X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evol4276
    • Oct 2005

webster anyone?

WEBSTER WORK ETHIC: If anyone was wondering about the Jason Webster work ethic, this may shed a little more light on it. After practice today Webster had Trent Edwards throw passes in a general area of the field and Webster working as a cornerback tried to make plays on the ball to work on his ball skills. Edwards worked with Webster for about a half hour straight after practice and easily threw about 50-60 passes. It was encouraging to see knowing how important that right cornerback spot is in terms of filling it in training camp. ---

good stuff. he looks like he really wants to be an impact player on this team.
  • Carlton Bailey

Re: webster anyone?

I like it. The guy has a chip on his shoulder from failing in Atlanta. Maybe he'll do for us what he was supposed to do for the Falcons. What a boon that would be.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I just hope Edwards doesn't get used to throwing to a cb.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        I just hope Edwards doesn't get used to throwing to a cb.
        why? He won't see the field anytime soon.

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

so much for youboty...we havent heard crap from the dude in awhile...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
            so much for youboty...we havent heard crap from the dude in awhile...
            Just because Webster is working hard doesn't mean Youboty is out.

Edwards is the one practcing extra time with Webster. So much for JP.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Chris Brown is more of a publicist than a journalist- he gets paid to spread good news about the team, so we have to take what he says with a grain of salt.

That being said, if Webster turns out to be starting-caliber, it would greatly help the D. I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Youboty and Webster starting with McGee either playing nickel or riding the pine at some point this season.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Mmmm sa guy with some talent ... got a big payday in Atlanta (maybe slept on his money for a bit) ... got booed and cut out of town ...

Maybe a wakeup a call in the cards? He has the scheme in his favor because he played well in it in San Fran; but he still has the injury label with him.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i was listening to pat kirwan and tim ryan today on sirus..

ryan and kirwan were both very complitmentary of webster and the signing by the bills.. they both said they felt like he was an emerging CB when he left san fran and said that they felt he could turn out to be a starter for buffalo. they went on to say that youboty and him will fight it out and we should have a good nickle back regardless of who gets the starting nod (assuming youboty works out they said, which they thought he would be fine.)
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Youboty and WEbster are both guys where camp means nothing.

I cant wait to see how they play on game days. That will be very telling.

Webster's biggest problem besides injuries has been his inability to play with confidence.

i've heard good things about him so far, I want to see how he holds up in games.

If he's good, that would be a huge blessing to this team; that's for sure.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

In a way, Youbody and Webster's emergence could very well define the defensive performance of the Bills in 2007. I guess we should be glad we have a second option in terms of Webster instead of pin our hope on Youbody solely.

Overall as a team, Losman's performance still dominate the 2007 team. I know many b*tched about wide receivers, but let's face it, this is where you find out about QBs. Brady was still a top performer without great receivers. Let's see if Losman can make names for some our receivers (wink wink Roscoe).

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Remind me again why people were crying about not drafting that cb in the 3rd rd and going insstead with Edwards ?
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Remind me again why people were crying about not drafting that cb in the 3rd rd and going insstead with Edwards ?
                          1. We didn't have Webster at the time of the draft
                          2. I don't know why this concept is so difficult for you: 2 IS BETTER THAN ONE. If Youboty falls on his face, then what? The chances of 2 CB's failing is much less than the chances of 1 CB failing.
                          3. Edwards will not see the field this year, and if he does, he will suck. It's another concept that is difficult for you: opportunity cost. The team passed on a player who may or may not contribute for one who WON'T contribute. It's a luxury we can't afford.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            The team passed on a player who may or may not contribute for one who WON'T contribute. It's a luxury we can't afford.
                            So if Edwards gets to play this year, he will suck and WON'T contribute. But if we had drafted a CB and he played this year, he may not suck and may or may not contribute?

Comment

• B-DON
                              hi
                              • Mar 2004

If Webster contributes anything this year it will be a bonus. If he starts, i don't know whether to be scared or excited?

Comment

Working...
                              X