PDA

View Full Version : webster anyone?

evol4276
06-05-2007, 02:09 PM
WEBSTER WORK ETHIC: If anyone was wondering about the Jason Webster work ethic, this may shed a little more light on it. After practice today Webster had Trent Edwards throw passes in a general area of the field and Webster working as a cornerback tried to make plays on the ball to work on his ball skills. Edwards worked with Webster for about a half hour straight after practice and easily threw about 50-60 passes. It was encouraging to see knowing how important that right cornerback spot is in terms of filling it in training camp. ---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

good stuff. he looks like he really wants to be an impact player on this team.

Carlton Bailey
06-05-2007, 02:10 PM
I like it. The guy has a chip on his shoulder from failing in Atlanta. Maybe he'll do for us what he was supposed to do for the Falcons. What a boon that would be.

justasportsfan
06-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I just hope Edwards doesn't get used to throwing to a cb. :ill:

Michael82
06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I just hope Edwards doesn't get used to throwing to a cb. :ill:
why? He won't see the field anytime soon. :::

raphael120
06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
so much for youboty...we havent heard crap from the dude in awhile...

Mr. Miyagi
06-05-2007, 02:44 PM
so much for youboty...we havent heard crap from the dude in awhile...
Just because Webster is working hard doesn't mean Youboty is out.

Edwards is the one practcing extra time with Webster. So much for JP. :ill:

OpIv37
06-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Chris Brown is more of a publicist than a journalist- he gets paid to spread good news about the team, so we have to take what he says with a grain of salt.

That being said, if Webster turns out to be starting-caliber, it would greatly help the D. I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Youboty and Webster starting with McGee either playing nickel or riding the pine at some point this season.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Mmmm sa guy with some talent ... got a big payday in Atlanta (maybe slept on his money for a bit) ... got booed and cut out of town ...

Maybe a wakeup a call in the cards? He has the scheme in his favor because he played well in it in San Fran; but he still has the injury label with him.

Tatonka
06-05-2007, 09:57 PM
i was listening to pat kirwan and tim ryan today on sirus..

ryan and kirwan were both very complitmentary of webster and the signing by the bills.. they both said they felt like he was an emerging CB when he left san fran and said that they felt he could turn out to be a starter for buffalo. they went on to say that youboty and him will fight it out and we should have a good nickle back regardless of who gets the starting nod (assuming youboty works out they said, which they thought he would be fine.)

patmoran2006
06-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Youboty and WEbster are both guys where camp means nothing.

I cant wait to see how they play on game days. That will be very telling.

Webster's biggest problem besides injuries has been his inability to play with confidence.

i've heard good things about him so far, I want to see how he holds up in games.

If he's good, that would be a huge blessing to this team; that's for sure.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-06-2007, 05:37 AM
In a way, Youbody and Webster's emergence could very well define the defensive performance of the Bills in 2007. I guess we should be glad we have a second option in terms of Webster instead of pin our hope on Youbody solely.

Overall as a team, Losman's performance still dominate the 2007 team. I know many b*tched about wide receivers, but let's face it, this is where you find out about QBs. Brady was still a top performer without great receivers. Let's see if Losman can make names for some our receivers (wink wink Roscoe).

justasportsfan
06-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Remind me again why people were crying about not drafting that cb in the 3rd rd and going insstead with Edwards ? :idunno:

OpIv37
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Remind me again why people were crying about not drafting that cb in the 3rd rd and going insstead with Edwards ? :idunno:

1. We didn't have Webster at the time of the draft
2. I don't know why this concept is so difficult for you: 2 IS BETTER THAN ONE. If Youboty falls on his face, then what? The chances of 2 CB's failing is much less than the chances of 1 CB failing.
3. Edwards will not see the field this year, and if he does, he will suck. It's another concept that is difficult for you: opportunity cost. The team passed on a player who may or may not contribute for one who WON'T contribute. It's a luxury we can't afford.

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
The team passed on a player who may or may not contribute for one who WON'T contribute. It's a luxury we can't afford.
So if Edwards gets to play this year, he will suck and WON'T contribute. But if we had drafted a CB and he played this year, he may not suck and may or may not contribute?

B-DON
06-06-2007, 11:56 AM
If Webster contributes anything this year it will be a bonus. If he starts, i don't know whether to be scared or excited?

OpIv37
06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
So if Edwards gets to play this year, he will suck and WON'T contribute. But if we had drafted a CB and he played this year, he may not suck and may or may not contribute?

wow, I don't know where to begin with what's wrong with your post.

First, QB is NOT CB. It is the hardest position on the field with the steepest learning curve. Ever since ****ing Ben Rothlisberger, everyone seems to think any QB can just step in and play. But, I guess that's in line with the BZ trend of using the exception as the rule.

Second, everyone seems to be OK with Youboty, who was a 3rd rounder who has played in ONE game. If Youboty is fine, why couldn't another 3rd round CB be as good or better? Even if Youboty works out, K Thomas and McGee both have limitations and we have no depth at the position.

If you honestly think a 3rd round QB has the same chances of contributing as a 3rd round CB, you obviously don't understand pro football.

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2007, 01:29 PM
You ducked that question quickly there.

I don't care how you spin it about QBs are not CBs, and how Youboty has a chance and on and on, but the bottom line is that you cannot know with any certainty that a rookie CB may contribute but a rookie QB will not. You don't know, neither do I, nor anyone else. Therefore your entire argument is basisless and you know it.

Plus your piss poor attitude and unnecessarily condescending remark is not appreciated.

OpIv37
06-06-2007, 01:35 PM
You ducked that question quickly there.

I don't care how you spin it about QBs are not CBs, and how Youboty has a chance and on and on, but the bottom line is that you cannot know with any certainty that a rookie CB may contribute but a rookie QB will not. You don't know, neither do I, nor anyone else. Therefore your entire argument is basisless and you know it.

Plus your piss poor attitude and unnecessarily condescending remark is not appreciated.

No, the argument is NOT baseless. It's playing percentages. the chances of a CB contributing in the first year are MUCH higher than the chances of a QB contributing. No one has argued that CB is a need- so why WOULDN'T we take a player in a position of need who is more likely to contribute? It defies logic.

Imagine there are two contests and you can only enter 1. The first contest has a 1 in 20 chance of winning, and the second one has a 1 in 100 chance of winning. Which one are you going to choose? To complicate things, the prize in the 1 in 20 contest is a new SUV that would be useful in driving your kids around, and the prize in the 1 in 100 contest is a John Deere tractor that you have no use for.

Well, Marv chose the 1 in a 100 chance to win the tractor.

Tatonka
06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
so losman gets hurt and edwards turns out to be tom brady.. that could never happen..

but we draft damien hughes (which was the only real choice if we go cb in the 3rd round) and he is the savior? what is to say that hughes wouldnt just end up like youboty last year?

OpIv37
06-06-2007, 01:37 PM
so losman gets hurt and edwards turns out to be tom brady.. that could never happen..

but we draft damien hughes (which was the only real choice if we go cb in the 3rd round) and he is the savior? what is to say that hughes wouldnt just end up like youboty last year?

the chances of Hughes contributing are MUCH higher than the chances of Losman being hurt AND Edwards being Brady. It's playing the percentages. I don't understand why that concept is so hard for some of you to understand.

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2007, 02:05 PM
You keep throwing percentages out to back up your argument. What are your percentages based on? Show me the math, historical stats, actual numbers, projections, and trends.

Until then it is nothing but your personal subjective opinion, not facts.

OpIv37
06-06-2007, 02:19 PM
You keep throwing percentages out to back up your argument. What are your percentages based on? Show me the math, historical stats, actual numbers, projections, and trends.

Until then it is nothing but your personal subjective opinion, not facts.

if you think it's an opinion that more CB's start in their first year than QB's despite the fact that years onf NFL history have proven it to be true, I can't help you.

I'm trying to avoid arguments on here and I'm doing a really piss-poor job of it. QB has the highest learning curve in the NFL and you're choosing to ignore that fact, so this argument is going nowhere. I'm not wasting any more time on this.

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2007, 02:37 PM
All you ever do on this message board is to START arguments, and to show everyone how smart you are and that you're always right. Don't fool yourself.

justasportsfan
06-06-2007, 02:54 PM
:movie: