X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evol4276
    • Oct 2005

Some stats that interested me

Our total points allowed on defense.. ranks 10th in the nfl. as well as total defense being 18th obviously. 7th in passing defense, but a LOT worse for rushing d. kinda goes hand in hand

also interesting to me, which Im sure a lot of you are aware.. JP ranks 7th in qb rating, 8th in percentage, and 13th in total yards out of all the qbs that played all 16 games. Looks good as hell to me for an anemic offense
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Some stats that interested me

Points allowed is a much more indicative stat for the defense than yards, IMO.

That being said, a long, grinding drive that only results in a FG is just as damaging in the long run, if not more, than a quick TD strike. This defense still needs to improve on shutting down teams, stopping third downs, etc, and getting off the field.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by YardRat
      Points allowed is a much more indicative stat for the defense than yards, IMO.

That being said, a long, grinding drive that only results in a FG is just as damaging in the long run, if not more, than a quick TD strike. This defense still needs to improve on shutting down teams, stopping third downs, etc, and getting off the field.
      I agree, it seems like WAYYYYYYYY too many time last year in key 3rd downs, we could not find any way to stop the other team from getting a first. I have kindof forgotten that as it seems like years since we have been able to watch the beloved Bills play. I'd be interested to see third down percentages for our D, bc I bet they are not good. Lets hope we can improve this bc even if we give up 4 yards on first and second down, if we can stop them on 3rd, it doesnt matter

well it might but im just trying to make a point ha. 3rd down stops are key.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Buffalo's inability to stop the run, and poor third down defense, made it a "bend but don't break" style defense. The problem is they broke a few times too. If they can upgrade their run stopping ability, I would be much happier. The problem is the significant personnel losses (Clements, Fletcher, and Spikes) are going to make it difficult to predict until we get to September. We have a much better indication on the offensive side that Buffalo is going to up their productivity. Lot's of national observers are predicting a long season for Buffalo's defense, but I think it's too early to say that. If McCargo is healthy, and Darwin Walker agrees to terms, the defensive line is going to be much deeper and should be stronger than last season. If Posluszny can get up to speed this summer, and Ellison's rookie season proves to be no fluke, the linebacking may be OK without Spikes and Fletcher, and Youboty and Webster may be able to adequately fill the vacuum left by Clements. The problem is they are still "ifs" at this point and we wish they could all be "of courses."
        Last edited by TigerJ; 06-05-2007, 05:52 PM.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
        X