PDA

View Full Version : So, theres 2 top players at needs that may become available

X-Era
06-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Im talking about Lance Briggs and Asante Samuel are not happy with their contract situation.

Lance has already been discussed over and over. The Skins made a move but didnt land him. I dont see bidding even more. But he would be huge for us if we somehow made a move.

Now, what about Samuel? The Bills thought so much of our need at CB that they were ready to draft Revis with the 12 pick. The also wanted a LB but moved up for Puz. They did not, however draft a CB. That may mean they still see this as a question mark. Samuel may not report at all, I dont see the Pats letting him sit without shopping him. How can they tell Randy he better keep his mouth shut and then let Samuel become a distraction?

So, what would you give for Asante Samuel in a trade? a 1st rounder? a 2nd?

evol4276
06-04-2007, 05:22 PM
i dont see the bottomless money-pit that is the Patriots letting Asante go. Tho it would be sweet to have him, I highly doubt it. There'd be more of a chance for Lance, but it still kinda looks doubtful to me.

evol4276
06-04-2007, 05:23 PM
btw if it WERE possible id give asante maybe a first.. thats much but he is an excellent cb who makes a ton of plays. so if not a first then definately a second

ParanoidAndroid
06-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Both are too expensive....way too expensive to acquire and the contracts these guys will want won't exactly be cheap either.
No thanks to both. I say see what we've got in the youngsters on defense.

OpIv37
06-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Samuel will cost almost as much Clements and we let Clements go for financial reasons. He'd be a huge asset but I just don't see it happening.

TigerJ
06-04-2007, 09:33 PM
What Andy and Op said.

Goobylal
06-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I hope no team offers anything good for Samuel or Briggs and both sit-out half the season.

ublinkwescore
06-04-2007, 10:21 PM
I agree with Op and Andy, but I'd at least be on the phone with New England and Chicago, and tell them - if no one else is interested, let us know, because we will not get into a bidding war with anyone, and we will not over pay.

SABURZFAN
06-04-2007, 11:01 PM
:monkeyp:

To get either of those ballas we are going to have to offer at least Lee Evans at a minimum since he's our only good player.

if we're lucky,we could get a life size blow up doll of tom brady for you too.

Carlton Bailey
06-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Buffalo isn't getting Asante Samuel. Antoine Winfield? Now there's a possibility. He's unhappy with the Vikings, and if they cut him, the Bills need to swoop in. 'Toine's still a baller and was better than Clements here. I wish we never let him go.

SquishDaFish
06-05-2007, 05:21 AM
Yo GFunk Ballaz its not going to happen. Peace out homis

YardRat
06-05-2007, 05:24 AM
I think it's pretty obvious by the actions of the FO the last couple of FA periods that bringing in name players with big contracts isn't part of the plan.

X-Era
06-05-2007, 05:25 AM
:monkeyp:

if we're lucky,we could get a life size blow up doll of tom brady for you too.

lmao

Nice!

patmoran2006
06-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Cash.............To..................CAP

Mad Bomber
06-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Cash.............To..................CAP
Sad..............But.....................True

justasportsfan
06-05-2007, 09:52 AM
why would Briggs be a need when we already drafted Poz? Why would we need Sammuel when we drafted Edwards who I heard was hit one too many times and is athletic enough that he can can be a shutdown corner?