired the company had more money to spend and didn't re-compensate you for the extra money when you were the best employee in your department. Would you be upset or would you say "When I got hired this is what I agreed to work for and I was happy with it then so I shouldn't be *****ing about it now"

I highly doubt you would be a happy soldier because you were content with them wages at that time. Especially if you knew the market for your abilities was twice as much if you went and worked for another company.

Schobel is a great player and the best player on our defense. He should be compensated for his abilites for the new era in the NFL and shouldn't be taking a backseast to Chris Kelsay.

He has always been a leader and has done whatever the Bills wanted him to do. The Bills shouldn't be so cheap and give him the money that he deserves now. They got a hometown discount when he signed the contract and now he is grossly underpaid.

NFL players look at this type of stuff when they are a FA and are deciding on whether they want to stay or join your team. If you didn't show any respect for the best players on your team and compensate them then why would they believe it would be any different if they joined the team. Not just for personal reasons but team reasons also. They wouldn't believe very strongly in their mind that the team they are thinking about joining would be willing to spend the money to keep or add players to the team or keep them happy when they are doing a good job.

Schobel is even better now then he was when he signed the contract and he should be compensated for it.

TigerJ
06-04-2007, 04:52 PM
It certainly wouldn't be the first time someone from one team (Washington) started a rumor about a player from another team (Schobel) to try and stir the pot and get something started.

Buffatexas
06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Schobel is even better now then he was when he signed the contract and he should be compensated for it.

With that said, his agent should have been smart enough to have the contract incentive laden so this would not be an issue.

Yasgur's Farm
06-04-2007, 06:08 PM
This is a re-issue of an old reporting. Sometimes sports writers just like to speculate so they can keep their action rolling.

shelby
06-05-2007, 04:31 AM
What???!??!?!?

YardRat
06-05-2007, 05:27 AM
Not happenin'.

madness
06-05-2007, 07:48 AM
:spam:

ublinkwescore
06-05-2007, 08:08 AM
It certainly wouldn't be the first time someone from one team (Washington) started a rumor about a player from another team (Schobel) to try and stir the pot and get something started.

If we do find any merit in this, we need to start a Gregg Williams smere campaign - no wait, we need to hope that Gibbs stinks it up again so Manboobs will ruin the redskins even further.

ublinkwescore
06-05-2007, 08:10 AM
What???!??!?!?

That's one of our newest trolls.

Wys Guy
06-05-2007, 09:59 AM
So we're going to trade away Schobel because we can't afford his big contract, and go sign Alex Brown to a big contract?

What's the matter Miyagi, doncha like Levy's plan? What happened to notions that he knows what he's doing? And why do you think that Schobel would all of a sudden feel slighted? Hmmm, tough one, huh.

LMAO

You guys just need to wait until it comes to full fruition. This is just the beginning. As if this kind of stuff isn't completely predictable. I should have predicted it. Oh, ... wait, ... I did.

LOL

Come on now, why be so down. Let Levy completely destroy this team before you get all your hopes up. Next year I'm sure there will be plenty more extremely high risk players like L. Walker that we can grossly overpay.

One or two more seasons and we'll have the NFL's "most overpaid" team.

I trust that Levy knows what he's doing though.

So keep supporting him! That's important.

Vive La Levy!!

Wys Guy
06-05-2007, 10:03 AM
BTW, I wouldn't give rumors like this the time of day.

Schobel will be in camp. He'll want more money, but he's too classy to be like that. He's one of the classiest guys on the team.

Too kneejerk around here.

Schobel also knows he's on the downside and has little leverage. The Bills may just offer him more anyway b/c that's the way Levy seems to be.

If anything all of these absurdly overpriced contracts will come home to roost next year when very average players have their agents come a banging on our door hands held out firmly.

Earthquake Enyart
06-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Better break this up before we get the infamous triple post.

Holy Grail, you know.

Wys Guy
06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
LOL

Nah, that was it. I enjoy the reactions here. Someone throws up a rumor thread and the responses that it draws are entertaining.

I will say this on the topic however, that if the team really wants to be fair, they need to give Schobel a little something extra somehow. Not saying that I would, just saying that the team's mgt. has put themselves in a bind of sorts that hasn't even begun to play out completely.

Some of the well paid players had better step up to impact level this season or those problems will compound themselves;

Royal, Price, McCargo (two draft picks), Tripplett, Dockery, Walker, Kelsay

gr8slayer
06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Unless we are getting a first and then some we don't need to trade him.