PDA

View Full Version : What can we learn from Ottawa?

blackonyx89
06-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Well armchair coaches? What can the Sabres do next year to avoid the inevitable event of Ottawa losing the Stanley Cup? The Ducks are by far the better team and I'm happy that we didn't reach the finals,because they're handling the Sens and we might've suffered the same fate.

bigbub2352
06-05-2007, 08:50 AM
That being physical is still important in todays NHL, and our lack there of on the blueline is why we r playing golf right now, add grit to our explosive offense and no golf in june for the sabres

OpIv37
06-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Well armchair coaches? What can the Sabres do next year to avoid the inevitable event of Ottawa losing the Stanley Cup? The Ducks are by far the better team and I'm happy that we didn't reach the finals,because they're handling the Sens and we might've suffered the same fate.
we can learn that it helps to have the zebras on your side. That's how Ottawa does it.

Earthquake Enyart
06-05-2007, 09:21 AM
We got too small up front.

Typ0
06-05-2007, 10:11 AM
we would beat anaheim with our team playing up to their capabilities for the whole game.

SabreEleven
06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
There are two seasons. The regular season and the playoffs. The refs change the way they call the two different seasons. It is pre-2004 in the playoffs.

don137
06-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I learned Buffalo needs to be part of Canada to get the help from the officials and the league. Apparently you can fire spalshots directly at the opposition plus sucker punch someone in the pursuing melay and no call will be made, you can charge from the blue line and lead with your arm at the oppositions head and no call or suspension will be made but if the reverse happens there teams will get the suspension, you can have a goalie that sticks his leg out and trip the opposition but no call will be made or you can be out of your crease and be grazed by the opposition on accident and dive to the ice and have the other team get the penalty.
Ottawa is a good team don't get me wrong but the league is embarassing themseves once again. What separates Buffalo from Ottawa IMO is that Ottawa has some great defenseman that will get in front of the puck, are great with the puck and not afraid to bang the opposition. Buffalo's defense (and offense for that matter) is way too soft. As much as I hate Ottawa you have to love a player like Mike Fisher. Physical yet also can put the puck in the net. The Sabres need a guy like him or Peca in his prime along with some physical blue liners.

RockStar36
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
We can learn that a good team can only cover up for a ****ty goalie for so long.

mchurchfie
06-05-2007, 10:58 AM
There are two seasons. The regular season and the playoffs. The refs change the way they call the two different seasons. It is pre-2004 in the playoffs.
Exactly. I know Buffalo could have played better but that was a cruel joke the NHL played on the Sabres...once more. We sold out and set up our team to be light and fast which was good through the first year and a half since the lockout then the NHL and refs slowly started reverting back to the old NHL. When it came playoff time all of the sudden its a hidden rule that there is tighter checking, the whistles get put away a little more and you need to be more physical than fast and talented. Once again the NHL with its caveman mentallity embarrasses itself.

Earthquake Enyart
06-05-2007, 11:16 AM
It doesn't help that a couple of the little guys are too well known for diving.